shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Talk Shakedown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Well, after a bit of research I've read rumors that DT is actually 'owned' by a very 'up there' diamond site holder who apparently has everyone shaking in their boots in fear.

Anyone else find out anything about this?

win

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Well, after a bit of research I've read rumors that DT is actually 'owned' by a very 'up there' diamond site holder who apparently has everyone shaking in their boots in fear.
win----------------

Yes, we've long suspected that DT is owned by Joseph Schlussel, of The Diamond Registry. Which is why if we ever considered suing DT for any reason we'd have to be aware that powerful lawyers are on their side.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hest wrote:

"Yes, we've long suspected that DT is owned by Joseph Schlussel, of The Diamond Registry. Which is why if we ever considered suing DT for any reason we'd have to be aware that powerful lawyers are on their side."

Well...as I remember it, we were also quite sure that no matter who owned the site he hadn't checked with any counsel before publishing a certain document on his website. No. I'll amend that. He didn't check with any competent counsel.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting...is there a link to that "certain document?"

win

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Win,
I don't know of you can still access it. It was in the "announcement" section of DT.

I did make a copy, but I don't know where my disk is right now. There are some others who made copies too. AGBF might have it.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Here is a link to the Diamond Registry:

http://www.diamondregistry.com/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I followed your link, derekinla. Did the Diamond Registry start selling to the public recently? Is the "insider" information they purport to give a replication of what Pricescope has done, making the prices of many vendors available to the consumer? Might one claim they copied Pricescope's idea just as GNat claims that DCC "copied" Diamond Talk's idea?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/3/2003 9:19:27 PM babblingal wrote:

Win,

I don't know of you can still access it. It was in the 'announcement' section of DT.

I did make a copy, but I don't know where my disk is right now. There are some others who made copies too. AGBF might have it.

----------------

Babs, I highly doubt that even Gilbert and Nathan would be stupid enough to leave that document up anywhere on their site knowing even the small amount we shared with them about what we learned. (What we learned about Internet law and the possible consequences to them for doing what they did.) They broke a bunch of laws! So I doubt winyan can find it on their site!

Of course I have the document! I will not, however, be disseminating it lest I perpetuate the crime committed by Gilbert, Nathan, and any other owner of Diamond Talk (known or as yet unknown to us). I do not know if *MY* disseminating what they posted *publicly* could be construed as perpetuating what they did, but why trifle with the matter?

This might be a good moment to add that I have no proof that Joseph Schlussel* owns Diamond Talk or a part of it, but-contrary to what winyan said-everyone is not shaking in his boots in fear of the owner. On the contrary, I am not afraid of the lawyers any Diamond Talk owner might hire. Having money allows one to prolong litigation. It does *NOT*, however, exempt one from criminal charges. Nor does it mean one will not suffer from a civil lawsuit brought against him by a good attorney who knows he has the law on *his* side.

What having money may mean is that "the other side", after starting proceedings, will decide it is too expensive to *PROCEED*, but the wiser course is to consult counsel before doing wacky things that *REQUIRE* defense.

Deborah

*One can find out the owners if one sues an entity. I am not doing that, so I am not in a position to subpoena documents.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Natbert forwarded this summary to me:

We broke into their private internet group and read all their stuff. Our feelings were hurt by what we read, so we attempted a public flogging of those involved. The flogging was in the form of a moderators-can-post-only Announcement on DiamondTalk. We also BANNED those involved so that they could not muster a defense or clarify the situation with the their side of the story. Shortly, we saw the folly of our ways with regard to a public posting of the above so we blackholed the aforementioned announcement. We then banned anyone who dare question the actions of a moderator.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing, R/A. That makes a lovely little bedtime story. And speaking of bedtime stories, how are your little bunnies doing? Do you have any Hallowe'en pix to share? My 11 year old is too old to dress up or trick or treat (she tells me). Emjoy it while it lasts!

Hugs,
Deb

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks RA. That's pretty much how I remembered it, though it's cuter when you tell it.

Win, I also have a copy of that document, of course. I never throw away evidence.
11.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Natbert?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
RA always has to go things his own way, even down to calling GilNat something else!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/4/2003 5:23:17 . We then banned anyone who dare question the actions of a moderator. ----------------

Well, that is the only concrete thing that I can figure out about my situation. Foolish & *very* shortsighted.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Well, *grin* that also answers why I was banned, I not only questioned the moderators, I questioned the integrity of those that put the 'lab created diamond' post at the top of the 'diamond' forum, and left it there.

I think anyone from DT who reads Steam Room and still posts on DT should meditate on that post. It pretty much states the bannings are done so the banee has no recourse.

Sounds danged deranged to me.

win

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/4/2003 7:26:31 PM babblingal wrote:

Natbert?----------------

This is a slight perversion of "Catbert, the Evil HR Director" from the comic strip Dilbert.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/4/2003 5:37:11 AM AGBF wrote:

----------------
On 11/3/2003 9:19:27 PM babblingal wrote:

Win,

I don't know of you can still access it. It was in the 'announcement' section of DT.

----------------

Babs, I highly doubt that even Gilbert and Nathan would be stupid enough to leave that document up anywhere on their site knowing even the small amount we shared with them about what we learned. ----------------

Win had commented before that she was able to access posts from DT after they had disappeared using a google search. I only meant that maybe she could find the announcement in the same manner, but I wasn't sure. I wasn't suggesting that you re-post it here, but merely suggesting that she contact you for more detail as I can't find my copy and would not be able to answer questions about it without referring to it and I thought she might be able to ask you about it.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I didn't realize win had that talent (for finding posts that had been removed)! Maybe she can find Ice's posting with the chart showing the changes in color the human eye is supposed to be able to see :).

Deb

PS-Where is Ice that he never responded to my request that he repost that here?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I don't think Ice posts here much anymore. He posts on DCC, but I don't think I've seen him on PS in awhile.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys...

If you google based on 'site' and specify exactly the forum you are looking for, google will provide 'cached' snapshots of the forum. Naturally not everything is cached, but a good portion is. No 'magic' there, just some playing with the wording of the request.

AGBF, are you talking about "Iceman"?

win

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Ice last posted on Oct 30th. Not that long ago. However, he is a little quiet recently and isn't posting as much as he used to.
sad.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Well, with my usual bluntness, I went to the 'Diamond Registry' site. Since I saw an address, which invited me to ask a question, I did.

I asked "Does Joseph Schlussel, of The Diamond Registry, own the forum, "Diamond Talk"?

I'll let you know if I get any kind of response.

win

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/6/2003 3:31:57 PM winyan wrote: <hr size="1"
I'll let you know if I get any kind of response.

win----------------

If they respond by banning and humiliating you, then you will have your answer as to who owns DT.
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for trying to help me with the info. on Ice, gals. (And, yes, I do mean The Iceman when I say, "Ice", win. That's his nickname. His real name is actually Corey England.) After posting my gripes about being unable to get a response out of him, Ice contacted me. It was he who told me to look on Marty Haske's website for the chart I wanted to find.

Ice has a lot on his plate right now :(. I don't think he's deserting Pricescope for DCC!!!

Deb

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Deb

Here's a link to the cached thread on the 'eye' color chart.

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:fsXNbwiwiqsJ:www.diamondtalk2.com/forums/printthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D2686+site+%22diamondtalk%22+iceman+chart&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It's a little long, (the url, I mean) but should work.

win

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It didn't work for me, win, but Marty Haske posted on Rocky Talky about where to find it on *his* site!

Deb

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, ok Deb...this is also the url quoted in the cached article.

http://www.gis.net/~adamas/sas2000.html

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results