shape
carat
color
clarity

difference between us and european markets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

damo

Rough_Rock
is it right that the us market prefers smaller tables and higher crowns?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It was true. Now here in Europe there are some H&A's and while there are still many diamonds with 66% table and 11% crown, we see every day more stones with smaller tables --mainly 56-60% and higher crowns.
1.gif

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
I do not believe there is any particular "market" who preferes anything. This assumption is based on "European Taste" or something like that. I tell you, there is no taste, there is just diamond vendors who sell what they have always sold. Then they call it " European Taste".

When I started to sell H&A it was immediatly accepted by my customers in Finland.

There is a big market for H&A ( or ideal cut) in Europe, it only needs to be marketed here.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you Sibelius. Mybe I didn't express my opinion too clearly. It's not about taste, it's about what you see in stores. At the moment I see some well cut stones, but I also see some teeeeeeeeeeerrrrible ultra shallow stones with 70% table.
H&A's and ideal need more marketing. They aren't as popular as in the US, but I think in the near future they'll become much more recognized and appreciated. Or so I hope.
1.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Giangi,

Same thing here in Canada..............
However, I do believe that Ideal Cuts are not the only diamonds
worth buying. Some 60/60 combos are terrific deals sometimes.

Trichrome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results