shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @missy. I see my question may not have been clear. I'm not questioning whether to get a vaccine. I'm definitely getting one. I'm wondering whether, as between J&J (local) and Moderna, (1.5 hour drive) one might be preferable over the other. I have lupus and Sjogren's.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @missy. I see my question may not have been clear. I'm not questioning whether to get a vaccine. I'm definitely getting one. I'm wondering whether, as between J&J (local) and Moderna, (1.5 hour drive) one might be preferable over the other. I have lupus and Sjogren's.

I would get whichever one I could get more quickly and easily. In your case I think I would choose J&J but I don’t have a scientific reason for choosing. Just one of logistics and ease. I don’t think there is enough info out yet as to which, if either, would be preferable.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok question, my almost 96 year old father in law got his 2nd shot of moderna on Thursday and just started vomiting last night...anyone experience this or think it might be the vaccine or something he ate?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

I would recommend the Moderna and MRNA technology. The J&J vaccine is a dead virus, but a virus nonetheless. Moderna has higher efficacy too.

If you can seek out a Pfizer shot, I would recommend that first due to more studies, some variant protection, and Pfizer has more experience with drug production as this is Moderna's first. Just my 2 cents.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
ok question, my almost 96 year old father in law got his 2nd shot of moderna on Thursday and just started vomiting last night...anyone experience this or think it might be the vaccine or something he ate?

You may want to reach out to your doctor just in case. I hope he feels better soon!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi, my opinion is that you should discuss the choice with your doctor. Doctor can also help you decide if you want to pre-medicate before the shot. I know some people with MCAS do that. Also, take someone with you, if you do get vaccinated in case you have side effects so you don’t have to drive. Good luck.

Last edited:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 brothers and their spouses got the first dose of Pfizer a few days ago and one experienced soreness for 2 days and nothing for the other 3. One of my brother's wife has lupus and her doctor recommended Pfizer since she had a choice.

A friend, her husband, her parents and uncle (all 3 in their 80s) had the 2nd Pfizer and no reactions. Their arms were sore after the first one.

My husband's grandfather (94) had a slight fever after the 1st dose of pfizer but he had covid in January.

My inlaws got AstraZeneca last week and no side effects.

My coworkers (about 30 total) all got the JJ shot last week and 1/3 had a slight fever and nothing for the rest. Many more got the Pfzier and I've only heard of maybe 2 people who had fevers for a day or so.

A dozen other cousins/ friends got the JJ/moderna and also no side effects.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input, @missy, @MRBXXXFVVS1 and @LightBright.

The option just arose over the weekend and I am going to call my rheumatologist tomorrow.

I thought that about the efficacy rate, too, but exploring that issue further reveals the three can't be directly compared on that factor because trials were conducted differently at different times. It looks like all

are good at preventing the most important parts which are severe illness and hospitalization, and J&J might be better at preventing the variants based on timing and location of the J&J trials. J&J is still conducting studies to see if second shot eight weeks after the first would be beneficial.

I think they would all be good short term and anticipate need for booster shot or annual shot like the flu, but what do I know, lol.

Interesting video.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

I didn't actually get sick, but I felt nauseous enough after the 2nd shot that I kept a bucket by the bed just in case.
I had the Moderna.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone I suspect it was something he ate...he is feeling a little better but he hasnt felt fantastic since he got the shot, he is feeling tired..hopefully he gets better soonish otherwise he will need to call his doctor at his age you cant second guess anything..on a different note my 94 year old mother in law also had her 2nd moderna shot and other than a sore arm she is fine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Probably something he ate but if he isn't feeling much better by tomorrow AM call his doctor. Hope he feels all better soon and glad they were able to get the vaccine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input, @missy, @MRBXXXFVVS1 and @LightBright.

The option just arose over the weekend and I am going to call my rheumatologist tomorrow.

I thought that about the efficacy rate, too, but exploring that issue further reveals the three can't be directly compared on that factor because trials were conducted differently at different times. It looks like all

are good at preventing the most important parts which are severe illness and hospitalization, and J&J might be better at preventing the variants based on timing and location of the J&J trials. J&J is still conducting studies to see if second shot eight weeks after the first would be beneficial.

I think they would all be good short term and anticipate need for booster shot or annual shot like the flu, but what do I know, lol.

Interesting video.

Exactly and they all have different strong points. See what your rheumatologist has to say. Honestly I think it is 6 of one and half dozen of the other as the saying goes. As long as you can get one of the vaccines you are ahead of the game. Good luck and let us know what he/she says.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My BIL had 2nd Pfizer--no problems at all. My Mom gets her second Pfizer on Tuesday, crossing fingers she will tolerate it well.

cheers--Sharon

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got my first shot (Pfizer) on Tuesday. No immediate side effects besides sore arm, but the next few days I was very tired and went to bed early. By Friday I was feeling back to normal, but yesterday I noticed a rash on my arm. Yay for strong immune responses!

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I are going for our first shot Wednesday. Moderna is what they’ll be giving. It seems like the moderna gives you more side effects and now I’m so scared! Thankful to be getting the vaccine, but very nervous :/

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Shot #2 with Pfizer about 10 hours ago and once again I feel like Spiderman. Super enhanced senses, and a little like someone injected me with cocaine. (never done it but I assume it feels like this. I'm going 100 miles a minute) My husband napped for 2 hours, then woke up and cleaned the house from top to bottom. Heart rate normal, temp normal, BP normal, no redness in arm. Just a little achy at the injection site. I mentioned it to my sister today, and she said she experienced something similar after shot #2, like she drank twice as much coffee as usual and really needed to CLEAN THE HOUSE. :lol: Husband and I are in our 40s. My sister is in her mid 30s.

