shape
carat
color
clarity

did a stranger ever ask you...how big is that diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 5:26:33 PM
Author: Mara
i get the 'someone must really love you' thing too... i love how people think that the size of your stone correlates with how much love someone has. and since it obviously happens all over the place, that's SO SAD.
In my experience, it's usually the young gals (20 ish) that say that.
The older women usually just say "what a beautiful ring", and leave it at that!!
Those that know me have said "you're so spoiled, look at the size of that thing" I respond with " No..just well taken care of
2.gif
"

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I went to dinner on Saturday and the lady that was sitting in the booth next to us stared at my ring for the longest time and finally said to me ( when my husband left to use the restroom ): " Gosh, your ring is amazing, it sparkles like crazy!" i said "Thank you so much, that is really kind of you to say". She then said " your husband is a cutie..." " yes,.... Yes he is"

Awwwwwwww lol

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 8:51:12 AM
Author: Amethyste
I went to dinner on Saturday and the lady that was sitting in the booth next to us stared at my ring for the longest time and finally said to me ( when my husband left to use the restroom ): ' Gosh, your ring is amazing, it sparkles like crazy!' i said 'Thank you so much, that is really kind of you to say'. She then said ' your husband is a cutie...' ' yes,.... Yes he is'

Awwwwwwww lol
Is this the GORGEOUSLY YUMMY YELLOW 5ct HONKER? Can't stay I blame her!
2.gif

I'd stare too, LOL, though I'd try to be discreet. I usually try to be discreet when I stare at other people's bling, or at least I think I am!
2.gif

Funny no-one has ever said that about my husband! He's the one that notices other people staring at me. Most of the time, it *is* because of my bling, but other times it seems not. Just last Saturday, he commented on how people were staring again and said I should not show off my bling too much. I then turned round and looked at him directly and said "but my hair is covering my diamond earrings, must be my natural beauty then!!
11.gif
". Seriously though, because we're a mixed couple, and although there are plenty of those in Shanghai, we get stared at plenty. I guess my bling doesn't help either, LOL.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 7:01:52 AM
Author: Phoenix
He he, I wonder why no stranger has ever asked me?! All they do is stare!
1.gif

Hey DF, I''ve met some more women in SH with BIG bling, a woman with a RB about 4ct, another one with a fancy yellow cushion/ radiant diamond of about 3ct and yet another one with a RB stone of abt 2ct. The latter was also wearing studs and diamond bracelets. This was only on a casual dinner out.

(Ok, I kind of cheated, DF, these women have lived overseas
2.gif
and they''re also at the top of their profession and/ or have loads of money - one was the MD of a large MNC, another was a qualified architect who also owns several properties in Shanghai and the other two are rich tai-tais. I was the only one with more modest means
4.gif
- really, I swear!).
that would of been my guess. the avg person in SH makes what,about 4000 RMB = $600 USD per month?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results