shape
carat
color
clarity

disappointed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Cehra: I don''t understand why you feel like an ass. I guess I also don''t understand why the designer''s health issues are impacting your experience, she shouldn''t be sharing that with you. I guess from a professional standpoint I don''t see how imparting that kind of personal information to a customer is going to do anyone any good. That just seems unprofessional to me, but that''s just my personal opinion. Why didn''t they get someone else to handle your job if she''s in so much pain?

You just wound up feeling guilty and bad about yourself because of a miscommunication?

I''m sure they will do wonderful work, they are a talented bunch, but I''m surprised you didn''t take your ring to one of our local designers here, (we have many good ones) where you could have been a part of the process in person, trying on waxes in person, etc.... It just feels like one has more control in person & less opportunities for misunderstandings.

Well, I can''t wait to see your finished project. Just breathe deep and don''t approve any waxes that don''t look right to you. I had to have mine redone a few times before we got it where I wanted it to be.

Hang in there

Jeannine

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 6:32:59 PM
Author: divergrrl
Cehra: I don''t understand why you feel like an ass. I guess I also don''t understand why the designer''s health issues are impacting your experience, she shouldn''t be sharing that with you. I guess from a professional standpoint I don''t see how imparting that kind of personal information to a customer is going to do anyone any good. That just seems unprofessional to me, but that''s just my personal opinion. Why didn''t they get someone else to handle your job if she''s in so much pain?

You just wound up feeling guilty and bad about yourself because of a miscommunication?

I''m sure they will do wonderful work, they are a talented bunch, but I''m surprised you didn''t take your ring to one of our local designers here, (we have many good ones) where you could have been a part of the process in person, trying on waxes in person, etc.... It just feels like one has more control in person & less opportunities for misunderstandings.

Well, I can''t wait to see your finished project. Just breathe deep and don''t approve any waxes that don''t look right to you. I had to have mine redone a few times before we got it where I wanted it to be.

Hang in there

Jeannine
there isn''t a talented "bunch" here - just one person... and and she is not replacable. As for her health, I am a fan of people being people and I think that is important info for me to know but maybe it isn''t important for me to post. I thought it was pertinant because it impacted the situation, but I wouldn''t judge someone for being open with me. I don''t need professional boundaries all the time... in fact I prefer just being person to person in most things.

I did take my design to a local jeweler and coincidentally HER health issues prevented the job from being completed. So then I sat on it for a couple months to take a break and then figure out what I wanted and what I really wanted - and mentioned on the board a couple weeks ago before I started this path, that I wanted to know who made my ring - and not just have an anonymous benchperson do it... and my wishes came true more than I could imagine. It really isn''t appropriate to share everything from our conversations, but this is a really magical situation and I couldn''t be more thrilled. I can honestly say that this is one time (my freakout yesterday) where I am happy beyond words to be wrong.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for sharing that Cehra, Ocean was quite complimentary to you also when I talked with her this morning.

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 7:29:56 PM
Author: Wink
Thank you for sharing that Cehra, Ocean was quite complimentary to you also when I talked with her this morning.

Wink
That is one special person wink and thank you so very much for introducing us :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results