shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I get cheated by one of the site sponsors?

joelj

Rough_Rock
Wow thanks for all the sleuthing. That's really odd. The one page summary printed for me yesterday said SI2. I'll get the PDF when back to a computer.

So the big mystery if GIA graded it SI1 why not advertise that?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
joelj|1474834930|4080648 said:
Wow thanks for all the sleuthing. That's really odd. The one page summary printed for me yesterday said SI2. I'll get the PDF when back to a computer.

So the big mystery if GIA graded it SI1 why not advertise that?

Probably because, for most of the vendors here, their top tier stones sell with AGS performance reports. In the world of pricescope rounds, the AGS report is more valuable.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no need to advertise it as GIA I SI1 when it is already AGS I SI1, or vice versa. Of course, it could have been advertised as a dual graded stone. But there is no real need. This keeps the listing page format simple and straightforward. This is true when you have to manage tens or even hundreds of thousands of diamond listing pages.

It is good to hear that the pdf report shows it is SI1. I would still ask for the GIA report. You paid for this service. All fees and shipping associated GIA grading (not cheap) is a operating cost, which is baked into the price you paid. It is additional valuable quality grading report. You should get it, especially when the inscription is still there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results