clarity

Diamonds and sapphire: 18 years to get it right

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful!!!!:mrgreen2:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
The color of that sapphire in the sunlight isTDF!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all will have to excuse me. As I get to know it, it just amazes me more and more.

Here it is while I’m sitting on the sofa catching the light from the window behind me. I did slow motion but the video is only a minute long.

https://instagram.com/p/Bpuc6yMHUWU/

Wait, hold on... that video is weird lol. It focuses on my pinky finger which has no ring on it? Lol

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F2818FFF-7673-4147-BBB2-A8E03D34D614.jpeg EEE38635-0186-4E54-8C7F-6A30F770D791.jpeg

I need to charge my phone and will try to fix the video link.

I’m going to post a thousand photos tomorrow from the superdome, so hop off if you are done with this thread lol

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? This three stone is just STUNNING. Congratulations @whitewave such a stunning ring. I love sapphires. And next to two white CBIs? Kill me now. How are you enjoying it?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t you dare stop with the pictures, @whitewave ! :) sooooo sparkly! Wow!

Lol. I figure I’m the biggest bore on the planet! It just catches my eye in different lighting and I can’t get over how gorgeous it is!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? This three stone is just STUNNING. Congratulations @whitewave such a stunning ring. I love sapphires. And next to two white CBIs? Kill me now. How are you enjoying it?

I’m loving every second of it. It’s such an amazing ring. I’m captivated by the workmanship of the trellis and how the diamonds and sapphire play with each other. To me, it’s a 10/10

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew thanks, the fire and the color interplay is incredible.

@Luce thank you!

@rcjtraveler yes, I agree lol. The color in direct sun light is perfect, but I’m also loving the color in indirect sunlight— such a rich royal blue.

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
The color of that sapph is just amazing!! I would be looking at it all the time too. 'Course you know I'm staring so hard at my new pear Thanks To You that I'm afraid my eyes will bleed!

Such a beautiful ring whitewave, share all you want to!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of that sapph is just amazing!! I would be looking at it all the time too. 'Course you know I'm staring so hard at my new pear Thanks To You that I'm afraid my eyes will bleed!

Such a beautiful ring whitewave, share all you want to!

Thank you!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @whitewave :wavey:

I was wondering if you were able to tell me the diameters of your stones, and also your finger size? I'm having a sapphire + diamonds 3 stone made in the new year and I suspect the proportions are very similar. My stones are 2 x 5.5mm for the sides, and 7.4mm in the center.

How do they compare to yours? Mine will be going on a size 7.5 finger.

I'm hoping mine looks half as good as yours! Thanks Whitewave!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @whitewave :wavey:

I was wondering if you were able to tell me the diameters of your stones, and also your finger size? I'm having a sapphire + diamonds 3 stone made in the new year and I suspect the proportions are very similar. My stones are 2 x 5.5mm for the sides, and 7.4mm in the center.

How do they compare to yours? Mine will be going on a size 7.5 finger.

I'm hoping mine looks half as good as yours! Thanks Whitewave!!

Ok, it’s going to take a minute to find it all. It’s my right hand, so it’s size 8.25 ring and it’s 2.5mm wide.

Sapphire: 6.73 x 5.98 (oval)

I’ll get the paperwork in a minute.,, cuppa coffee :mrgreen2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry @mrs-b

I’m painting and remodeling my closet and my little digital documents safe is super unhappy for some reason and won’t open.

The good news is, CBIs are so uniform, go find a .56 and a .57 (its nearly a .58) and see what their measurements are.

Headed back to the other house soon, so DH will have to worry about the safe.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave -

Thanks so much! This gives me at least *some* idea of how it will look.

When looking at your photos taken from certain angles, I had thought your sapphire was an oval. But then it seemed more round, because the light return from it is so striking you almost can't make out the shape! It's a stunning, stunning stone, and a gorgeous ring!

ETA We were typing at the same time. :)) The information you've already given me is more than enough - thank you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave -

Thanks so much! This gives me at least *some* idea of how it will look.

When looking at your photos taken from certain angles, I had thought your sapphire was an oval. But then it seemed more round, because the light return from it is so striking you almost can't make out the shape! It's a stunning, stunning stone, and a gorgeous ring!

ETA We were typing at the same time. :)) The information you've already given me is more than enough - thank you!

I’m glad I decided heat/no heat wasn’t important for me because I love love love this sapphire so much!! It is definitely the one for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results