shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis bracelet for everyday wear?

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask for some advice please. I want to buy my first tennis bracelet and I hope to wear it everyday. I have small wrists and will be wearing it with my vintage Rolex (26mm dial) and my wedding ring, which is just a plain 18K white gold band and sometimes with my engagement ring, which is my profile pic.

How many carats should I go for? I'd really appreciate any insights and any pictures you can share with me. I've heard of the "diamond shrinkage" mentality" is the real? Thank you so much!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome on Pricescope!
The very first step is to fix a budget, then the lovely PSers will help you to find a nice tennis bracelet.
Regarding the total carat and wearability, as Kenny says: "People vary", which means some people prefer a statement piece, some people prefer a dainty look.
Some pictures here:

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Hi and welcome on Pricescope!
The very first step is to fix a budget, then the lovely PSers will help you to find a nice tennis bracelet.
Regarding the total carat and wearability, as Kenny says: "People vary", which means some people prefer a statement piece, some people prefer a dainty look.
Some pictures here:

Thanks @purplesilk, I don't really have a budget in mind to be honest, nothing that will break the bank. I just want to see what size people go for and why/how that suits them. Thanks for the thread link, it's very helpful! =)2

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, you can wear it everyday.
Here is a link to WF, BGD can do it also.
You can see what different carat weights will cost.

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
I would recommend getting a cz one in the size you are looking at first. I thought I'd wear one all the time and bought a cz one. I found it was just annoying to me.

haha yes that's a much much more cost effective method to avoid any disappointment! Although I do feel like that's the only thing missing from my wrist :kiss2::lol-2:

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
5 carat in my opinion. Not too much but blingy enough to keep you satisfied every time you see it sparkle

Thanks @BlingBlingLova , I was thinking 5 carats as well. The one I'm looking at is set in platinum...not sure whether I should go for that, or white gold. Any thoughts? x

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Platinum! Although mine is 18 karat white gold I did not have it custom made. Platinum may dull over time but keep in mind not much metal is going to show because the diamonds will be front and center. I like the heaviness and weight of platinum but now that I think about it, I don’t know if that would be feasible for an everyday bracelet. Also platinum is softer than gold so perhaps some PSers can chime in on this. Are platinum prongs just as sturdy as white gold prongs? Especially for everyday use? Keep in mind, I am very rough on my bracelets! They never leave my arm except for a weekly cleaning and then I shower, sleep, everything but swim with my bracelet stack on. Not a single dent or diamond out of place! It truly is mind boggling!

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Platinum! Although mine is 18 karat white gold I did not have it custom made. Platinum may dull over time but keep in mind not much metal is going to show because the diamonds will be front and center. I like the heaviness and weight of platinum but now that I think about it, I don’t know if that would be feasible for an everyday bracelet. Also platinum is softer than gold so perhaps some PSers can chime in on this. Are platinum prongs just as sturdy as white gold prongs? Especially for everyday use? Keep in mind, I am very rough on my bracelets! They never leave my arm except for a weekly cleaning and then I shower, sleep, everything but swim with my bracelet stack on. Not a single dent or diamond out of place! It truly is mind boggling!

Ahhh yes that's good to know your bracelet has held up so so well, very encouraging.
Yes I'm really of two minds, I do also like the weight of Platinum but don't want the diamonds to fall out if the prongs get whacked out of place ha... hopefully more mighty PSers will weigh in.

L

lydial

I was shopping for a 5-6 ct but came across a great deal on a 10 ct which is perfect for my larger (7.6 in) bracelet size. 3 prongs per stone make it more delicate than chunky. So for a smaller wrist maybe 5 ct would be ideal.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When researching for my own diamond teniis bracelet, I read through the entire thread by @LLJsmom's Diamond Tennis Bracelet Thread, and came to the conclusion that I would like a 5cttw bezel set bracelet.

I have always wanted a diamond tennis bracelet ever since I heard and saw them many years ago.

I have had cheapo bracelets, about 2cttw each from eBay online auctions in the past and did not like them due to the diamonds being too small, not very good quality and not being bezel set. Both now sold.

I was not able to justify having a diamond tennis bracelet as I already have 2 other diamond bracelets, with one that is quite substantial with over 2.8ct carré cut diamonds.

I have been wearing a CZ one of about 4cttw for quite a while, usually with another bracelet (or more for dressier occasions). Recently I replaced it with another one about the same size from Berricle made with Swarovski Zirconia (highly recommended to try for size).

Although the Berricle bracelet is well-made, the stones very sparkly, and a good size for daily wear, it nags me that they are not diamonds.

With the lockdown and all that, I decided life is too short to deprive myself, so I decided to take the plunge to get a diamond one to remind me of these difficult times.

I opted for 5cttw, bezel set (personal preference) in White Gold, as I am quite chunky myself - delicate jewellery will just disappear from me.

Good luck with your purchase - in my case, resistance is futile when it comes to a diamond tennis bracelet!

DK :))

Q

Queenie60

My wrists are small and I too read through the thread by LLJsmom several times. I have a 3 prong, a bit over 5 ctw. It's plenty blingy for every day wear.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
My wife wears hers for special occasions, I wish she wore it more often, but asking my wife to wear certIan pieces of jewelry is a lost cause. I bought hers from BGD, worked with Lesley. 3 prong, 14K WG. It is a little under 4 carat total weight. Here are 2 pictures. img_11970.jpg img_4818.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is 3cttw and perfect for everyday wear. I think it depends where you live. Any bigger here would look ostentatious.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP
My wife wears hers for special occasions, I wish she wore it more often, but asking my wife to wear certIan pieces of jewelry is a lost cause. I bought hers from BGD, worked with Lesley. 3 prong, 14K WG. It is a little under 4 carat total weight. Here are 2 pictures. img_11970.jpg img_4818.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
I was shopping for a 5-6 ct but came across a great deal on a 10 ct which is perfect for my larger (7.6 in) bracelet size. 3 prongs per stone make it more delicate than chunky. So for a smaller wrist maybe 5 ct would be ideal.

That's very good to know. Ha I may have small wrists but a big body, I might need yo save up for that 10ct. Yes I see many people here recommend the 3-prong. I've always leaned towards the 4 prong channel setting, but I can definitely see the appeal with the 3prong! Thanks for your sharing!

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
When researching for my own diamond teniis bracelet, I read through the entire thread by @LLJsmom's Diamond Tennis Bracelet Thread, and came to the conclusion that I would like a 5cttw bezel set bracelet.

I have always wanted a diamond tennis bracelet ever since I heard and saw them many years ago.

I have had cheapo bracelets, about 2cttw each from eBay online auctions in the past and did not like them due to the diamonds being too small, not very good quality and not being bezel set. Both now sold.

I was not able to justify having a diamond tennis bracelet as I already have 2 other diamond bracelets, with one that is quite substantial with over 2.8ct carré cut diamonds.

I have been wearing a CZ one of about 4cttw for quite a while, usually with another bracelet (or more for dressier occasions). Recently I replaced it with another one about the same size from Berricle made with Swarovski Zirconia (highly recommended to try for size).

Although the Berricle bracelet is well-made, the stones very sparkly, and a good size for daily wear, it nags me that they are not diamonds.

With the lockdown and all that, I decided life is too short to deprive myself, so I decided to take the plunge to get a diamond one to remind me of these difficult times.

I opted for 5cttw, bezel set (personal preference) in White Gold, as I am quite chunky myself - delicate jewellery will just disappear from me.

Good luck with your purchase - in my case, resistance is futile when it comes to a diamond tennis bracelet!

DK :))

Thank you so much for your sharing @dk168, I did read your thread, so many great suggestions!
haha I do love Berricle, and I'm exactly the same, it also nags me that they are not diamonds, because their design are pretty solid.

I hear you about the lockdown and the need to cheer myself up, I just bought a Chopard happy diamonds icons necklace in 18k yellow gold and a 3ct Sapphire ring :twisted2::kiss2:

I'm beginning to really believe I have an addiction...which is a whole new thread!

Thank you again and I will look more into the 5ct diamond tennis bracelet....because I'm a a bit of a chunky gal with small wrists :lol::lol:

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Mine is 3cttw and perfect for everyday wear. I think it depends where you live. Any bigger here would look ostentatious.

Yup I know exactly what you mean, I'm sometimes a bit self conscious when I wear my rings, but I just miss looking at them. I want something that I would feel comfortable wearing, the last thing I want is to get a beautiful but a 'too big' bracelet and end up not wearing it. :eek2::eek2:

Having said that, I also don't want that diamond shrinkage thought...:naughty::naughty: So I probably wouldn't go for something too dainty like 1ct-1.5ct.

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
OP

That's a beautiful bracelet indeed! Ahhhh your wife is a lucky lady. My husband just rolls his eyes whenever I talk about jewellery.

The 3 prongs is a beautiful setting! :kiss2::kiss2:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi for my 60th last year I was going to get all to chip in and buy me a petite 1-2 carat tennis bracelet. I also have a tiny wrist. When I went to try on them for carat weight I realized I could carry something larger and not look over the top.
We ended up with 6 carats and I love the size its perfect for every day.

Just make sure the clasp has really good safety catches so that if you get caught on clothing or taking your coat on and off it doesn't release. the first week I didn't close it well and I thought it was thrown out. My boss went dumpster diving when my husband called to say it was on the bathroom floor at home. LOL

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Hi for my 60th last year I was going to get all to chip in and buy me a petite 1-2 carat tennis bracelet. I also have a tiny wrist. When I went to try on them for carat weight I realized I could carry something larger and not look over the top.
We ended up with 6 carats and I love the size its perfect for every day.

Just make sure the clasp has really good safety catches so that if you get caught on clothing or taking your coat on and off it doesn't release. the first week I didn't close it well and I thought it was thrown out. My boss went dumpster diving when my husband called to say it was on the bathroom floor at home. LOL

First of all glad your husband found your bracelet, although diamond dumpster diving has a certain ring to it ;-)

Thanks for the tip regarding the clasp, I'll make sure I get one with a good safety! =)2

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love tennis bracelets and think some women can easily wear them every day. Absolutely!

If I were to buy one to wear every day it would have to be on the smaller side. In my line of work and the neighborhoods I visit I would not feel comfortable wearing something flashy.

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Yup it's the same for me, it's gotta be something in between. Not too small because it might start to nag me and not too big, because I'll get too shy to wear it. Decision...decisions...

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Yup it's the same for me, it's gotta be something in between. Not too small because it might start to nag me and not too big, because I'll get too shy to wear it. Decision...decisions...

As someone else mentioned definitely get some CZs in the different sizes you’re mulling over. That will help in the decision making process.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a 12pointer (4.76tcw) many years ago & it got worn rather frequently & I subsequently gifted it to my daughter on her 21st birthday. Dh then bought me a 12tcw & sad to say I don’t quite find occasion to wear it. I hate it when in-laws or relatives start questioning ( on price) or judging me. I normally wear it out alone or with own family..... It is deemed too flashy for hanging out with friends who aren’t really into jewelries too.

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
As someone else mentioned definitely get some CZs in the different sizes you’re mulling over. That will help in the decision making process.

I did that with my studs too and ended up sticking to them for so long, a great super saver!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear my 5ctw 3 prong bracelet most days and I love seeing the line of sparkles on my wrist.
Just my opinion, it’s a lovey daily wear size, not too big or small. 743022

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results