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
If you guys had the option of modern a or phizer would you pick one over the other? Husband and I are in our 30’s, healthy enough though I have fibromyalgia. Worried about side effects from moderna seemingly being more severe.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
If you guys had the option of modern a or phizer would you pick one over the other? Husband and I are in our 30’s, healthy enough though I have fibromyalgia. Worried about side effects from moderna seemingly being more severe.

I think they should be similar, but my preference is for Pfizer because of more studies for variants and kids, potentially less side effects, and more manufacturing experience.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are getting our first Pzifer this Friday.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got second shot yesterday. I had minor tingling in my lips. Gracious nurse told me I might be hyperventilating if I'm nervous. I think she is right! I practiced some breathing exercises and was fine. Slept thru night woke up with legs that felt like bricks, then headache, then chills and now fever. Treating with tylenol and when it's uncomfy I remind myself I have a talkative immune system.

Hope this helps someone !

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I would pick Pfizer over Moderna. There is no scientific reason for my opinion. But I have heard of the remission (temporary or permanent we don’t know) of some autoimmune diseases with Pfizer but not Moderna. Good luck with your decision.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shot #2 with Pfizer about 10 hours ago and once again I feel like Spiderman. Super enhanced senses, and a little like someone injected me with cocaine. (never done it but I assume it feels like this. I'm going 100 miles a minute) My husband napped for 2 hours, then woke up and cleaned the house from top to bottom. Heart rate normal, temp normal, BP normal, no redness in arm. Just a little achy at the injection site. I mentioned it to my sister today, and she said she experienced something similar after shot #2, like she drank twice as much coffee as usual and really needed to CLEAN THE HOUSE. :lol: Husband and I are in our 40s. My sister is in her mid 30s.

@ForteKitty I wish I had that reaction! I need the energy to get stuff done around here!

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. I felt a little disoriented and spacey within a couple hours. Then nausea set in and continued for a number of hours. I would find myself sitting and staring off into space like "what?" :lol: The evening after I had a fever that persisted over one uncomfortable night. The fever peaked at 103 degrees after a second dose of ibuprofen the next morning and then broke. I've felt fatigued. My arm has been less sore around the injection site than I expected.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting my first shot this week. I'm really nervous about side effects because I'm very overweight. It's said that Covid is much worse in overweight people, so my fear is that the same applies for the vaccine side effects. I live alone and feeling sick when you're by yourself is scary. But I know it's worth it, so I'm making myself do it. I don't know what make I'm having. Will report back about the whole experience.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my Johnson & Johnson one shot yesterday. No side effects whatsoever besides a little soreness at the injection site.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Heightened senses disappeared by mid day today (was injected at 3pm yesterday), so it lasted less than last time, which was about 24 hours. Arm was only a bit sore last time, but even less so this time around. No other side effects at all and despite feeling wired, HR/Temp/BP (for both of us) were all normal since injection. I'm at about 31 hours post pfizer #2 so hopefully this is it. My husband had a headache all day today and sore neck/shoulder muscles, but I'm not convinced it's all due to the vaccine since he went on a cleaning rampage last night for hours and stayed up till 6am because he was too amped up to sleep. He was also hunched over his desk looking over his old sports collectible cards with a magnifier so I know that neck was bent for hours, and he normally gets tension headaches from bad desk posture.

@ForteKitty I wish I had that reaction! I need the energy to get stuff done around here!

I was up till 7am because I couldn't sleep! But I knew better than to overexert myself so I just sat around and drank a ton of water... which probably kept me up even later since I kept peeing. So bizzare, why isn't this happening to more people? @AdaBeta27 was the only other person who mentioned experiencing something similar.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got my second shot this morning! yay, I am done! I don't really have any side effects, except super tired in the afternoon, so I took a nap for two hours, and I am still tired now. But today I also managed to do 45 mins of yoga and light pilates, just so I don't break up my routine.

Today at the injection site, there were so many people. The nurse told me it was a light day already, she thinks that after 4/15 will be a lot worse.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I got “covid arm” 9 days after, it lasted a few days, wasn’t painful just very itchy and annoying. I got Pfizer but apparently it’s most common with moderna. And actually pretty rate but overall no reason not to get it!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My husband had his first shot of moderna on Monday. The place was so organized and well run. His arm was a little sore but then got more sore the next day, I think because he didn't move it at all since then. Hehehe

My 17 year old daughter got her first shot of Pfizer today. It was one of those mass vaccination sites. I didn't expect to wait in line. And didn't realize I was going to be in the sun waiting in line. Anyway, so far no reactions for her. Although while she was about to get the vaccine, someone fainted and had to be taken out in a stretcher. I don't know whether it was from the vaccine, the heat or the stress. I kept thinking what a shame if he waited all that time and didn't get his shot.

That's so strange. My brother had the Pfizer vaccine last week or so ago and also experienced a burst of energy and went home and organized his garage. I thought he was weird, but maybe it is a side effect.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I had major body aches the day after my 2nd Pfizer shot. They went away then came back a few days later. No fever.

Covid was like that for me when I was recovering. I'd feel better for a day or two then get sick again for a day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results