shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Talk Shakedown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
In keeping with the request for the tally on the banned, I have a question: was Diamond Angel banned from Diamond Talk? Someone told me she was, but I haven't read that anywhere. Might she have left of her own accord?

----------------
On 3/9/2003 7
6.gif
6:47 AM Rank Amateur wrote:

How lame. I see none of the members have the guts to step up and tell Cal like it is. Where is all that riteous indignation shown in all those other threads?
----------------

Ice had guts to post memorials to the missing right up until he was gunned down. You had guts to comment, succinctly (as you do here) on the "vanished". Iris had guts. Others had guts, too, but almost all who spoke out are now banned. Diamond Talk isn't America :-).

I couldnt have ended my time on DT any better then that
1.gif

Perfect!

I must have really made some people mad over on DT ? They took out all my 8000 posts , left a lot of blank holes in their website
1.gif
Looks like Im the only one they did that too ?

What ever, the name is trademarked and they probably were taken precautions , DT is still in my heart even though my name does not exsist over there anymore
1.gif
Gives me a fresh start on life , no past to haunt me
1.gif

No, really Iceman? Why would they do that? When I was a newbie, I found some of my best diamond info in the archives. Someone's really lost it...

----------------
On 3/4/2003 3
6.gif
2:57 PM Sibelius wrote:

A thought. Maybe G is clearing the site for a big advetaiser. He needs to sweep competiton out.

S
----------------

Maybe it is Fred C.

Rockdocs is still up (for right now) Goodoldgolds posts are gone, they missed Rhino
1.gif
I see also all of eightstars is gone to Richards von Sternburg that is.

Thats over 10,000 posts taken out, the place looks like swiss cheese over there if you want to look anything up?

They are replacing all the new information with local consumers not experts telling people what is right and wrong?

Some of the old ones have their hands full and are doing the best they can to answer all the questions.

weird , why would you do that to your site ?

Fascinating. Strange. But fascinating.

DiamondTalk is unbelievable. They had everything a while ago. Now they have nothing but backbiting posters who revel in oneupmanship cliqueyness and b*tching about former members of the forum. Newbies just won't bother with it all. And their moderators apparently don't check out other sites or realise what an absolute JOKE they and their forum have become. This
Gilbert guy seems a complete glutton for punishment - does he not realise how petty, vindictive and power-crazed his actions portray him as?? Thank God he can't ban posts everywhere. Gilbert - do yourself a favour - cut the cr*p and YOU leave DiamondTalk - you're dragging everything down for no reason. And that don't cut it on the internet. "Quiet - it's all in hand but you don't need to know" ain't good enough - wasn't when you started cutting people out of your world and still isnt now. Cut your power trip and wise up. It is SO pathetic when condemnatory posts about you or your site "mysteriously" disappear from DiamondTalk - do you think everyone is stupid?? Do you think people don't seem them and then not see them and know you've deleted them? You are a desparate and sad man. Save DiamondTalk and step down.

Wierd , I am not banned , but I still I cannot post there ??

If G doesnt want me there I hope has time to remove all my posts
1.gif

Will they censor all S letters also?
naughty.gif

S

----------------
On 3/12/2003 10:16:20 AM Sibelius wrote:

Wierd , I am not banned , but I still I cannot post there ??

If G doesnt want me there I hope has time to remove all my posts
1.gif

----------------

Why do you think you are not banned, Sibelius?

----------------
On 3/12/2003 10:34:16 AM Sibelius wrote:

Will they censor all S letters also?
naughty.gif

S
----------------

Since they obviously read this forum very carefully, they will no doubt take that under advisement. I noticed that some letter combinations have not yet been banned when they "should" have been given the policy. (I am a detail person
1.gif
.)

"DA" has not been turned into "**"; nor has "RA".

I await the next installment of the ongoing soap.

My DT level is still sapphire, but I cannot access in DT if I am logged in. I cannot modify my profile either.

Does G think he now owns the "Sibelius". He keeps my post there, he doesnt allow me to change my intrests or contact info, and he has not informed me of this in any way.

G, what is going on?

I was on Diamond Talk recently...because I am new...and that is the first site I found to eduacate myself. I went through the whole process to post and then it asked me for my credit card #....WHY THE HELL WOULD I GIVE CARD # TO A FORUM???... TO ASK QUESTIONS?? REDICULOUS! That is when I found this great place. Thank god there are some sane people left in this world.. Credit Card #'s are a very personal thing.. They have no right asking for such a thing.

