shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for this information, Missy.

Guidance in the UK hasn't changed regarding the use of paracetamol, even though it acknowledges the CDC report from the US in the NHS data, as I've just checked. Whilst they have always been adamant over here on the avoidance of any NSAID products containing Ibruporofen, they are still advocating the use of paracetamol. A painful arm at the injection site that lasts for a couple of days is enough indication that you have reacted sufficiently to the vaccine.

Yes I agree with the protocol in both the USA and UK. No pain relievers before the vaccinations but afterwards if necessary Tylenol/Paracetamol is acceptable. I believe the recommendations are similar in that regard between countries.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd shot of moderna at 12:30, this one hurt much less than the first one! so I will report back in 12 hour timeframe..hopefully it goes as well as hubby's did

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well now that was a unpleasant night :x2 had shot at 12:30 pm, started getting a pretty good headache and exhaustion by around 5:30 pm, I was struggling with some disorientation as well had issues making dinner but managed, tried my nightly 3.5 mile walk didnt get thru it all, had to come home and rest. Started with a fever around 8:30 pm, it went up to 100.4 still very exhausted but it was weird, I was exhausted and hyper at the same time, I couldnt sleep, drifted in and out all night, woke up at 3:30 am completely drenched, I think my fever broke, its gone for now but I am still very tired, on the upside my headache is almost all gone and my arm doesnt hurt much this time! Still worth it to me for peace of mind!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Had my 2nd Pfizer at 10am, arm is more sour compared to last time and I got really tired by early afternoon and had to take a nap. Feeling a bit better now and hopefully that's the extent of it? My DH got his yesterday and I was fully expecting him to be in bed for 2 days (he's very dramatic) but he's also surprisingly ok.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband had his (Pfizer) and the 2nd shot knocked him on his ass. He's back to normal today but the last 2 days were pretty interesting: 6 hours after the shot, he got pretty nasty headache which he very seldom gets, felt very very tired, was going between super flushed to super pale. Decided to hang out in bed. When I checked on him he was sweating his ass off but asleep. Dogs stuck to him like glue into the next day. Next day he was def. not himself, quite pale, very tired. No sweating on the 2nd night, no flushing, no fever, he felt cool to the touch. Just sore arm and a tired feeling. Today he said he felt pretty fantastic.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few days after my second Moderna shot, I had a day or two of feeling slightly off - fatigued, slight flu-like symptoms. I didn’t initially associate it with the vaccine since the “malaise” didn’t show up until about three days post-shot, but who knows? I’m now about one week from being fully vaccinated, and I’m still very grateful that we have the option to get vaccinated.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
22 yr old DD just got her first Pfizer 6 hours ago. So far so good. Will update tomorrow if any changes.

can report my older sisters: 55 nothing after both Pfizer. 50 nothing after both Moderna. Same for their spouses. 52 sis is complaining of severe headaches her hubby nothing—both moderna. 60 and 52 bro and sis in law both Pfizer both felt like the flu hit them

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH got his second Pfizer yesterday afternoon. He's got the sore arm, feels tired today, and has a slightly elevated heart rate (52 from his normal mid 40's). That's it. I'm very happy he did not experience what I did with Moderna!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Husband got Pfizer. First dose a month ago - sore arm. Second dose - felt fine until about 24 hours after the dose. Then felt fatigued and achey, but not so poorly that he even wanted to take anything for them. Got his dose in the afternoon so went to bed when he was feeling poorly. Felt fine when he woke up which would have been about 40 hours after his dose.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderna Vaccine:

1st shot: minor sore arm & major exhaustion (slept a lot) mental fogginess, minor headache... lasted about 2 weeks (which affected my life).

2nd shot: minor sore arm; minor exhaustion, mental fogginess, headache for 2 days.

Note to old timers here: I do stop in and read the forum from time to time. But rarely post.

