shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference between a VS1 and VVS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rijndael

Rough_Rock
Without any jewelers tools is there a huge difference in how a VS1 diamond looks as compared to a VVS2?

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
To you with no tools? Just your eyes? Normally, not a bit of difference....Hope that helps!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Unless there is a crystal or some inclusion that causes the light to refract in a strange manner, there is no difference to the naked eye between the two...except the price!
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Only in the wallet.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
To your unaided eye...No way, no how! UNLESS you''re talking about a 5-50ct. EC - maybe!

However, the view from your wallet - could be a substantially different!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
rijndael

Actually, I think you''re OK, also with a VS2, without having to ask, for the most part, the "is it eye-clean" questions.

Re your other posts and finds, I think you''re doing well, and being well served.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Other than price and preference both would be eye-clean. I would say that you would have to purchase a pretty LARGE diamond to really see a difference between those clarity grades.

9.gif

photogold

Rough_Rock
Without jewelers tools there is *absolutely no difference*.

My wife has a VS1 and I have never been able to see the inclusions with a 10X loupe.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
With the naked eye, you''re safe even down to VS2. With a loupe, the inclusions are more noticeable (if they''re not clouds) on VS stones versus VVS ones to me. But that''s with a loupe and who walks around with a loupe anyways unless you''re in a jewelry shop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results