shape
carat
color
clarity

did you save the top deck of your wedding cake?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 9:10:42 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Haha I''ve already been informed by FI that there''s no way he''s eating a cake that''s been in the freezer for a year.
3.gif
I really don''t know what we''re going to do with all the extra cake though - the venue does our cake for us and gives us a 3-tier cake with the package - 10 inch, 8 inch, and 6 inch layers... we have 13 people total coming to the wedding, haha. Maybe we''ll send bunches of it home with people in boxes.
9.gif

My best friend got married in May and she and her now DH have been together since high school. They had a joint high school graduation party, and her MIL saved some of her graduation cake by freezing it (we graduated in 2001). Well, during their rehearsal dinner she gave a speech and busted out the 8 yr old cake and served it to everyone! I braved it and tried the cake and to my surprise, it still tasted like cake!

In conclusion, a one year old cake that has been frozen is nothing!
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 9:20:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
We did, and had it for our 1 year anniversary, it didn''t taste so good. But it''s a fun tradition, and am glad we did it. I don''t know maybe it wasn''t wrapped properly.. No clue, this was 23 years ago. Memory fades, LOL!!!!
3.gif
Same here. I had to chuckle at this cause I was just thinking it probably wasn''t wrapped up very well or the Saran Wrap way back when was not as good as it is today. Truth is my wedding cake was not the one I ordered (although it was beautiful!) and it tasted terrible that day. A year later it was 100x worse! However, it is tradition and I too am glad we did it!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
We did! My inlaws kept it in their freezer until our one year anniversary. They took it out and had a bottle of champagne waiting for us...it was fun. The cake wasn''t very good, but we enjoyed the tradition anyway.

Lori

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 9:53:55 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

Date: 11/20/2009 9:20:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
We did, and had it for our 1 year anniversary, it didn''t taste so good. But it''s a fun tradition, and am glad we did it. I don''t know maybe it wasn''t wrapped properly.. No clue, this was 23 years ago. Memory fades, LOL!!!!
3.gif
Same here. I had to chuckle at this cause I was just thinking it probably wasn''t wrapped up very well or the Saran Wrap way back when was not as good as it is today. Truth is my wedding cake was not the one I ordered (although it was beautiful!) and it tasted terrible that day. A year later it was 100x worse! However, it is tradition and I too am glad we did it!
Oh that''s too bad. Yanno, I don''t even remember how my cake tasted on my wedding day, it was all a big blur. So a year later, could have been the same, LOL!!! I hear ya on the wrapping. I think it was more than Saran wrap, but again?? Memory doesn''t serve. I agree it''s a fun tradition and cakes today are probably preserved a heck of a lot better than back in our day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results