shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Zone. Experiences? Good/Bad?

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
I like a lot of there vintage repo mountings, and I'm thinking of having a ring setting made by them. The BBC says only 6 negative ratings within the last 6 years. Curious if anyone has anything by them, and if they like their pieces.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a stacker band from them. Good experience and the quality was better than I expected. You'll need to specify if you want ideal cut melee though and make sure and ask for an updated quote. I got my CADs super quick and I think delivery was about 2-3 weeks after I approved the CAD.

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
liaerfbv|1419625026|3808009 said:
I have a stacker band from them. Good experience and the quality was better than I expected. You'll need to specify if you want ideal cut melee though and make sure and ask for an updated quote. I got my CADs super quick and I think delivery was about 2-3 weeks after I approved the CAD.
I need an E ring setting. I've seen them on Ebay and liked what they had. So I sent them a pic of what I want and they gave me a price quote. So I'm just trying to decide weather to go ahead or not.

received_10203699424871760.jpeg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 3 items from DZ and have *ALWAYS* had excellent communication with Ilya. I bought a yellow sapphire stacker, an OMC 3 stone in repro setting and a round zircon in a RG modern setting. Everything was well constructed and Ilya is very easy to talk to about changes, ideas and (in my case because I'm Canadian) shipping. Mention you are a PSer --- and say hi from Enerchi to him! :wavey:

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
That makes me feel a bit better. I was a lil worried it might be made super flimsy based on the price difference btwn where I originally found the ring and DZ.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a sapphire and diamond eternity stacker. I was really surprised at the quality for the price. I would buy from DZ again.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1419631303.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this in Chicago? If so I think there was a PS meet up there.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, DZ is down on Jeweler's Row. They had a lovely GTG for us one time -- champagne, food, and diamonds galore! There's a thread on the GTG in Hangout if I can find it.

As a couple of people have already mentioned, the quality is very good for the price. Enerchi bought the three stone OMC repro that I feel in love with... and one of these days I may have to see if she'll part with it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi & I had matching rings made. Both in a modern setting but still shows the skill of the bench. I would give them the opportunity to make your setting. Other long term PSers have used Ilya's bench. His prices are very fair.

Here's a pic of my zircon ring. It doesn't show the true color of my stone but does show the metal work. Bezels are hard to execute and both Enerchi and I were very pleased with our rings.

mc_zircon_handshot_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bil bought a setting for his girlfriends engagement ring.
Con? I have them the exact dimensions of the stone but they didn't account for the clipped corners of the stone and the stone we had for her engagement ring didn't fit. The setting was non refundable, and his budget was so low it made more sense to find a different stone instead of a different setting. It was a real shame because the setting and stone together were amazballs. But thats in part our fault as again, his budget was soooo low, he didn't send the stone to them to make sure.
Its a bit thin, but this was was one of their lower end settings. You can tell my some of the pics.

Pro?
Though it was one of their more budget end, the end result was stunning for the budget. Its not my engagement ring but I know I'm obsessed with it.

uploadfromtaptalk1419646232126.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1419646241711.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1419646263916.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have visited the store with others, very nice service and quality. I will go back there and get them to set the sapphire I bought a few months ago. This thread reminded me, we're lucky to have great options in the city.

Neil that ring is beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too bought a few stackers. Good luck!

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
I have a sapphire and diamond eternity stacker. I was really surprised at the quality for the price. I would buy from DZ again.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1419631303.jpg

@msop04, I’m strongly considering this same ring after seeing it on Ivy and Rose’s Instagram feed. Can you please comment on the quality of the stones? Did you order it “as is” or did you ask them to upgrade the stones? Also, is the ring durable enough for everyday wear?

Thanks in advance!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I had a very good experience. I sent a ring in to have the diamond unmounted and reset into a setting of theirs. They did an excellent job, and the ring they took the diamond out of is in great condition. If you have to have the setting modified, it will increase the cost, naturally, but still very reasonable.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04, I’m strongly considering this same ring after seeing it on Ivy and Rose’s Instagram feed. Can you please comment on the quality of the stones? Did you order it “as is” or did you ask them to upgrade the stones? Also, is the ring durable enough for everyday wear?

Thanks in advance!

I just ordered as is... I’m considering selling mine if you wear a size 5. :)) I love it, but I have way too many eternity bands, and this one rarely gets worn. :(2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mamadelmar
Re stones... they are fine to me... the sapphires seem good (I’m not great with CS). The diamonds, although super small, are very sparkly.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
@mamadelmar
Re stones... they are fine to me... the sapphires seem good (I’m not great with CS). The diamonds, although super small, are very sparkly.
@msop04 - can I DM you somehow? I do indeed wear a size 5. I was going to order this in platinum so I could wear it over my wedding ring without worry but would be interested in hearing your price!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04 - can I DM you somehow? I do indeed wear a size 5. I was going to order this in platinum so I could wear it over my wedding ring without worry but would be interested in hearing your price!

This ring is in white gold, but if you're interested, I can make a post on LT with my info...

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
I really prefer platinum but if the price were right and it meant I could extend my budget to buying a second piece of jewelry (!), I’d be most interested so please do post your info. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results