shape
carat
color
clarity

Did we do o.k.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gabrielle

Rough_Rock
Following is the GIA info on the diamond we recently purchased:

Round Brilliant
Measurements - 8.22-8.26 x 5.06 mm
Weight - 2.07 carat
Proportions
Depth 61.4%
Table 56%
Girdle - Thin to Med. faceted
Culet - None
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity - VS2
Color - I
Fluorescence - None

We paid 15,600. I think the stone is beautiful, but after having read the posts on color, I'm not sure we did the right thing. I planned to set it in Platinum with two tapered baguettes on either side. Perhaps I should have chosen the smaller diamond (1.75) with G color/SI1 (?) It may be an option to exchange.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/28/2002 10:57:53 PM

Following is the GIA info on the diamond we recently purchased:

Round Brilliant
Measurements - 8.22-8.26 x 5.06 mm
Weight - 2.07 carat
Proportions
Depth 61.4%
Table 56%
Girdle - Thin to Med. faceted
Culet - None
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity - VS2
Color - I
Fluorescence - None

We paid 15,600. I think the stone is beautiful, but after having read the posts on color, I'm not sure we did the right thing. I planned to set it in Platinum with two tapered baguettes on either side. Perhaps I should have chosen the smaller diamond (1.75) with G color/SI1 (?) It may be an option to exchange.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
----------------

The color you purchased can be very beautiful if it pleases you. Have you seen it outside in natural lighting? It may look a bit yellow from the side in platinum. The better the cut of the diamond, the more white it will "face up". If you are concerned, perhaps you will want to look at both stones, side by side, in temporary holders. Maybe the jeweler will have those in white and yellow so you can see what you like. Ask the jeweler to let you take the diamonds outside to look at them.

Good luck :)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
"I" color can be tricky. It is the last near colorless grade. Varibles such as fluorecence, cut and how close to H or J the stone is will effect what the stone faces up as. I purchased a well cut "I" color with Med Blue Fluor and it faces up at at least an H (my appraiser thought G). I plan on setting in platinum and see no yellow in a white setting. Sage advice was given by lawmax to see what the stone looks like in natural light in a white setting. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results