Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

difference between us and european markets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

damo

Rough_Rock
is it right that the us market prefers smaller tables and higher crowns?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It was true. Now here in Europe there are some H&A's and while there are still many diamonds with 66% table and 11% crown, we see every day more stones with smaller tables --mainly 56-60% and higher crowns.

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
I do not believe there is any particular "market" who preferes anything. This assumption is based on "European Taste" or something like that. I tell you, there is no taste, there is just diamond vendors who sell what they have always sold. Then they call it " European Taste".

When I started to sell H&A it was immediatly accepted by my customers in Finland.

There is a big market for H&A ( or ideal cut) in Europe, it only needs to be marketed here.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you Sibelius. Mybe I didn't express my opinion too clearly. It's not about taste, it's about what you see in stores. At the moment I see some well cut stones, but I also see some teeeeeeeeeeerrrrible ultra shallow stones with 70% table.
H&A's and ideal need more marketing. They aren't as popular as in the US, but I think in the near future they'll become much more recognized and appreciated. Or so I hope.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Giangi,

Same thing here in Canada..............
However, I do believe that Ideal Cuts are not the only diamonds
worth buying. Some 60/60 combos are terrific deals sometimes.

Trichrome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.