shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I pay too much at Robins Brothers?

Adventuringguy85

Rough_Rock
I made sure to add the diamond to my shopping cart before leaving, so I think it made it reserved. I took your advice and purchased the 1.062 ct H VS2 Premium Select Round Cut Loose Diamond and the 18k White Gold "Rounded Pave" Diamond Engagement Ring. They were able to help me out with a few minor discounts and the return process at RB was actually very, very, painless. The manager over there really made it a breeze for me! I am really excited, I should be receiving the diamond in about 10 business days(or sooner, they are going to try to expedite) if everything goes well. Thank all of you for your help!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fantastic!!! I am so glad you went with WhiteFlash! I have helped two family members buy stones there including my new son-in-law, and my diamond studs are from there! So I can tell you first hand that you will be getting a terrific stone and nice quality ring! In the long run, with diamond prices going crazy, you did the right thing to get a better diamond now!

Please come back and post pictures in our Show Me the Bling part of the forum!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Adventuringguy85|1303510572|2902885 said:
I made sure to add the diamond to my shopping cart before leaving, so I think it made it reserved. I took your advice and purchased the 1.062 ct H VS2 Premium Select Round Cut Loose Diamond and the 18k White Gold "Rounded Pave" Diamond Engagement Ring. They were able to help me out with a few minor discounts and the return process at RB was actually very, very, painless. The manager over there really made it a breeze for me! I am really excited, I should be receiving the diamond in about 10 business days(or sooner, they are going to try to expedite) if everything goes well. Thank all of you for your help!!

Adventuringguy85 ~ that is going to be one beautiful ring! See if WF can make the pave to 3/4 eternity (diamonds stop at 4 and 8 o'clock). I just love eternity rings :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303481214|2902586 said:
There would be no price good enough to make me buy an I1 good cut diamond for an engagement ring, if you want complete honesty. These kinds of stores make me sick. I would urge you to cancel the deal and start over. You might end up buying the setting from them, but please buy a better diamond than that for an engagement ring. We can help you find excellent cut and a decent color and clarity from a vendor that is reputable with competitive prices. I hope you will cancel while you can as that is just not a good diamond.

I totaly agree... return this I1 and start over here!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adventuringguy85|1303510572|2902885 said:

This is wonderful! I know you won't be disappointed and the WF diamond is going to blow you and your future Fiancee away! Please do come back with pictures once you get it!!

Adventuringguy85

Rough_Rock
I promise to post some pictures, it sounds like it will be 2 weeks before the ring arrives, I'm so excited!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I love it when a plan comes together....and when PSers can help someone not get ripped off. :appl:
Aguy, we'll be expecting photos in a few weeks.

Adventuringguy85

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303511934|2902904 said:
That is fantastic!!! I am so glad you went with WhiteFlash! I have helped two family members buy stones there including my new son-in-law, and my diamond studs are from there! So I can tell you first hand that you will be getting a terrific stone and nice quality ring! In the long run, with diamond prices going crazy, you did the right thing to get a better diamond now!

Please come back and post pictures in our Show Me the Bling part of the forum!

DIamondseeker, I just got word from whiteflash that the diamond I purchased is no longer available :confused: :confused:. They are showing me a different diamond that is more expensive, but I would like to be able to talk with you in private about it so that it does not get picked out from under me. Is there a way to private message or something on this forum?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there isn't a way to talk privately here. Will WF let you reserve the diamond and then you can link us to it? If not, maybe just post all the numbers a and the pictures and we can give you advice from that.

I would trust WF's alternative but how much more expensive are they talking?

Adventuringguy85

Rough_Rock
The new diamond is $1,000 more expensive, 1 grade higher for color, G as opposed to H, 1 grade lower for clarity, SI1 as opposed to VS2, and the cut is ideal as opposed to excellent. I'm really frustrated now because I feel like I was already pushed past my limit for my budget, and now I'm being asked to spend another $1k!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adventuringguy85 said:
The new diamond is $1,000 more expensive, 1 grade higher for color, G as opposed to H, 1 grade lower for clarity, SI1 as opposed to VS2, and the cut is ideal as opposed to excellent. I'm really frustrated now because I feel like I was already pushed past my limit for my budget, and now I'm being asked to spend another $1k!

