shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMONDTALK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
I went to a website called diamondtalk.com. It portrays itself as a so called non bias and informative site. After viewing the some of the replies, it is clear that the people responding are PAID VENDORS. I would not recommend anyone to take the replies seriously. Someone should report them to the Trade Commission.

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
One other thing. If you want to reply to their topics you have to supply them with your home address and a credit card.

Yeah Right NON BIAS!!!!!!!!!! I don't think so!!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! There's alot of other things too. That site is a has-been GC.

Rhino

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 9/7/2003 11:55:18 PM Rhino wrote:

"LOL! There's alot of other things too. That site is a has-been GC."

Do tell, Jonathan.

PS-One thing I *DO* miss about Diamond Talk is the icon with the halo. Lawmax let me have custody of I before I was banned, but now I don't have it anymore :(.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
AGBF - I love those 4 custom rings you had made - I was wondering if you could tell me the ebay seller's ID of the one you got the darker blue aquamarine from?

Sorry to interupt your thread....

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What gets me is that DT *thinks* no one knows how biased it really is. The consumer can see a wolf through sheep's clothing. We also have the power to vote w/ our pocketbook.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You may all be right about DT. I stay out of the politics in these things. Anything I may post there is not paid advertising or biased by DT in any way. I think the site may well have a certain agenda, but the consumers there seem about the same as those here. Helping people is the way I have found that makes me happiest, too.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Sorry but to have paid vendors influence a consumers decision with supposed non bias advice is morally and ethically incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The consumer thinks he/she is getting advice from other fellow consumers (who are supposedly non bias).

THAT IS FRAUD!!!!!!

I HOPE THAT CONSUMERS CAN READ THIS!!!!

DIAMOND TALK IS A PAID SITE!!! DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Old DT is deed unfortunately by reasons myopic policy of new sponsor
New DT is boring, tedious, dull, for me.

poopoojones

Rough_Rock
Aren't there quite a few Pricescope Vendors that post here? As helpful as they all are, I would consider that biased. Wouldn't you?

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
How could it be bias? They aren't trying to sell us anything (except an occassional Ideal scope - hee hee). They mostly just give us diamond facts.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/8/2003 9:47:21 AM poopoojones wrote:

Aren't there quite a few Pricescope Vendors that post here? As helpful as they all are, I would consider that biased. Wouldn't you?
----------------

Difference is that Leonid doesn't ban the competition of the Pricescope vendors. He also does not ban those who stick up for non-Pricescope vendors. In other words, a point of view that may not match a paid advertiser view is permitted on this forum.

BIG difference.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Another difference is that I cannot imagine Leonid posting information he accessed WITHOUT permission on his site, then banning a bunch of members for having a private discussion and THEN humiliating them publicly and giving them no ability to rebute.

I also believe that the members here would question that practice and wonder what was going on, not just say "oh they were evil because the moderator says so."

Another difference is that Leonid communicates with his members and I don't believe he would ban a person without first discussing it with that person. Right Leonid?

Also, maybe this thread should be moved to Hangout? Or maybe the other place?

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Yes there are the same vendors in Diamondtalk. My suggestion would be anytime a vendor is responding to a post it should be clearly identified under their name. This would identify consumers from vendors. I know it is very difficult to implement.

This type of fraduelent misrepresentation has to stop.

If it doesn't, there will be thousands of vendors setting up fictitious sites and calling themselves forums (which they really really are not).

Maybe Leonid should look into this.

thank you for your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/8/2003 8:15:50 AM Greatcall wrote:

Sorry but to have paid vendors influence a consumers decision with supposed non bias advice is morally and ethically incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The consumer thinks he/she is getting advice from other fellow consumers (who are supposedly non bias).

THAT IS FRAUD!!!!!!

I HOPE THAT CONSUMERS CAN READ THIS!!!!

DIAMOND TALK IS A PAID SITE!!! DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------

You are over-reacting here. Professionals can give fair opinions even when a few $$ are at stake. You can't exclude everyone in the industry due to the fact that they have a vested interest in the industry.

Even when I was brand-new to the internet diamond-buying scene I could still separate most of the wheat from the chaff. If you don't read everything on the 'net with a very critical eye, then you are a fool and you and your money will be soon parted.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
I Really dont think think anyone can be FAIR when there are PROFITS AND $$$ involved. The year is 2003.

poopoojones

Rough_Rock
Competition tends to keep people 'fair'. If one vendor tries to mislead a customer, there are competitors here that can speak to that.

I think that it is important to keep in mind that when you are reading responses from vendors, that they have a financial interest in their response. I also think that the best way that you can usually tell how honest or dishonest a vendor might be is how open they are about who they are when they are telling you what they think. Most of the vendors here have their business name in their signatures so you know who they are when they are telling you what they think.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
If you won't learn from anyone with a $$ intrest in the diamond industry, from whom will you learn? Chatroom participants with nicks like "Rank Amateur"?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/8/2003 11
6.gif
3:23 AM poopoojones wrote:

Competition tends to keep people 'fair'. If one vendor tries to mislead a customer, there are competitors here that can speak to that.

----------------

Which is exactly my point about DT. If you eliminate the competition (specifically other diamond dealers), then one must question the validity of responses on a "sponser only" forum like DT.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah DT, how far you have fallen...
nono.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 9/8/2003 10:30:58 AM Greatcall wrote:
My suggestion would be anytime a vendor is responding to a post it should be clearly identified under their name
Maybe Leonid should look into this.
----------------

Greatcall, I think this already happens.....at least it does here. I think Leonid requires it (although I cannot swear to that).

Nearly every vendor here posts with their company affiliation, company website, or both as part of their signature line.

Many of them get involved in threads that have no potential return for them just to help the customer. Most of the vendors here on PS are VERY careful not to skew the spirit of this board.

If you have reason to doubt that, I'd be interested to hear the facts that cause you to disagree.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF

You mean the attached icon?

win

saint.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 9/10/2003 1:50:48 PM winyan wrote:

"You mean the attached icon?"

Where did you find my halo!? Give it back!!!

Deb

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
saint.gif

saint.gif

saint.gif

saint.gif

saint.gif

saint.gif

saint.gif

nya nya na nya nya
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May you be blessed with as many new babies as those halos you posted, R/A. And may they *ALL* be in diapers at once :).

Deb, whose youngest is 11!!!

read.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Deb, I attached the file to my post, you should be able to right click on it and download it to your 'puter!

I got it off DT, of course, *grin*

have fun!

win

wavey.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Is it frowned upon (here) to post on both DT and PS? Or should you only really post on one of these sites? Can one really be a dedicated DT'er and PS'er at the same time and still be true to him or herself?
15.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 9/12/2003 12:29:57 AM derekinla wrote:

"Is it frowned upon (here) to post on both DT and PS? Or should you only really post on one of these sites? Can one really be a dedicated DT'er and PS'er at the same time and still be true to him or herself?
15.gif
"

Wow! That's some heavy pondering for 7
6.gif
0 am!

DT will let you post there as well as here as long as you don't get too uppity there (asking uncomfortable questions and such).

Leonid will let you post wherever you want.

You must post wherever you can get the information and the friendship that you want.

Hope I covered all bases!
1.gif

read.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Actually, some people were banned for posting unkind things about DT on other diamond forums. I don't know if they are still doing that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 9/12/2003 8:15
6.gif
1 AM fire&ice wrote:

"Actually, some people were banned for posting unkind things about DT on other diamond forums. I don't know if they are still doing that."

You're right. I decided not to mention that because I had forgotten to whom it happened and
I didn't think Diamond Talk was acting quite as paranoid now as they were then :).

Deb
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results