shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondseeker's Daughter's Vatche Caroline e-ring!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...how wonderful that you were able to be part of not only the ring selection but also the proposal. The ring is beautiful. Congratulations to you all!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I have always loved this setting! :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww gorgeous!! congrats to your DD!!! lovely couple!

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
Congrats DS! Your daughter is a beautiful girl! I've been waiting for you to post about the proposal! Congrats to them both!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's fun to see so many of my old PS buddies on here! Thank you so much for the compliments on the ring and our daughter iota, mrssalvo, coati, natylad, angeline, Sundial, risingsun, Chris-at-ERD, Ellen, jules.k, Dreamer, diamondrnglover, MissGotRocks, Farleysmom, Tuckins, D&T, and AdanaEsq!!!

Maisie and MIssGotRocks....regarding wedding bands, she wants a beadset diamond band with milgrain edges and engraving on the side. I have to tell you, we went to a couple of regular jewelry stores to try some on with her ring, and the sales clerks had no idea what we were talking about! One asked if we meant diamonds on the side...she seriously did not know what engraving meant!!! After I explained a little, she asked if I worked at a jewelry store!!! Haha! It amazes me how much we learn around here! But really, the selections are dismal at most jewelry stores. We didn't find a single contender.

She told me he is interested in a durable alternative metal, so I suggested Tungsten and sent him some websites.

Jules.k.....the height of the diamond is maybe low-medium, but not medium or high. I think it is nicely balanced. It will need a low set wedding band, though.

Dreamer...yes, I am much too young! Haha! And I do have a really great FSIL! I told him I was going to call him a second son rather than SIL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beautiful couple; I am so happy for you and your family DS! :appl: :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! So exciting! Enjoy the wedding planning with your daughter.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring :love: :love:

And how cool that you got to be there! They'll treasure those photos of the moment :bigsmile:

Best wishes to your daughter and her new fiance!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congrats DS, and to your daughter too! Beautiful ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1290123575|2772102 said:
Oh, it's fun to see so many of my old PS buddies on here! Thank you so much for the compliments on the ring and our daughter iota, mrssalvo, coati, natylad, angeline, Sundial, risingsun, Chris-at-ERD, Ellen, jules.k, Dreamer, diamondrnglover, MissGotRocks, Farleysmom, Tuckins, D&T, and AdanaEsq!!!

Maisie and MIssGotRocks....regarding wedding bands, she wants a beadset diamond band with milgrain edges and engraving on the side. I have to tell you, we went to a couple of regular jewelry stores to try some on with her ring, and the sales clerks had no idea what we were talking about! One asked if we meant diamonds on the side...she seriously did not know what engraving meant!!! After I explained a little, she asked if I worked at a jewelry store!!! Haha! It amazes me how much we learn around here! But really, the selections are dismal at most jewelry stores. We didn't find a single contender.She told me he is interested in a durable alternative metal, so I suggested Tungsten and sent him some websites.

Jules.k.....the height of the diamond is maybe low-medium, but not medium or high. I think it is nicely balanced. It will need a low set wedding band, though.

Dreamer...yes, I am much too young! Haha! And I do have a really great FSIL! I told him I was going to call him a second son rather than SIL!

It's not easy to find such things. You'd think that you'd be able to walk into a nice jewelry store and find several options but that's usually not the case. Now what - keep looking?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1290131568|2772328 said:

Maisie and MIssGotRocks....regarding wedding bands, she wants a beadset diamond band with milgrain edges and engraving on the side. I have to tell you, we went to a couple of regular jewelry stores to try some on with her ring, and the sales clerks had no idea what we were talking about! One asked if we meant diamonds on the side...she seriously did not know what engraving meant!!! After I explained a little, she asked if I worked at a jewelry store!!! Haha! It amazes me how much we learn around here! But really, the selections are dismal at most jewelry stores. We didn't find a single contender.She told me he is interested in a durable alternative metal, so I suggested Tungsten and sent him some websites.

It's not easy to find such things. You'd think that you'd be able to walk into a nice jewelry store and find several options but that's usually not the case. Now what - keep looking?