Do you have a date set that you are expecting to do the proposal? I'm sorry that the other diamond sold but if this one is out of your already stretched budget I would explain that to WF and see if they have anything else coming down the tubes any time soon. I also would look at an I colored stone. An ideal cut one will face up white and is still considered in the "colorless" range (G, H, I and even J by some standards) and see if that helps you with your budget at all. See if they have any I colors and eye clean stones in the size range you are looking for. If not search the virtual inventory with your specs and budget, see what comes up, plug them into the H&A calculator and see if WF can bring the stone in. While the ACA is an amazing cut diamond there are many other hearts and arrow diamonds that aren't "branded" that sparkle like mad (that's also something to consider, they have H&A stones that aren't their AVA but are still amazingly cut stones that don't carry the premium that they may have in their own stock) and have it brought in. I hope you can get this sorted out soon! It must be hard to have already had one thing only to return it for something better to find out it's been sold :( Don't worry though, WF will take care of you and your fiance to be will be thrilled :D

Adventuringguy85

Rough_Rock
These guys are great, they explained that there was an issue with the site where previously sold rings were showing up as unsold. WH offered me this diamond instead and told me not to worry about the difference in price because it was their mistake, and this was the closest diamond to what I had selected, they "just wanted to make sure I was happy." I am impressed to say the least. Although I would have preferred a VS2, I was told this diamond is eye clean, and a step higher as part of their expert collection. I am very happy with this!

This is the new diamond. http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-358382.htm

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adventuringguy85|1303849862|2905590 said:

You unfortunately did not reserve the diamond you wanted, putting it in a shopping cart is not enough, it is not yours until you pay or reserve it verbally as far as I know. "Lurkers" very often stalk these threads and buy up diamonds that get recommended. The key to PS is to call and reserve a diamond with a vendor BEFORE you talk about it here on PS. Safest way to go.

If you are not ok to spend more, don't. Either move your proposal date and ask WF to call in another diamond for you, or try another vendor. I don't see anything in your price range in their present stock.

Here is one to consider, it is a great deal if eye clean, which it looks to be from the plot and from what I know of Brian's taste in SI2s:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049084006

Hard size to find:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104051075003

Here are some to consider. I think you can easily go to an I color since you were originally happy with the Robbins Bro. stone.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1353902.asp
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049084003

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adventuringguy85|1303854989|2905655 said:
These guys are great, they explained that there was an issue with the site where previously sold rings were showing up as unsold. WH offered me this diamond instead and told me not to worry about the difference in price because it was their mistake, and this was the closest diamond to what I had selected, they "just wanted to make sure I was happy." I am impressed to say the least. Although I would have preferred a VS2, I was told this diamond is eye clean, and a step higher as part of their expert collection. I am very happy with this!

This is the new diamond. http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-358382.htm

That sounds like a very good deal and good service on their part! The idealscope is not as perfect as some we see, but I have little doubt the diamond is a sparkler.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! Gosh, I hate it when that happens! It doesn't happen often, but it is frustrating when it does!

I like that they are offering you a stone at the same price, but I wish it wasn't a clarity grade lower just on principle. Let me look a minute and I will come back.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that seems to be the only realistic option to replace the other stone with. I did prefer the other stone, but this new one is still far superior to the one at RB, so I am sure it will be fine. You could go with another stone elsewhere, but then you may have to pay more to get that setting (it costs several hundred more at Brian Gavin, for example). The one thing I would have to know is if that stone is really eyeclean from the SIDES, because that setting is going to show the stone from the sides. If it is eyeclean from the top and sides, I think it will be fine.

Adventuringguy85

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your opinion, I was told it was clean from the sides as well as from above. I think my fiancee-to-be will love it. Thanks for all the help guys and gals! And I will be sure to post some pictures afterwards. I am planning on proposing in 2 weeks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic!!! Glad it is working out after all!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
It stinks but Im so glad whiteflash is doing right by you. Can't wait to see pics!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
weird, the link of the diamond you posted has the status of available? :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results