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I dont understand the credit card thing ? Can anybody explain why they do that ?

Extreme Paranoia ?

Talking to yourself already, Ice?!
1.gif

(hee hee had to say it!)
9.gif

I think the theories already noted in the early posts to this thread are probably right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted 2/24/2003 11:45:18 PM

. The idea behind the practice is valid, but IMO the ends don't justify the means in this case. I do plenty of shopping over the Internet and provide my CC information when necessary, but I certainly use discretion when deciding who I will and will not give my information to, and a message board system is typically not high on my list of places to provide CC numbers to. I can't help but think their community will suffer as a result of this rather user-unfriendly policy, which is unfortunate.[/i]"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, it's not too difficult to circumvent their credit card validation scheme. I managed to register and "verify" myself without providing a valid CC number....

-Tim

[/u]

All right, Tim. Out with it! How does one circumvent the CC registration procedure?

If you PM me I PROMISE I'll not tell a soul!
1.gif

Mara ~ Funny
1.gif

RA! Hey old friend good to see you.

Optimized ~ I still don't get the credit card thing? Its not fool proof ? Its a waist of
energy and time on their part for what ?

I had a customer local, log into DT (a while back) with me at his home . He said Im
going to give them this credit card # that Im chopping up tomorrow. I (myself) have
a new ISP server at home so it wont register with DT. I was posting that night
(with my customers written permission to use it )
1.gif
But found out that DT was not
any fun like this place is. I like to be around the experts and good consumers. You
have consumers trying to help consumers over there (blind leading the blind). I like
new ideas and new knowledge were that is lacking, with an abundance of catty
women. I was in long enough to contact who I wanted and don't care to ever go
back , Your right everybody is not speaking out and telling it like it is on DT and
afraid for what ? This is the place to be
1.gif

So now 'G' can lose sleep wondering which person I am over there
1.gif
Don't worry
I just wanted to see if it would work, I don't care to come back. I love Pricescope
1.gif

cocerning cc,it pissed me off ,i typed a ton of zeros,submitted and they accepted:::::::::::::::::::ha,ha.ha jokes on them i dont give out my credit info that easy.

Iceman,

The basic premise I'm going by is that there's very little likelihood that DT is actually "validating" their CC numbers with a clearinghouse or card processor since this would quickly become very expensive and cumbersome for them. At most, I think they are using a simple "pre-validation" formula that is widely used by vendors (if they're even doing that). As such, it's pretty easy to fabricate a number that is consistent with the formula. There's not a whole lot they can do to actually tell if the number is valid for the person registering with it.

-Tim

Who is this Mr. E. Mann and why has he only one post? Leonid, is that you?
1.gif

----------------
On 3/16/2003 1
6.gif
2:22 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

Who is this Mr. E. Mann and why has he only one post? Leonid, is that you?
1.gif

----------------
R.A., thanks for the credit but I'm not that smart
nono.gif

Just kidding Leonid!

It doesn't seem your style to stir the pot in such a blatant manner.

----------------
On 3/16/2003 2:29:18 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

Just kidding Leonid!

It doesn't seem your style to stir the pot in such a blatant manner.
----------------

R/A,

Go over to the brides forum (the thread can always be moved to a parents/babies forum) and give us the latest news on your expected baby.

Dave,

I love your current avatar; I have a soft spot for Groucho Marx. In fact, my daughter was brought up on the Marx Brothers films and knows even their most obscure films (which I do *not*!!).

Hail, hail Freedonia!

Sibelius

is not banned but they put a gag over his mouth so he cant post
1.gif
I guess they want people to think they have a few experts left over there
1.gif

Sibelius is a great person and Im glad he is over here.
Look at how many of the great people DT has lost ! Both Educated Consumers and Experts!

Roll call!

Who's been banned from DT?

ME! Actually it doesn't say I was "banned" it says a big nothing near my name. I wish I could figure out a way to get the thread I began on DT's e-rings eliminated since that is one of their most visited threads. I know, I know not fair to the consumer who needs a look, but I don't like that my name is on that thread and I can no longer contribute to the forum. It's like they are benefitting from me against my will.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP