shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I make a mistake?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I purchased this diamond but now I’m worried because I read on this forum that a table size should be less than 57% but the diamond I bought has a table size of 58. It has a HCA score of 1.2 (ex,ex,ex,vg).

I thought it looked really nice in the video but now I’m not sure. Would appreciate anyone’s opinion on the diamond.

1.50 G VS2
7.34x7.40x4.50
Table 58
depth 61.1
Crown 34.1
Pavilion 40.9

video:
[/URL]

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
For some reasons the video link isn’t working. These are some pics..
746FB7DB-FC42-4E6E-88A1-FF98A08457AE.png E3894899-9797-4B1A-BB09-F9E76775FA12.png 0C8BEB74-94CD-4E92-B61C-165D80E598C9.png F6A3CC32-373B-4C5C-BC6F-A91465C0A058.png

Attachments

• 05AEE2EC-CCFF-4503-8A79-75B86BAFFB19.png
    05AEE2EC-CCFF-4503-8A79-75B86BAFFB19.png
    388.3 KB · Views: 34

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I’m chasing perfect though, not just fine. I can easily cancel the order.
Should I should keep looking and find a diamond with a smaller table?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m chasing perfect though, not just fine. I can easily cancel the order.
Should I should keep looking and find a diamond with a smaller table?

Closer to perfect is super ideal cut diamonds from Whiteflash, Crafted by Infinity and Brian Gavin. This stone looks nice but if you want the cream of the crop in terms of light performance, take a look at some of those vendors.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Closer to perfect is super ideal cut diamonds from Whiteflash, Crafted by Infinity and Brian Gavin. This stone looks nice but if you want the cream of the crop in terms of light performance, take a look at some of those vendors.

I believe this is a lab stone, meaning that super ideals are not an option.

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I am not concerned about the table. 58 should be safe and the angles /images look good.

Thanks for that. Do you think it’s eye clean?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I have found another one that has a HCA of 1.1 and a smaller table (56.5) and is $1000 cheaper because it’s a H. The only thing that concerns me is the photos of the new diamond doesn’t have as much colour/fire to it. Is it possible to judge a diamond from the photos or are the colours in the diamond variable depending on what lighting was used etc when the photos were taken? These are the two diamonds..

AC461018-397D-4030-AC35-448731B90DC9.png DF3AC16B-3A02-4B07-AE47-0A5A0D2BBD2F.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found another one that has a HCA of 1.1 and a smaller table (56.5) and is $1000 cheaper because it’s a H. The only thing that concerns me is the photos of the new diamond doesn’t have as much colour/fire to it. Is it possible to judge a diamond from the photos or are the colours in the diamond variable depending on what lighting was used etc when the photos were taken? These are the two diamonds..

AC461018-397D-4030-AC35-448731B90DC9.png DF3AC16B-3A02-4B07-AE47-0A5A0D2BBD2F.png

What are the other angles, depth, etc?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
What are the other angles, depth, etc?

1.55ct H VS2
7.43 x 7.47 x 4.58
Table 56.5
Depth 61.4
Crown 34.5
Pavilion 40.8
HCA 1.1 ex ex ex vg

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone please help with which diamond you think will perform best?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread needs to be moved to the lab-stones Forum.

I like the numbers on the new stone better but they both look good IMO. If you want perfect you need to find a
vendor that can provide idealscope (or aset image) and H and A images. Those will show whats really going on.

Table of 58 is fine though.

Rhino at Distinctive Gems will probably be able to provide those images for you (if you want perfect).

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
This thread needs to be moved to the lab-stones Forum.

I like the numbers on the new stone better but they both look good IMO. If you want perfect you need to find a
vendor that can provide idealscope (or aset image) and H and A images. Those will show whats really going on.

Table of 58 is fine though.

Rhino at Distinctive Gems will probably be able to provide those images for you (if you want perfect).

Thanks for the info! Do you think the photo of the new diamond doesn’t look as bright and firey as the first one? Or is it just a matter of different lighting when the photo was taken?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless two stones are photographed side-by-side, it is difficult to know whether it is lighting or cut making any differences.

Both options already listed have angles that work well on the HCA tool so should perform well.

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
T
Unless two stones are photographed side-by-side, it is difficult to know whether it is lighting or cut making any differences.

Both options already listed have angles that work well on the HCA tool so should perform well.

thank you

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@Eeveepenny This is another example of threads I was referencing; it was originally posted in RT but was moved. The SMTB thread I referenced was removed for violating the forum rules rather than relocated. Hope this helps clear things up!

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
@Eeveepenny This is another example of threads I was referencing; it was originally posted in RT but was moved. The SMTB thread I referenced was removed for violating the forum rules rather than relocated. Hope this helps clear things up!

Lifesaver!! I’m glad you had time to do all that for me.
I joined on the 11th of June and posted this thread on the 17th June so I had no idea as I was still getting used to it all.

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Lifesaver!! I’m glad you had time to do all that for me.
I joined on the 11th of June and posted this thread on the 17th June so I had no idea as I was still getting used to it all.

Glad I could help you! It takes no time at all; just one click to see a user’s post history. Best to check for yourself next time you’re foggy on facts before asserting that another user is lying. All the best!

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Glad I could help you! It takes no time at all; just one click to see a user’s post history. Best to check for yourself next time you’re foggy on facts before asserting that another user is lying. All the best!

As you stated:
“Throughout your journey purchasing a lab diamond and after, you largely avoided this forum and repeatedly posted in RT and SMTB purposefully obscuring the fact that your diamond was MMD and presenting it as mined”

Thisis not true, hence why I replied saying that that wasn’t true. I haven’t avoided lab grown diamonds forum and you would know that since you spent the last hour going through all my posts! You stated that I purposely obscured the fact that my diamond was a MMD. That is also not true, how can you state I purposely did anything? You don’t know my thoughts or intentions. I certainly didn’t call you a liar.
Please check your facts before accusing people of things. I have nothing further to say to you, I find it weird and creepy that you have gone through all my posts and you are bombarding me with this. It’s borderline bulllying now. Please stop. All the threads have been moved to lab grown diamonds. Enough is enough.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beginners mistake. Don’t sweat it. Your diamond is gorgeous. enjoy it to the fullest!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results