Perry

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I got the first AstraZeneca shot yesterday at 2:30 pm. By 6pm I had a headache and nausea started soon after. This morning I have been vomiting, nausea, and headache. Low grade fever.
I took the day off work and am hoping I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had my second jab 4 hours ago, I can’t even feel where the needle went in.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
24hrs post 2nd jab, about 10.30pm, I became aware of the injection site, still aware of it today, but it’s very minor, otherwise, no side effects at all.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
DH got Pfizer. First shot, just a sore arm. Second shot, he had headaches, nausea, fatigue, and fever for about 2 days. He's in his early 30s, so maybe he just has a really strong immune system?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
24 year old son got his 2nd shot of moderna yesterday at 12:15 pm, his only side effect yesterday was his arm tingled all the down to his hand, that happened with the first one as well but for the most part he was ok most of yesterday, today he has a sore arm, low grade temp, no energy, tingling is a little better...lets hope it doesnt last too long

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
So I'm on day 4 following my first shot of AstraZeneca.
I still have a fever on and off. I feel completely run down. I'm still nauseated. And I have an area about 4x4" around the injection site that is extremely inflamed and exquisitely tender.
I saw a doctor today because I thought something must be wrong for me to still be feeling so bad (I was beginning to wonder about cellulitis). He told me it is not uncommon to have symptoms such as this for up to a week after Astrazeneca.

I don’t regret the vaccine for a second but I sure wish my immune system would calm down about it.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My daughter got her 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday. She felt fine but yesterday she felt tired, had a headache and by evening she had a fever of 101.

My brother got his second dose last Friday and felt energized/sharpened senses, etc...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Finally got my first Moderna at 2:00pm today!
Will let you know how hard it slaps me.
My husband has had both Moderna and is at full vaccination. He had a really sore arm with the first and was slightly slower for a day with the second. He's mid and I'm early 40's.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a friend that had a unusual reaction to Pfizer his 1st dose...after he got it he felt sick for the better part of 2 weeks and then he got a partial blood clot in his leg I guess he knew something wasnt right with his leg and ended up going to ER and they said it was probably from the shot..he is now refusing to get the 2nd shot...my oldest son got his 2nd Pfizer shot and he has a fever and chills and tired for a couple of days...youngest son got 2nd shot of Moderna and ran a fever and felt very tired and bad headache for about 3 days...but we are all now done in my little family...as a FYI I got got to hug my mom for the first time today since January 2020!

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
Pfizer shot 1- just had a very sore arm

Pfizer shot 2(yesterday morning)- very sore arm, fatigue, and this morning slight headache and feeling a bit “delicate” for lack of a better word.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
DH got his second Pfizer yesterday afternoon. He's got the sore arm, feels tired today, and has a slightly elevated heart rate (52 from his normal mid 40's). That's it. I'm very happy he did not experience what I did with Moderna!

Off topic, but I just wanted to let you that the DBL site is showing up on my webroot antivirus as 'having content that may effect your online security'. It didn't used to show that, and I was hoping you'd pass this on to David.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi - Curious if anyone has had or knows anyone who has had long term side effects or seizures from the vaccine?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH had received his 1 st BioNtech today..... I am so relieved. He didn't feel anything at all and had to wait 30 minutes because he has Asthma and severe allergies (which apparently made him eligible despite being under 55, the current age of eligibility in France).

Keeping fingers crossed!!!

I'm only one year younger, which puts me in the next age bracket though and but have no health issues whatsoever (which is great, don't get me wrong), so will have to wait until June....
I'm on all the official online lists to receive leftover doses on short notice...

So far ... crickets

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Second dose of Pfizer yesterday. The first time I had an allergic reaction that onset about 4 hours later, where I had throat swelling, trouble swallowing and breathing was constricted, tongue swelling, numbness and tingling in my face.

Our health department told me to take the maximum dose of Benadryl 30 minutes before the shot, which I did, and then I took Benadryl after that second dose as well.

The Benadryl did the trick. I did have some breakthrough tingling and numbness, still had the eye twitching as before, and my throat still had some tightness and pain swallowing, but it was mild compared to last time.

Also got a fever yesterday, headache, and was very tired. Still quite tired today.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter had her 2nd Moderna dose yesterday. In the hours following the shot her arm became a bit sore, like the first shot, but today she had to call in sick. Not only was her arm much more sore this time, but she also ached all over. No fever. She napped much of the afternoon and has an appetite for supper.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Late 40s female. Had 2nd Pfizer on Friday at 9am. Tiny bit of soreness at injection site but only if I touched it. No other side effects and in fact I had a productive weekend of physical labor with inside and outside projects.

With first shot, I was quite tired the next day and just felt blah. I blamed it on allergies (I often feel run down and sick from them) but maybe it was the vaccine? I can’t say for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results