shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMONDTALK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 9/12/2003 12:29:57 AM derekinla wrote:

Can one really be a dedicated DT'er and PS'er at the same time and still be true to him or herself?

15.gif

----------------
Of course one can. Do you shop exclusively at one gas station? Do you patronize more than one theater? Do you visit more than one public park? Do museum patrons donate to only one museum, or more than one? Can people parent more than one child?

Dedication or loyalty doesn't require exclusivity. If you can make meaningful contributions to both forums, there is no reason not to. Up to this point, I do cannot recall ANY internet venue whose terms of use require a potential member to forsake all similar/competing venues. And if they did.....I'd decline membership.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/12/2003 8:15
6.gif
1 AM fire&ice wrote:

Actually, some people were banned for posting unkind things about DT on other diamond forums. I don't know if they are still doing that.
----------------

So if you're a DT/PS'er, and you're talking "smack" about DT on PS, does that mean the DT folks might give you the boot? Does that imply that DT administrators regularly patrol these message boards as well looking for DT/PS'ers who are saying unkind words about DT (and it's vendors)? What is this world coming to?!#$*%>!@#?
6.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/12/2003 1:38:31 PM derekinla wrote:

----------------
On 9/12/2003 8:15
6.gif
1 AM fire&ice wrote:

----------------

So if you're a DT/PS'er, and you're talking "smack" about DT on PS, does that mean the DT folks might give you the boot? Does that imply that DT administrators regularly patrol these message boards as well looking for DT/PS'ers who are saying unkind words about DT (and it's vendors)? What is this world coming to?!#$*%>!@#?
6.gif

----------------

Yes, I do not know if they will do it now. DT has done it in the past. When the first mass banning occured in January, many people sympathetic to the banned were tossed out when they posted such on DCC. A poster named Deap started a thread on DCC - can't remember what it was about - somewhat benign - she was swept out the next day.

When the second large banning occured in March, many experts who post here express dissatisfaction w/ the arbitrary banning of certain vendors on DT, they were - poof - gone from DT as well. None were DT sponsers.

There is a history.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Some of us were banned just because we got too big for our britches.
1.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
It appears as if the powers that be at DT do not appreciate anyone questioning them about their moderation/running of the site. Instead, in the past, they have chosen to ban members and then humiliate them publicly so they can no longer defend themselves. They then allow the masses at DT to discuss what happened and only come to the conclusions that those who were banned *deserved it because no one at DT would ban anyone who did not deserve to be banned." Then the masses tow the *party line* and then keep trashing people's reputations. All being done without the injured party being able to add anything, particularly being able to add THE TRUTH.

If I were a sponsor of DT and watched as my current and/or potential customers got banned one by one, I would have pulled my advertising dollars. But that is just me, I feel that my most important legacy is the honor and and integrity of my life. There is no pricetag on that. I suppose it is a good thing I don't run a business. I would probably be very unsuccessful.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Along the subject of being banned or humiliated.... Was Fred Crueller ever a member of DT, PS, or DCC? His reputation seems to be the "red headed step child" of diamond discussion groups and yet he never seems to step in to defend himself?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/12/2003 6:25:38 PM derekinla wrote:

Along the subject of being banned or humiliated.... Was Fred Crueller ever a member of DT, PS, or DCC? His reputation seems to be the "red headed step child" of diamond discussion groups and yet he never seems to step in to defend himself?

----------------
That may be because most of his behavior is indefensible.
9.gif
3.gif
11.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Indefensible??

To a lawyer I didn't think there was any such thing.

tongue.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/12/2003 10:49
6.gif
1 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

Indefensible??

To a lawyer I didn't think there was any such thing.

tongue.gif

----------------

R/A you are cracking me up today w/ your one liners.

I do have a question that I am not computer savvy to know. How can DT keep people off? Why can't one just register under a different name?

I am just one person. I am hard enough to keep track of - let alone taking on more personalities. That said, we have 4 computers, several different land lines, several screen names (AOl - keeps business separate from personal, etc) & 3 internet provider's. I realize I may be overboard w/ exposure; but, I can't imagine someone having only one internet provider. Technically, couldn't I be several different DT/PS personalities w/o detection? I can't figure out how DT can ban someone. I understand they could ban a "personality"; but how can they deny access.

One last question - if AOL allows 7 screen names (& subsequent email addresses), could all those screen names show up a different person.

What exactly is an ISP? Leonid has access to check. Is it the physical address of where the computer is "housed"? Is it the Internet provider? Is it the computer itself?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An ISP is an Internet Service Provider, a company that links you with the other computers that make up the Internet. AOL is one ISP.

Gilbert cannot keep track of you magically, but he can tell if you are writing from a certain computer unless you are savvy enough to be able to keep him from seeing your own special computer's number. I am not that savvy, so when I use my computer he-and everyone else who cares to-can see the number of my computer...which is unique.

If you wrote from another computer in your house that is not networked with that one and doesn't share its modem, he couldn't see that the computer belonged to the same person. If you used a computer in a library he couldn't tell it was you. That is why no one can truly be banned.

