shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I get a good deal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrieanneN

Rough_Rock

Hi guys,

So here''s my quick story. FH proposed with family airloom, we met with "diamond broker" friend today to pick out my permanent ring. She picks 3 different diamonds, all different, all in our price range. She tells us she''s giving us an AWESOME deal, barely charging over the cost etc. etc. etc. but when I look it up online, I seem to find diamonds in the same range as what we saw . Here''s what we chose.

Round cut solitare

.91 carat, ideal cut, I color, VS2

Thin White Gold band with 4 prong setting.

She''s charging us $3575 for the diamond, $100-300 (we''ll find out when we pick it up) for the setting/labor, and $40 for an appraisal. She''s using my FH parent''s address for the sale so we don''t have to pay sales tax.

Do you guys think that sounds like a good deal? Are we really getting an AWESOME deal? Any info. helps. Thanks!

joycer

Rough_Rock
Assuming you have a proper AGS or GIA lab certificate, that sounds on par with the prices available on pricescope. So if you''re happy with the look of your diamond then I''d say you did pretty well for purchasing the diamond face to face rather than online.

-joycer

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2005 3:33
6.gif
4 AM
Author:BrieanneN

Hi guys,

So here''s my quick story. FH proposed with family airloom, we met with ''diamond broker'' friend today to pick out my permanent ring. She picks 3 different diamonds, all different, all in our price range. She tells us she''s giving us an AWESOME deal, barely charging over the cost etc. etc. etc. but when I look it up online, I seem to find diamonds in the same range as what we saw . Here''s what we chose.

Round cut solitare

.91 carat, ideal cut, I color, VS2

Thin White Gold band with 4 prong setting.

She''s charging us $3575 for the diamond, $100-300 (we''ll find out when we pick it up) for the setting/labor, and $40 for an appraisal. She''s using my FH parent''s address for the sale so we don''t have to pay sales tax.

Do you guys think that sounds like a good deal? Are we really getting an AWESOME deal? Any info. helps. Thanks!

you need to post more information on the stones.are these certified stones? ask your vendor for a sarin report.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Brienne,

I think we're seeing what you're seeing. Although pricing here is similar to what you've been offered, the margins these vendors get is quite small, so your friend is not significantly misrepresenting the case.

Then again, as my other friends here have shared, make sure you're also not shortchanging yourself. Make sure the option you're getting is certed, and though it can be an ideal cut diamond for this price, make sure it is. Options like this one are available also in your price range, if you can't yourself confirm the goodness of the option you're being offered.

BrieanneN

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. you guys. I do know that we have certs. for the diamond, just not with us. When we pick up the ring, I assume she''ll give it to us then. When I get it, I''ll be sure to pass along all the information and hopefully you guys can help.

Thanks Again! :)

Brie

Jimbo34

Rough_Rock
Sent you an email.Check it out

Jimbo34

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results