shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Your Preferences Change After Trying on Rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Yes my idea of what was the ''perfect'' ring did! I tried on EVERYTHING; pave'' bands, plain bands, square stones, round stones but my preferences were either to go toward something simple or something ornate. I do have a soft spot for three stone rings in my heart as well and for a while I was after a yellow diamond! But at the end of the day I chose a six prong soft knife edge solitaire with an AGS round H/VS2 it''s 0.80 carats.

Looking at a picture is one thing but trying it on is very different! I have a small finger (3.75) and not a lot of space between them. The pave'' rings I tried on weren''t too comfortable to me.

While my size of stone stayed about the same (under 1 carat) I did gravitate toward rounds. The shape looked great on my finger and getting a band to match is much easier vs. say a three stone ring. I don''t have a lot of space on my finger either and my fiance'' wanted me to have the traditional e-ring/band so the round shape worked well.

The classic design of my ring is probably the #1 reason why I chose it. There were a lot of rings I liked that were on-of-a-kind and unfortunately the pressure to buy was too much for my fiance''. Someone gave me the idea of picking a setting that was more common and giving him a choice of stones. It was the BEST idea I''ve ever received and it worked!

Don''t get me wrong I''m the one who will be wearing the ring not him BUT to me it was important that this ring be a shared collaboration. My advice is to try on as much as you can. Imagine yourself wearing your ring in every situation possible. There was a lovely light yellow diamond that was a great price for a clean and gorgeous stone but I changed my mind about it because it was just too big for me. I wouldn''t have felt comfortable wearing it every day so I just said no.

The dreaded diamond shrinkage was not an issue; he slipped the ring on my finger in August and I still get blown away by it! It''s cut so well that it appears huge and the skinny band of the ring helps. I did think about simulants; there are some nice ones out there and checked out some natural sapphires. It helps to keep your options open.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results