shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone see bridewars and how many carats was kates ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I know it was a cushion, but I still have no clue how many carats, and its driving me crazy. If anyone knows please tell me. the movie was cute and just a reminder that hey im a bride to be too and only have 3 months till than.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hello. It is the Tiffany Novo ring and it looks like it is over 5 carats on the pictures. If so, it would cost over $400,000.00 in real life.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I knew it had to be at least five or over ! it was amazing lol

Anyone have pictures of this? A friend of mine didn''t like the movie (I haven''t see it yet) but she is also relationship jilted right now..
20.gif
So maybe I WILL see it. I heard that Annes ring was tiny? or "tiny"..?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 12:50:21 PM
Author: swedish bean
Anyone have pictures of this? A friend of mine didn''t like the movie (I haven''t see it yet) but she is also relationship jilted right now..
20.gif
So maybe I WILL see it. I heard that Annes ring was tiny? or ''tiny''..?
I think anyone who''s into the wedding stuff will love it!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif
Yeah, I think it was less than a carat.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
20.gif
OH man, I refuse to see it, and I''m NOT relationship jilted (? I think I know what you mean by this). It just looks so dumb. I''ve gone through years of cleaning out toxic friends and this type of dumb dumb dumb bridezilla movie threatens to remind me of those people
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does look really dumb. I mean why can''t one just change the date?!? Being a bride does not entitle you to believe the WORLD revolves around you. Surprisingly though it did get good reviews...

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
oh! I can''t wait to see it! I love kate hudson and like Anne Hathaway too. looks like mindless fun.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 3:20:14 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It does look really dumb. I mean why can''t one just change the date?!? Being a bride does not entitle you to believe the WORLD revolves around you. Surprisingly though it did get good reviews...
+1

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the movie and loved it. Yes it was dumb, and the premise was ridiculous, but it was good girly fun none the less. Just another cheezy girly romantic comedy.

I would say her ring was 4/5 carats as well. Ann's was .9 or something ("just under a carat"). Both rings were beautiful! Although, it was really annoying how Kate's ring was always tilted towards the side cause of how top heavy the diamond was. It was driving me nuts.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I want to go see this movie. It sounds cheesy but I like cheesy chick flick movies.

I was watching Racheal Ray the other day with Kate Hudson being a guest promoting the movie. Kate was telling a story of one of the scenes when she and Anne Hathaway were struggling at the alter and Kate decked Anne on the cheek with the massive ring. She did mention in was "costume" piece.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 4:21:23 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
I saw the movie and loved it. Yes it was dumb, and the premise was ridiculous, but it was good girly fun none the less. Just another cheezy girly romantic comedy.

I would say her ring was 4/5 carats as well. Ann's was .9 or something ('just under a carat'). Both rings were beautiful! Although, it was really annoying how Kate's ring was always tilted towards the side cause of how top heavy the diamond was. It was driving me nuts.
I saw that in the commercials! It was bugging me from just that.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I think it looks cute. But, I'm a sucker for those kinds of movies. So sue me. I'll admit the truth to everything. 'Your wedding better WATCH it'
9.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
according to Tiffany''s website...her ring was a 5-carat cushion set in the Tiffany Novo setting, costing $388,000. Holy Majoly!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder why Anne got a smaller e-ring?!?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It''s the femme version of Animal House for brides
20.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 5:13:11 PM
Not as wealthy?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 5:13:11 PM
In the movie Kate is a successful lawyer and her FI is rich too. Ann plays a teacher and I have no idea what her FI does but they live in a more smaller apartment.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 3:46:00 PM
Author: Steel

+1

+2!!!

Maybe I need to get a sense of humor, but movies like this are embarrassing to modern women! They just perpetuate the idea that women are shallow and silly! I mean, honestly, the theme is ridiculous! Of course (not having seen the movie), there''s probably some "lesson" at the end just to give it some redeeming value where we all learn about what''s really important in life, and it''s not about the wedding it''s about the *marriage*, blah blah blah, just to make it marketable, but STILL!

JR320

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 8:13:13 PM
Author: GossamerAngel

+1

+2!!!

