shape
carat
color
clarity

Disgruntled diamond buyer

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can they put me on the wait list if the stone becomes available?
Can someone keep an eye on one if it indeed some how does become available?
If you look on the Search results page that comes up when you use the Search Bar at the top of the forum, I believe there is an option for subscribing to New Listed Stones alerts - that could be useful (although you may need to pay a small subscription for it?) :)

1rookiehere

Rough_Rock
If you look on the Search results page that comes up when you use the Search Bar at the top of the forum, I believe there is an option for subscribing to New Listed Stones alerts - that could be useful (although you may need to pay a small subscription for it?) :)

hi @OoohShiny!
Yes, I have paid the small fee for this. I get a alerts daily, but it's still slim pickings so I haven't tested the waters by trying to purchase something yet. thanks for the suggestion!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ WOW - that BN 1.51ct I-VS1 pear is simply stunning, with an amazing make - OP if your budget is $10K, I highly recommend going up the additional yet relatively insignificant $271 and buying it so you can examine in person - it should be a spectacular diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs! this stone is beautiful especially for an I color. It's going over my budget a but though. sad :((
I totally respect budgets and certainly don't want to tell you to ignore the 10k limit, but $271 over is relatively small when considering a 10k purchase. I feel like it's worth seeing that stone in person, but again, totally up to you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Blue Nile stone is a lovely stone, if you join their website/mailing list often you get a discount code that should actually put the price of that stone under your budget.

Alternatively contact IDJ tell them you were sent by fussy PSers and ask them what they can find for you;

https://idjewelry.com/

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t tell you if this stone is good or not ... it is K colour ... but Good Old Gold has it in house and they are a fabulous vendor! They also have concierge service and could find one for you.

ETA: I’m not sure I could recommend this diamond either - it’s not certified! I like the video, lol.

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamonds/id/3604847

ETA#2 (I should not be allowed on the internet today) ... to the OP ... I’m sorry to hear this happened to you! That sucks! I hope that you can get it resolved quickly.
I was going to recommend Good Old Gold as well. I personally have bought a diamond from them and it was a great experience.

1rookiehere

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice everyone!
I will definitely check out those sites. I did place one at BN on hold, I just don't know how long they will hold it for. Until then, I'm going to give my search for the perfect diamond a rest for a couple days since I have to wait for that darn check to come. ugh. I'm assuming it'll get here later than sooner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results