shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
DS just had second Moderna shot about 3 hours ago. Having GI symptoms. In his 30’s. Feeling ok other than that! Last family member to be fully vaccinated!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who are the 12 "Anti-vaxxer" ? innocentwhistle.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi - Curious if anyone has had or knows anyone who has had long term side effects or seizures from the vaccine?

I still have enlarged lymph node on my left clavicle from the 1 st Moderna in January. I’ve had lots of tests and they are inconclusive but it’s not going away.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
I still have enlarged lymph node on my left clavicle from the 1 st Moderna in January. I’ve had lots of tests and they are inconclusive but it’s not going away.

@AprilBaby really sorry to hear that - I hope they can figure it out soon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im not an anti-vaxxer, but I do selective vaccinations for myself and kids. I am choosing not to get vaccinated for Covid. We all draw from different beliefs and experiences.
Both of our daughters are adults so they can decide for themselves, but if they were still under 18 then we wouldn't have them vaccinated. If my parents were still alive then I'd advise them to get the vaccination.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I had no side effects other than a sore arm from either Pfizer vaccine dose. I had some fatigue and headaches from the 2nd dose, but both are pretty common for me so I don't know if it's normal for me or due to the vaccine. I would not include my experience in extrapolating how people respond though due to different medications I am on...

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I both got our first and second Moderna shots on the same day. Mid-50s and no underlying health conditions. After the first shot we both experienced a sore arm, mine probably more than his because it was still pretty painful the second day after the shot and finally started feeling better the third day after.

Yesterday we got our second shots at 1 pm. I decided to make sure I moved that arm around a lot in hope of avoiding the soreness. About every 15 minutes I would windmill that arm around 10-30 times. Made no difference because even within 3 hours of the shot I could tell the arm was going too be really sore. And my husband's is as sore as mine is this time. Could not sleep on that side last night because the arm hurt too much.

My husband started feeling feverish and achy around 11:30 pm (so 10+ hours after the shot). I started feeling feverish and achy around 2:30 am (so 13+ hours after the shot). It's now almost 24 hours after the shot and we both feel better, less achiness and no fever but both still have a headache. Fortunately no nausea or vomiting.

My son also got the Modern and was sick the day after but my daughter got the Pfizer and had no side effects from the second shot, not even a sore arm.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I will also say that my 81 year old mother got the J&J shot. She has significant short term memory issues. I called her the day after I took her to get the shot to see how she was doing. She had no memory of getting the shot as expected, but even more surprising was that she had no physical after-effects to even indicate to her that something had happened. Her arm wasn't even sore. When I told her she had gotten the shot she looked at her arm and saw the band-aid but had I not told her she never would have even known. I'm happy that her body handled it so well.

I got the AZ shot - had fever (even with regular acetaminophen consumption), intense body ache, sore arm (no mark or swelling however), and fatigue with random bouts of dizziness and nausea. Effects lasted me ~3 days but I went from feeling crappy to feeling a-OK between naps (no recovery/convalescence period). Amongst the people I spoke with, younger people consistently had worse side effects than older people; but nobody I know had major side effects.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
My parents and I had fever, body aches, generally feeling crappy that developed 20-22 hours after Pfizer (me) & Moderna (them) dose #2, which responded quite well to acetaminophen. My in-laws had no symptoms except sore arm after their dose 2 (Pfizer). Dear husband is going to get his second shot (Moderna) in 2 days, and given that The Man Flu is strong with him, I have advised him to take the day off following his 2nd dose.

Never been so glad to feel like crap for a few hours. ;-)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will also say that my 81 year old mother got the J&J shot. She has significant short term memory issues. I called her the day after I took her to get the shot to see how she was doing. She had no memory of getting the shot as expected, but even more surprising was that she had no physical after-effects to even indicate to her that something had happened. Her arm wasn't even sore. When I told her she had gotten the shot she looked at her arm and saw the band-aid but had I not told her she never would have even known. I'm happy that her body handled it so well.

My 87yo Granny had a similar experience.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH had received his 1 st BioNtech today..... I am so relieved. He didn't feel anything at all and had to wait 30 minutes because he has Asthma and severe allergies (which apparently made him eligible despite being under 55, the current age of eligibility in France).

Keeping fingers crossed!!!

I'm only one year younger, which puts me in the next age bracket though and but have no health issues whatsoever (which is great, don't get me wrong), so will have to wait until June....
I'm on all the official online lists to receive leftover doses on short notice...

So far ... crickets

Update: 8 days later and no side effects whatsoever if you ask him.
He did fall asleep at 9p.m. on the day he got it (about 2.5 hours earlier than usual).

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd dose of vaccine Wednesday. Shivering/chills that night hard time sleeping. Then just tired on. Next day. Felt great after that.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
22 year old DD super healthy, athletic, got her second pfizer yesterday and felt a little tired today but I guess well enough to go out with friends, lol

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
So, bizarrely, my injection site is reacting again 3 weeks post vaccine.
Everything had settled down, my skin inflammation at the site had gone away. Then, 2 days ago the area around the site went hot, bright red, and very inflamed again. I hope this settles down again soon
My doctor couldn't explain it but wasn't overly concerned.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
DS and I received shot 2 yesterday morning. We went on some errands after and came home around noon. I felt tired and 'took a nap' for SIX hours...stayed awake until 11 last night and just got up today at 12:45! So yeah, made me a little tired. I haven't slept through the night in forever.
My arm feels fine, but I could do a little more hibernation. :lol:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
1st: dizzy, headache
2nd: sore on every thinkable part of body even fingers. Was over within a day.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Spoke tooooo soon, now feeling the chills and aching. I have regressed to five years old and wear my blankey everywhere. My DH went and bought me a pie probably because he's afraid I might cry, or something. Whatever, have pie now. Will eat some pie and then sleep more.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my second dose of AZ on 14 May, and apart from a sore arm that lasted a bit longer than the first, all was well.

