shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond true hearts help!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @lovedogs!
I love (love!) ECs! I wanted one for my recent engagement but a substantial size such as 2 carats or so was not in the budget. Plus I would also want a higher color. So definitely out of my budget.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your total budget, and are you open to something pre-loved?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would spend the vast majority of your budget on the diamond itself. Settings can be changed in the future, but the stone is the "star" of the show.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are open to preloved here are some choices I really like:

Here is one that will look pretty sizable, and has been one of my favorites on the "preloved" boards for a long time now.

Jewels by grace is a trusted vendor, here are some I love that are in the 3k range (I'm guessing at your budget).

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-00ctw-vintage-navette-ring (this one is kind of out of the box since the shape isn't traditional, but OMG I love it and it looks giant!)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This might still be available - www Step cuts are my favorite, but there is none as good as a CBI I can point to off the cuff.

Kristen18

Rough_Rock
Hello my friends! Thank you ALL for your help and advice! I decided to return the original diamond and ring and get something that suited me better. Since the JA offices are in NY and are currently closed because of the lockdown, I just have to wait until they open again to return the first ring.

Below are the pictures of the new ring! I love it! It’s from Blue Nile. The specs of the diamond are as follows:

Blue Nile Astor Diamond
.5 carat, J color, VS2 clarity
Table: 58%
Depth: 60.8%
Crown: 33.5%
Pavilion: 40.8%

It’s a beautiful diamond!

Do y’all think a plain white gold band would suffice for a wedding ring? Or what would you suggest? Thank you!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kristen18 -

Can you post a photo of it in profile so we can see what the undercarriage of the head is like, and what sort of band might fit with it? Also - does that style of setting have a matching band? Because that is a VERY specific look, and I think, for cohesion's sake, you'll need to get something with the same sort of feel to it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so this is the matching wedding ring. I would definitely go with this, as it's made to fit and will complement the style of your e-ring:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results