shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you wear heirloom jewelry on your wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
:) I don''t know how much DH paid, but for his ring I took dad out to dinner at the place he took me when I was picked as valedictorian in HS, it was a more expensive dinner this time since we went through a lot of wine. But we both ceremoniously paid two quarters...which my sister pointed out is no longer much silver.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
sounds like you and your father had a nice and memorable time.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hm. I get married one week from today (!!!!!!!!!), and I''m not really sure yet... I will be wearing what I hope will become heirloom jewelry. My FMIL gave me a beautiful pair of pearl earrings for Christmas last year that I will definitely be wearing! And to match those, I bought a string of pearls with a gift certificate (yes, a gift certificate!) that my sister gave me for a shower gift (I consider these pearls a gift from my dear sister!).

As far as actual heirloom jewlery goes, my sister had offered to let me wear our deceased grandmother''s e-ring and wedding band on my right hand. I''ll have to ask her about it this week. These peices have been in a safe-deposit box for EIGHTEEN YEARS, only taken out for my sister''s wedding 10 years ago (a bit of an age difference between the two of us).

I have recently started to try to convince my sister to have our grandmother''s diamond re-set into a RHR that is more her style so that my sister can wear it and remember our Grandma every day. I really don''t think that Grandma''s intention when she gave these rings to my sister was to have them sit in the bank and not enjoyed... :)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 12:18:20 AM
Author: nclrgirl
Hm. I get married one week from today (!!!!!!!!!), and I''m not really sure yet... I will be wearing what I hope will become heirloom jewelry. My FMIL gave me a beautiful pair of pearl earrings for Christmas last year that I will definitely be wearing! And to match those, I bought a string of pearls with a gift certificate (yes, a gift certificate!) that my sister gave me for a shower gift (I consider these pearls a gift from my dear sister!).

As far as actual heirloom jewlery goes, my sister had offered to let me wear our deceased grandmother''s e-ring and wedding band on my right hand. I''ll have to ask her about it this week. These peices have been in a safe-deposit box for EIGHTEEN YEARS, only taken out for my sister''s wedding 10 years ago (a bit of an age difference between the two of us).

I have recently started to try to convince my sister to have our grandmother''s diamond re-set into a RHR that is more her style so that my sister can wear it and remember our Grandma every day. I really don''t think that Grandma''s intention when she gave these rings to my sister was to have them sit in the bank and not enjoyed... :)
I AGREE...Diamonds hate the dark and grave light to do their job and sparkle!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results