shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I get a good price on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamie_c

Rough_Rock
I just put down a deposit on this diamond today:

Round 0.98c G SI1 AGS0 Ideal
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 56.0%
Crown Angle: 35.2 deg
Pavilion Angle: 40.8 deg
(which is HCA score of 1.7)
6.37 x 6.45 x 3.98
No fluorescence
GIA cert.

$4712.00

My deposit is refundable. It looks great to me. I looked at it under fluorescent lighting inside, and also outside in the sun. With the ideal cut, the G color looked more like E to me. I'm really happy with the diamond and think it's a good price after shopping around, but I just want to be sure I'm not paying too much.

Do I complete the purchase? Thanks for any input.
:confused:

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hi

you can do a search on pricescope to compare. it seems within range if not a tad high. Does this include the setting? Is this the final price all said and done? Is this from a hometown jeweler that you can develop a relationship over the years?

jamie_c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback.

The price includes a basic setting. I'm going to present the ring and let her pick out a different setting she really likes. It is a local jeweler. I did a price check and this diamond fell toward the upper end of the range I got back, but like I said, the HCA rating was excellent and it's AGS 0, so my thought was I am getting a good price for it. You can't check the quality of the cut regarding HCA w/o the crown and pavilion angles, which don't show up in the listings.

It would be nice to talk him down some more, but I don't know if he'll do that (he originally offered $5075, then went down to $4884, then to $4712.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/7/2002 10:04:32 AM

The price includes a basic setting. I'm going to present the ring and let her pick out a different setting she really likes. It is a local jeweler. I did a price check and this diamond fell toward the upper end of the range to $4712.
----------------

Yes, it was toward the higher end; but, if you have piece of mind buying it local and viewing the stone then I would pay a premium for it. Also, it is nice to have someone who you can develop a relationship with. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results