shape
carat
color
clarity

"Disposing of a Myth - the Evolution of the Am. Rd Brilliant"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/8/2007 5:18:18 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 1/8/2007 3:54:04 AM
Author: DiaGem
Garry,

I saw a brand new finished BR 6 carats D-FL yesterday, its was GIA graded Triple EX, 32.3 degree crown, 41.8 degree pavilion.
The diamond looked real good, but do you think the 32 degree crown is a concern for re-sale purposes??
How thick was the girdle?
That shallow a pavilion angle would need a on the thick side girdle for durability reasons.
also what was the table % and lgf%?
Girdle thin, Depth 60%, Table 59.5%

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/8/2007 6:21:34 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 1/8/2007 5:18:18 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 1/8/2007 3:54:04 AM
Author: DiaGem
Garry,

I saw a brand new finished BR 6 carats D-FL yesterday, its was GIA graded Triple EX, 32.3 degree crown, 41.8 degree pavilion.
The diamond looked real good, but do you think the 32 degree crown is a concern for re-sale purposes??
How thick was the girdle?
That shallow a pavilion angle would need a on the thick side girdle for durability reasons.
also what was the table % and lgf%?
If the table is less than 59% and the lower girdle facets are not too long then it should be OK - some leakage, and after I have done a new version of HCA - probably not ''ideal'' or less than 2 as the pavilion is a bit deep or the crown not shallow enough. but in a bigger stone it could work fairly well.

In 5 years time the idea that certain crown angles are wrong will be ancient history.
Regarding crown angles, i am screaming it allready for a long, long time in regards to Fancy shapes..., The rounds in my opinion are getting way to scientific!

Storn if the stone has a thin girdle as described by AGS - it would still be thick enough on a 6ct to sign your name with a fountain pen.
When i saw that crown angle on the report..., it just jumped at me.
But like i said before, the stone is a gorgeous one...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results