shape
carat
color
clarity

Didja get any gag gifts?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care about your new red Ferrari or your 16-carat Fancy Intense Blue ACA.

I got a wine glass holder 'necklace'.
Perfect for stand-up dinner parties ... that is, if you don't fill the glass this high. :errrr:

Hahahaha!

screen_shot_2015-12-25_at_1.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny that is pretty funny.

This was my funny present. I like to say "That's how I roll" which my husband always tells me I am not hip enough to say that. He found this dish towel and was pretty proud of it.

img_1578.jpeg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got a 'Super Dooper Reindeer Pooper', basically a jelly bean dispenser with brown jelly beans to imitate poop. It was part of a silly secret santa game that my in-laws do each xmas.

My father has a mate who lost his legs when he was young, every year his kids get him socks for xmas and my dad sends him some flip-flops. I always laugh knowing he gets that every year as he's not disabled or handicapped at all (quite the opposite actually...)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a Wookie coat! (Children's medium... Fits me perfectly.)

And I gave dish towels to all my closest (translation: most likely to join me at Betty Ford) friends that say "I think my 'check liver' light might come on soon."

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny, apology for being naive, however, is that the real you in the pic?

I love that wine glass necklace, very neat idea, and may get one for myself.

I do not exchange pressie with anyone, and the person who drew me for Secret Santa at work had to go away on urgent family visit.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1451090943|3966231 said:
kenny, apology for being naive, however, is that the real you in the pic?

No, I wish I was that handsome. ;(
That's the recipient of the first Octavia ever sold. :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1451080854|3966193 said:

This was my funny present. I like to say "That's how I roll" which my husband always tells me I am not hip enough to say that. He found this dish towel and was pretty proud of it.

You need to get a T-shirt made for yourself that says, "You're not hip enough to tell me I'm not hip enough!" :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1451092029|3966237 said:
marcy|1451080854|3966193 said:

You need to get a T-shirt made for yourself that says, "You're not hip enough to tell me I'm not hip enough!" :bigsmile:

That would be perfect. :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave my lead teacher, a woman who worked in our room my first year and part of my second, and myself, each two pairs of socks. We had (and still have, on FB) a thing going about sloths, and I found socks that have sloths w/santa hats all over them. We also used to laugh at one of the songs we played in our room for the kids..Sasquatch, sasquatch, won't'cha come on down..And I just so happened to find socks w/a sasquatch running thru the snow. Randomly, at Target one day a couple months ago. It was meant to be.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Not for me, but I got DH a Christmas tree ornament with a bad picture of him on it.

Back story is that a professional photographer took pictures for an event he was participating in and the organizer chose to use a really awful shot. His expression looked like a toddler who has just pooped. It became a bit of a local meme. I saw it up in a store last week!

We used the picture for our Christmas cards this year.

We get a new ornament every year so now we have something special to add to our tree.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a few, but my favorite was this Honey Bacon lollipop in my stocking. (Yes, I am in my 30s and still receive stockings from "Santa" aka my mother.) My husband and I call each other "bacon" as our term of endearment instead of "babe" (long story), so this was really cute.

Love that wine contraption, Kenny! I need one!

honeybacon.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1451099495|3966257 said:
I Love that wine contraption, Kenny! I need one!

Well 'Bacon', I'll trade you mine for your new red Ferrari or your 16-carat Fancy Intense Blue ACA. :bigsmile:

Q

Queenie60

Ha, ha. Kenny, I was actually at a neighborhood party this past summer and one of the really old men (89 or so) came with one of those wine glass holders around his neck and he was so very proud of it!!!!

As for a gag gift - it wasn't supposed to be a gag; my husband gave me this red thing - supposed to be a sweater or something however, it does not have a neck hole??? :doh: The four of us had great laugh :lol: He tried!! :errrr: I told him I wanted a red poncho and this is what he came up with. I just can't figure out what it is??? My son said he went to several stores in San Francisco to find a red poncho and this is what he came up with :wall: This is why I chose my own gifts!!! Merry Christmas

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1451078470|3966176 said:
I don't care about your new red Ferrari or your 16-carat Fancy Intense Blue ACA.

Perfect for stand-up dinner parties ... that is, if you don't fill the glass this high. :errrr:

Hahahaha!

Hmmm, would this work with a stemless wine glass??? Face it, they're easier to pick up and set down after you're on your
2nd+ glass :lol: .

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I need to find the wine holder. I have a few friends that would really get a kick out of it. Last year I gave them a sign that said
"I'm Outdoorsy. I Like to Drink On Patios". The wine glass will make a perfect gift next year.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it because it can be seen as a humorous gag gift but also something that some people will legitimately use.

The one I got is named Wine Yoke.
http://wineyoke.com

$7.01 on Amazon: http://wineyoke.com

The part on mine that touches the glass is made of firm but soft rubber
The hole in it gives a bit when you try to force through a wine glass base that's a bit too big.

There are other companies who make similar thing with different designs (possibly more secure) of gripping the glass.
If I was buying I'd also consider other designs, such as this one apparetly from Wine Enthusiast.

Do a google image search on wine glass holder necklace and many designs will show up.
I think real leather would be the perfect material to hold the glass.

Advice: Install glass before filling so wine doesn't spill out as you are installing the glass into the holder.
Don't ask me why I know this. :oops:

Here is a cute video of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHO7TLN-j4

screen_shot_2015-12-26_at_2.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, it just dawned on me that it will not work with different types of cocktail glasses, and not many cocktails come in wine glasses!

DK :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kenny! I'm buying a few of them to put away for next Christmas!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1451169675|3966535 said:
Hmmm, it just dawned on me that it will not work with different types of cocktail glasses, and not many cocktails come in wine glasses!

DK :bigsmile:

You don't need one.
Only we winos drink enough to lose control of our hands.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just glad nobody here posted about Santa bringing a sex toy.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1451174077|3966580 said:
I'm just glad nobody here posted about Santa bringing a sex toy.

Are you sure that's not what your wine device is REALLY for? :wink2:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kenny|1451078470|3966176 said:

Hahahaha!

I WANT one!!

I didnt get a gag gift (or a Ferrari, or a fancy blue) but four people each gave me a bottle of laphroaig whisky, which made me think of you! And made me think maybe I dropped too many hints this year... :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer W|1451251089|3966951 said:
... but four people each gave me a bottle of laphroaig whisky, ...

I'll be right over. :mrgreen:

screen_shot_2015-12-27_at_1.png

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kenny|1451252355|3966966 said:
Jennifer W|1451251089|3966951 said:
... but four people each gave me a bottle of laphroaig whisky, ...

I'll be right over. :mrgreen:
Just let yourself in, if we've finished the first bottle...cheers!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My husband thought it would be a gag gift, but it was such a hit I've bumped it up to great gift.

He tolerates my love for Richard Armitage, and thinks my adoration of George Sanders is rather weird. After reading that GS actually cut a record I was on my computer about a month ago, desperately trying to find a copy of "George Sanders Sings Songs for Lovely Ladies" and not finding anything at all. And getting ticked.

Last summer I got my dream ring {11/2EC,micro halo} and agreed that was my gift for Xmas AND anniversary and reminded him several times that he shouldn't get me a gift.

So when I came down Christmas morning, in my stocking were lottery tickets and a mysteriously shaped package for me under the tree. My wonderful husband actually tracked down the album and got it for me.

He thought it was a joke, but I think it is a WONDERFUL gift to go with my dvd collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results