I will await correction by a computer expert!
2.gif

read.gif

Enzo Virno

Rough_Rock
I am glad that DT has so many enemies.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/14/2003 8:35:52 PM Enzo Virno wrote:

I am glad that DT has so many enemies.
----------------

Why?

Enzo Virno

Rough_Rock
Have you missed the discussions. Paid vendors should not be portraying them sleves as non bias innocent consumers giving false testaments

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Enzo,
I have missed none of the discussions.
9.gif

I just didn't know how much you knew about DT and why their reputation has gone downhill.

I do not see myself as DT's "enemy". Not their friend, definitely not, but I'm not sure I would fall under the category of *enemy*.

I am not a fan of DT, put it that way.
2.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I still want to know if Fred Cuellar has ever been a member of DT or PS?
11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, thanks. So it is the computer? What about all my screen names for AOL. Do they just show up as "one" or "5"?

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/15/2003 1:43:59 AM derekinla wrote:

I still want to know if Fred Cuellar has ever been a member of DT or PS?
11.gif

----------------

If my mommy brain is serving me correctly I believe Fred did make an appearance on DT at one point. I do not believe he was ever a *regular*.

Ice, AGBF, Rhino, Hest, et al. am I correct?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I found out that unless you were a paid vendor you could not speak the truth.

Example like with GOG's case he was trying to educate somebody and referred them to his website, he got it for self promoting! Then Nice Ice stuck up for him and he got it next! One by one the people that were the experts and were helping people got kicked off! I also posted for some of the people that were kicked off. I left and 2 weeks later they told me I was kicked off ???? Kind of like quiting a job and having the boss call you up and tell you your fired
1.gif
Im sure he was afraid of workmans comp
1.gif

The people that made that sight and made him money were cast off. Thanks for nothing
2.gif
What comes around goes around. Every dog has their day.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, well Jan has said that the 'so called banned experts' have not expelled the real reasons they were banned but blamed it on the administrators.

Well, I was publically humiliated on Diamondtalk and as there is an inference referring to my real name. I am going to look into the legal situation. I asked more than a year ago for all my posts to be deleted but they were not.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
They were too exhusted after deleting all of my 8000 posts
1.gif

Who cares, what comes around goes around. For some reason in life , when somebody does me wrong , they get it back ten fold , Im just going to sit back and watch the house of cards fold
1.gif
Its Karma
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
"When tempted to fight fire with fire,
remember that the fire department generally
uses water."

Iceman proverb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some bright posters still on Diamond Talk. Some of them may not be there for much longer, however ;-). I know that the first rule of the Fight Club...I mean the Steamroom...is not to talk about the Steamroom. That just means no one may reveal its contents, though, right? It doesn't mean we cannot tell others it *exists*! Some of the people on Diamond Talk asking questions know that Pricescope exists...but do they know the Steamroom exists? Do they know they can ask to join the Steamroom and find the answers to their questions?

PS-I never saw the movie "The Fight Club". What was it like?

Deb
read.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Sorry AGBF,
First rule about fight club, don't talk about fight club.
9.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
>>Im sure he was afraid of workmans comp <<

If you get thrown off too hard and your feelings are hurt, can you sue or get Workman's Comp?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

----------------
On 9/18/2003 9:00:50 AM Iceman wrote:

They were too exhusted after deleting all of my 8000 posts
1.gif

----------------

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hello I have been lurking here for a while. I am member of DT and I am sad to say that I have seen DT getting lower and lower. More people banned w/o any reasons. It's just not the same. I wanted to say that I hope to get a new "home" among you guys.
2.gif

-=Amethyste

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
----------------

PS-I never saw the movie 'The Fight Club'. What was it like?

Deb
read.gif
----------------

That was one sick movie! If you can stomach guys beating each other to a pulp, that's a must-see movie. I loved the twisted ending!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/18/2003 10:18:38 PM Amethyste wrote:

Hello I have been lurking here for a while. I am member of DT and I am sad to say that I have seen DT getting lower and lower. More people banned w/o any reasons. It's just not the same. I wanted to say that I hope to get a new 'home' among you guys.

2.gif

-=Amethyste----------------

Bienvenue :). (Tu es le flic francais, n'estce pas? )

read.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hey,
I guess I am the french police. But a bad one at that.
2.gif

I am fed up with the DT cr*p.

Looks like you play the cello? I play a really nice 7/8
and I love it. The cello makes my heart sing!!!!

THanks for the welcome!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, amethyste-

I do NOT play the cello. That is my 11 year old daughter, at age 10!! She looks a lot older than she is, which can be harrowing for her mother! She has been playing for 3 years. Prior to that she studied piano, and-concurrent with the cello-she has studied both clarinet and saxophone.

She plays a full size since she is 5'2 3/4 " with very long arms.

I wish I could make a cello sing! I really appreciate string music now that I have someone close to me playing it. Do you play with friends in quartets or other groupings?

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results