There is one other big jeweler in Charlotte that carries a lot of designers and I think they are likely to have something. I just think it is easier to try on bands with the e-ring than order one to be sure the w-band is set low enough, the right width, etc. If she doesn't find one there, we may have to consider custom. Maytal Hannah makes the ring she wants.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, Amy, Yssie, and Selkie, thank you so much!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1290132836|2772362 said:
MissGotRocks|1290131568|2772328 said:

There is one other big jeweler in Charlotte that carries a lot of designers and I think they are likely to have something. I just think it is easier to try on bands with the e-ring than order one to be sure the w-band is set low enough, the right width, etc. If she doesn't find one there, we may have to consider custom. Maytal Hannah makes the ring she wants.

Sometimes I think you can have better luck with designer brands than just hoping you'll run across a random one in a store. At least she knows about one she likes - that's a good backup! Good luck with the hunt - finding the perfect wedding band can be a chore!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
You're so lucky to have pics of the proposal and to have witnessed it. Congratulations to you all. It is so fitting for Caroline to have a Caroline.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Diamondseeker and to your now sublimely-bejeweled :love: daughter! :) I'm delighted for you both!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you thought about Beverly K for the wedding band?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your daughter's engagement, DS! They look like a lovely couple. Her ring is gorgeous--what a wonderful soon-to-be SIL you have! Best wishes to them!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YIPPEE! Congratulations to your gorgeous daughter and her FI (and to you too of course! :bigsmile: ) :appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It's sooo beautiful! Congrats!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maisie and MIssGotRocks....regarding wedding bands, she wants a beadset diamond band with milgrain edges and engraving on the side. I have to tell you, we went to a couple of regular jewelry stores to try some on with her ring, and the sales clerks had no idea what we were talking about! One asked if we meant diamonds on the side...she seriously did not know what engraving meant!!! After I explained a little, she asked if I worked at a jewelry store!!! Haha! It amazes me how much we learn around here! But really, the selections are dismal at most jewelry stores. We didn't find a single contender.

She told me he is interested in a durable alternative metal, so I suggested Tungsten and sent him some websites.

I know what you mean about the amount of knowledge we pick up here. I know so much more than most sales clerks! I hate going into B&M stores where I live. I was saying the other day that I am completely spoiled where jewellery is concerned. Gone are the days where I would just pick something out and buy it the same day!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tigian, Aeolianarpa, Kittybean, DandiAndi, lknvrb4, and steph!!!

MGR...yes, finding a wedding band certainly can be a chore! I finally ended up with a Legacy band, but Tiffany's prices are just too high for them, so I couldn't take her there!

Dreamer....yes, Beverly K was one of my first thoughts, but there is nowhere local to try one on and sites like Pearlman's do not give you the width or height measurements. So I decided to try one more place that carries Scott Kay and other designers who'd likely have this kind of band that she could try on, or else just go with a custom one by Maytal Hannah and she could specify width and low setting.

Maisie...this recent trip reminded me why I don't go to B&M stores anymore. I know there are still a few good ones here and there such as GOG and Wink's, but for the most part, you get low quality things at a horrible price, or you get something good at a Tiffany's but really overpay for what you get. When I asked about the diamonds in one band she tried on, they looked it up and it was SI-I1, and seriously, there is no reason to get I1 tiny diamonds in a wedding band. That whole trip was a waste of time!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, how wonderful! Congrats to you all! The ring is lovely.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
This is sooo terrific! The ring is beautiful! And I wish you guys the best of luck on her finding the perfect band. 8)

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, congrats, Diamondseeker! Your daughter's engagement ring is lovely! You must all be so excited :)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
tigian|1290135977|2772423 said:
You're so lucky to have pics of the proposal and to have witnessed it. Congratulations to you all. It is so fitting for Caroline to have a Caroline.

Yes!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lori

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
DS, SO SO excited for you and your family at this time! They were so lucky to have you to help them pick such a lovely and timeless setting.

Warmest regards to you - it's nice to see you around these parts again. We sure do miss you! :naughty:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your daughter's engagement. Looks like she picked a good guy. As a mother of an 8 yr old girl I hope I can someday guide her through the diamond world like you are doing for your daughter. I also have a Vatche and I didn't know they were hand made? I'm looking for a band to go with mine too, keep us updated on what your daughter gets!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlmans, if you call, will get you the exact width and height measurments of their bands, and indeed there is room for customization based on my conversations with them in the past. They will also send bands out on memo for you to see in person!

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot !!! :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results