shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondcuttersintnl.com Anyone deal with them? (New to forum..HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
HI, I''m ew to the forum and I wanted to first thank all of you who post here with such great information. I am in the market for a Princess 1ct Well cut diamond 65/65 on table and depth with D to H color and VS1 Clarity at lowest. I''ve spoken to Rick at Diamond cutters. Seems to me that Bonded diamonds are the way to go if you''re a Paranoid New Yorker who is afraid of being ripped off. Anyone have any experience buying a bonded diamond through this company?

P.S. Will be visiting you soon Jonathan.. Long island is an hour away.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Run a search on 'Fred Cuellar' in the archives. You will read all you need to about DCI and Fred as the owner/president/etc.
Enough said!

Definitely visit Jonathan in NY! His methods of doing business and choosing/recommending stones is as far as you can get from FC and DCI.

Just be careful with DCI..they may tell you any other stone but theirs is 'warped'. Bonded diamonds is another perpetuated myth about safety. Read up on the archives about that too.

Here are a few of the many threads about this subject in the past. I am horrible at making the HTML links..the first 2 are related to 'bonded' stones and the last 3 were searched on by the term 'Fred Cuellar' in the 'advanced search' area. Have fun!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bonded-diamond.2991/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bonded.5616/

------

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fred-cuellar-the-diamond-guy.2260/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-trustworthy-is-fred-cuellar-really.5140/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fred-cuellar.6476/

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Follow Mara's suggestion!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI I agree with Mara...

Since you are in the NYC area just bop on over to see Jonathan...he is awesome I was just there on Sat...and I live far away...it was worth the trip...

You can e-mail him your info and he will get back to you

I don't have a lot of faith in DCI...I have looked at their stuff and have not been thrilled...look up old threads here to get a better handle of him/them

Also if you have not looked on www.goodoldgold.com check out there web site they have great stuff for learning in the educational diamond sections...

Best of luck in your search

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Wow.. read some of the stuff you linked there.. Geez.. Is there any way I can make sure I wont be taken for a ride. I've done the research I know Crown/Pavilion angles are important for a princess.. I have afew places to check out but Seems that Jonathan has a good rep.. spoke on the phone with him last week. Anyone know if the "Sale contingent on satisfactory appraisal"
move is successful? I just want to buy a beautiful DIAMOND.. not something treated..baked..laser drilled or color enhanced.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most reputable vendors will let you do the appraisal first then payment. They will have the diamond shipped to an appraiser of your choice, you pay shipping and insurance, you pay for the appraisal, if it checks out, they ship the diamond back to the vendor, then you pay and they ship it to you (or set it and ship it to you). I believe GOG does this. Find out which appraisers they will work with as well.

Good luck!!
1.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI again...if you have spoken with Jonathan...follow through with him...I am buying a stone(s) through him...he does a lot of work to make sure his customers are happy...as far as the independant appraisal...most people just like to get them for pieace of mind...and in the grand scheme of things...the are not too costly in light of the cost of the stone...

best of luck

diane

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/9/2003 4:14:35 PM RockyRay wrote:

Seems that Jonathan has a good rep.. spoke on the phone with him last week. Anyone know if the "Sale contingent on satisfactory appraisal"
move is successful? I just want to buy a beautiful DIAMOND.. not something treated..baked..laser drilled or color enhanced.
----------------
Since you are concerned, the prudent way to ease your mind would be to get an independent appraisal. GOG shares a very good reputation here. I am sure Jonathan would have no problem with sending the stone to an independent appraiser.

Something is warped w/ DCI & it isn't the diamonds.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results