DK :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had chills and felt really achy with the second Moderna shot. We had the shots about 2:00 PM. I started feeling bad later that evening and all the next day. Woke up the following morning feeling fine.

My husband felt a little achy.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not me, but my mother did. She had the Astrazeneca shot and a few days later she was very dizzy and her vision was blacking out. She ended up spending two days in hospital being monitored for blood clots and was then discharged with further prescriptions. She's OK now but she's not sure she wants to get the second booster shot after her experience, it scared all of us really badly.

I am a bit surprised she went to get it as this was around the time a lady had died from blood clots after an AZ shot, and my mother runs high risk of blood clots.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not me, but my mother did. She had the Astrazeneca shot and a few days later she was very dizzy and her vision was blacking out. She ended up spending two days in hospital being monitored for blood clots and was then discharged with further prescriptions. She's OK now but she's not sure she wants to get the second booster shot after her experience, it scared all of us really badly.

I am a bit surprised she went to get it as this was around the time a lady had died from blood clots after an AZ shot, and my mother runs high risk of blood clots.

Oh wow, I'm sorry this happened to your mom and I'm glad she's ok!!!!
How stressful!

In Europe they now recommend the Pfizer as a second shot in these cases. Apparently this combo should be very effective.

I didn't share because I wasn't sure it's 100% related to the shot, but 2 hours after my first Pfizer dose on Thursday I started feeling very slightly dizzy and then I had problems with my vision as well. No blacking out or floaters, though. Just very blurred .
It went away after 2.5 hours and since that's not a sign for blood clots, my doctor friends all thought it ok to wait it out. It just went away and other than a sore arm, nothing else.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I can finally participate in this thread.

First shot Moderna:
DH and I felt a bit dopey and slightly high right after. Then we developed a sore arm for a few days. Not too sore, and not a problem at all.

Second shot Moderna:
DH had a sore arm, and slight fatigue later that evening. Not bad at all. Naturally.
(Men..... right?:rolleyes:)

My second shot was yesterday morning. I had a sore arm, and that was all 'till bedtime. Then the chills started. Last night I slept badly, tossing and turning, hot and cold all night.
Upon waking up this morning, I was soooo sick. I felt like I had a horrible hangover.
Headache and severe body aches. I napped several times today, took Motrin, Bayer and Tylenol, alternately. I cant shake the body aches and dull headache. It is 5:30 pm here, and I still feel like sh!t.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My nieces (13 and 15) got their second Pfizer 2 nights ago (Friday night) and yesterday (Saturday) they were feeling ill all day. Hopefully they are back to normal today.

Ok, so I can finally participate in this thread.

First shot Moderna:
DH and I felt a bit dopey and slightly high right after. Then we developed a sore arm for a few days. Not too sore, and not a problem at all.

Second shot Moderna:
DH had a sore arm, and slight fatigue later that evening. Not bad at all. Naturally.
(Men..... right?:rolleyes:)

My second shot was yesterday morning. I had a sore arm, and that was all 'till bedtime. Then the chills started. Last night I slept badly, tossing and turning, hot and cold all night.
Upon waking up this morning, I was soooo sick. I felt like I had a horrible hangover.
Headache and severe body aches. I napped several times today, took Motrin, Bayer and Tylenol, alternately. I cant shake the body aches and dull headache. It is 5:30 pm here, and I still feel like sh!t.

Hope you are feeling all better today @stracci2000. I think it is a good sign you had/are having a strong reaction. Your body is building an immune response to the virus and you are getting a strong protection.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My nieces (13 and 15) got their second Pfizer 2 nights ago (Friday night) and yesterday (Saturday) they were feeling ill all day. Hopefully they are back to normal today.

Hope you are feeling all better today @stracci2000. I think it is a good sign you had/are having a strong reaction. Your body is building an immune response to the virus and you are getting a strong protection.

Thanks Missy!
It is now the next day and I am back to normal. But yesterday was miserable!
Thanks for your concern. I hope your lovely nieces are doing OK too.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I also want to blame the Covid shot for my rings not fitting for the last two days!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here in Australia I got the Astrazenica or however it’s spelt.
Weird muscle soreness in my arm and hand, like the inside area all the way down to fingers. That night I had a really bad nights sleep, my hands, feet and cheeks were on fire. Weird, and a headache. I took 2 Panadol at 3am. Next day really tired, no surprise there!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had vaccine #2 yesterday (AZ then Pfizer). Was lightheaded all day (I didn't eat before my appt--very foolish) but today that lingers. Mild arm ache. So no cycling for me! My DH had both Pfizer doses with only mild fatigue as a complaint--upside was he slept uninterrupted all night!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results