Maybe I need to get a sense of humor, but movies like this are embarrassing to modern women! They just perpetuate the idea that women are shallow and silly! I mean, honestly, the theme is ridiculous! Of course (not having seen the movie), there''s probably some ''lesson'' at the end just to give it some redeeming value where we all learn about what''s really important in life, and it''s not about the wedding it''s about the *marriage*, blah blah blah, just to make it marketable, but STILL!

I think that''s why it''s funny though. Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous. but its almost slapstick. It takes some common female perspective and really, really exaggerates them. I was entertained and it made me laugh. It''s not supposed to be serious or thought provoking, just for fun.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 8:51:44 PM
Author: JR320

+1

+2!!!

Maybe I need to get a sense of humor, but movies like this are embarrassing to modern women! They just perpetuate the idea that women are shallow and silly! I mean, honestly, the theme is ridiculous! Of course (not having seen the movie), there''s probably some ''lesson'' at the end just to give it some redeeming value where we all learn about what''s really important in life, and it''s not about the wedding it''s about the *marriage*, blah blah blah, just to make it marketable, but STILL!

I think that''s why it''s funny though. Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous. but its almost slapstick. It takes some common female perspective and really, really exaggerates them. I was entertained and it made me laugh. It''s not supposed to be serious or thought provoking, just for fun.

You know, I don''t know that I''d think that was fun. I think that doing something like that can ultimately do more damage to how the world views women than it appears to. If we buy into the Bridezilla, weddings-make-women-crazy hype, we''re (in a way) admitting that a woman isn''t naturally rational. Not something I feel like seeing. Same with "Made of Honour" or whatever it was called. The female version (My Best Friend''s Wedding) the woman had to be the person that focused on keeping the marital bond functional (she ultimately rejected her own desires in the face of a pending marital union), but in the male version he gets the girl (because he''s so charming?) and doesn''t have to focus on anything but what he wants.

Sorry. Maybe I''m a funsucker about stuff like this, but I don''t like this idea.

I *do* like the idea of seeing this bling, though. Pictures, anybody? This *is* PS, after all!

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
I havent seen the movie but would like to. I like both actresses and as someone who has worked as a bridal consultant for several years I think I will totally see the humor in this movie! Like I said I havent seen it and I am sure that they will take things to the extreme but let me tell you first hand- women do get crazy when it comes to weddings!!! I dont know how many women I have worked with and they were absolutely wonderful only to become serious pains/bridezillas the closer it gets to the wedding!!
I dont think that most brides think the world revolves around them, it''s more the tremendous pressure they are under to plan and pull off this "perfect, once in a life time" event. It can be consuming and crushing! It annoys me to no end when people say how everything has to be perfect when it comes to weddings! Come on people! This is like anything else in life and if you dont roll with the punches and have a good time no matter what, yup your day isnt going to be so happy. Just another case of marketing and media influencing womens sense of reality. We should all be 5''10", weigh 100lbs, oh and absolutely nothing can go wrong on my perfect wedding day! HA!

JCarla

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I did a simple google search on the movie and I came across this website. It states that "Movies Blog, however, was on a mission, and we made our way directly to the display counter featuring the Tiffany Novo engagement ring – the one sported so fetchingly by Kate Hudson in the movie. If a rock like this is every girl’s dream (one of the picture’s unspoken assumptions), then men everywhere are in trouble. The ring’s centerpiece is a diamond the size of a plump pea – more than five carats. That being insufficiently fabulous, apparently, this showpiece stone is shored up on each side by eight more diamonds – smaller, but similarly unshabby. How much could a thing like this cost? Guess. No, guess again. Okay – it costs $388,000. Steady, dude. Here, have a blue martini. It’s free."

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/010609_bridewars2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/06/kate-hudson-and-anne-hathaway-present-bride-wars-sticker-shock-by-kurt-loder/&usg=__x3iMyivBsUris1lpd5vTLd-aako=&h=395&w=450&sz=43&hl=en&start=38&um=1&tbnid=z2oaDIaJLLN-TM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbride%2Bwars%26start%3D36%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*%26sa%3DN

It

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

+1
Agreed.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 2:19:47 AM
Author: kittybean

+1
Agreed.
I really think you need to see the movie and why it''s so important that they not change the date. The movie is not the "shallow" one from the previiews. I actually think the previews are very misleading.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see it, but I love silly romantic comedies. Many of my friends who have seen it all said it was surprisingly good. I''ll end up waiting for it to come out on DVD though.

BoomersGirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 9:33:26 PM
Author: princesss

+1

+2!!!

You know, I don''t know that I''d think that was fun. I think that doing something like that can ultimately do more damage to how the world views women than it appears to. If we buy into the Bridezilla, weddings-make-women-crazy hype, we''re (in a way) admitting that a woman isn''t naturally rational. Not something I feel like seeing. Same with ''Made of Honour'' or whatever it was called. The female version (My Best Friend''s Wedding) the woman had to be the person that focused on keeping the marital bond functional (she ultimately rejected her own desires in the face of a pending marital union), but in the male version he gets the girl (because he''s so charming?) and doesn''t have to focus on anything but what he wants.

Sorry. Maybe I''m a funsucker about stuff like this, but I don''t like this idea.

I *do* like the idea of seeing this bling, though. Pictures, anybody? This *is* PS, after all!

i saw it, and thought it was a cute movie. i think it was more about the relationship between the two best friends than the wedding. the wedding was what caused the characters to develop and figure out who they really are.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 2:51:50 PM
Author: BoomersGirl
Date: 1/12/2009 9:33:26 PM

Author: princesss

It does look really dumb. I mean why can't one just change the date?!? Being a bride does not entitle you to believe the WORLD revolves around you. Surprisingly though it did get good reviews...

+1

+2!!!

Maybe I need to get a sense of humor, but movies like this are embarrassing to modern women! They just perpetuate the idea that women are shallow and silly! I mean, honestly, the theme is ridiculous! Of course (not having seen the movie), there's probably some 'lesson' at the end just to give it some redeeming value where we all learn about what's really important in life, and it's not about the wedding it's about the *marriage*, blah blah blah, just to make it marketable, but STILL!

I think that's why it's funny though. Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous. but its almost slapstick. It takes some common female perspective and really, really exaggerates them. I was entertained and it made me laugh. It's not supposed to be serious or thought provoking, just for fun.

You know, I don't know that I'd think that was fun. I think that doing something like that can ultimately do more damage to how the world views women than it appears to. If we buy into the Bridezilla, weddings-make-women-crazy hype, we're (in a way) admitting that a woman isn't naturally rational. Not something I feel like seeing. Same with 'Made of Honour' or whatever it was called. The female version (My Best Friend's Wedding) the woman had to be the person that focused on keeping the marital bond functional (she ultimately rejected her own desires in the face of a pending marital union), but in the male version he gets the girl (because he's so charming?) and doesn't have to focus on anything but what he wants.

Sorry. Maybe I'm a funsucker about stuff like this, but I don't like this idea.

i saw it, and thought it was a cute movie. i think it was more about the relationship between the two best friends than the wedding. the wedding was what caused the characters to develop and figure out who they really are.
I agree.

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Kate's fiance worked at a hedgefund. $388K was probably just his bonus last year before the market tanked.
22.gif

Anne's fiance was an accountant - remember Kate's brother goes over to their apartment to get his taxes done?

As a LIW, I enjoyed this movie and I especially liked the non-raunchy humor in it because I was able to safely take my mom to this movie and not feel embarrased! She found it funny as well, and we could both relate to the girls becoming bridezillas because we know so many who have become like that prior to their weddings.

Women are irrational creatures. Maybe some of us are rational and able to keep our cool at all times, but there is a reason that the term "bridezilla" exists yet there is no equivalent "groomzilla" term in our pop culture. I don't think this movie was perpetuating any stereotypes, it was just a funny girl movie for some good comedic relief.

I have to add that this movie was one giant Tiffany's ad, even more than that Sex and the City episode where Charlotte gets engaged the first time.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen the movie, but I like the idea that Anne''s ring was reasonable, rather than extravagant. I think that a reality check in this day in age is important.

That being said, I''d rather have a hysterectomy than see the movie. NOT into chick flicks.
30.gif
war and football movies though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results