shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Indy- congrats on your book and what sounds like a fab deal on your new studs! Bling becomes even better when it''s at a great price
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! They are on their way. Run Fedex Man, Run! (Or drive?) I wonder if they will get here before I leave for NYC? That would present a dilemma. I feel I ought to wear them only AFTER the manuscript is in. But then again, wearing them while I deliver the m/s would be fun too.
10.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would want to wear them, too, but probably it''s best to wait until after so your new bling doesn''t distract anyone from your book!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Book and bling!! Yayyy! Congratulations on both :)

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
thats great! congratulations on both.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a book deal and beautiful earrings.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Indy congratulations to you. A book deal and gorgeous earrings. I am so happy for you!!!!! Please post pictures when you receive them.

Linda

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow a book and new diamond earrings, you are a lucky girl
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
You are lucky! Beautiful studs IndyGal!
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the book! You will LOVE those beauties!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Hi Indy, did you get them yet? Are they on your ears!? Any pictures to share with us?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!! Congrats on your book and your lovely new studs!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yup! Got them! Here are a few pics.

earringfull.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m delighted by how incredibly white they are! I can see the colour difference compared to my ''E'' (these are a G & an I), but my DH can''t see ANY difference at all. It''s really true: a super well cut stone shows up very white, even as low as an I.

Good to know!

earringpartial.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Arrows! Neato! Of course, no one but me is likely to notice the arrows.
2.gif
But I'm sure I'll be taking more pleasure from these then anyone else in general.

OK, is it just me who finds it creepy to see my ear that close up?!?! Sorry if that is startling to anyone else.

earringarrows.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
By the way, I was talking to DH about how this whole jewelry thing is just not as much fun now that we know we probably won''t have a daughter for me to give this stuff to. Every time I''ve ever made a jewelry purchase before, I''ve always thought "Some day I will give this to my daughter!" That makes it seem so much more special and meaningful than just my magpie attraction to sparkle!

So I was thinking that with these studs, some day, when my twin boys are grown, on their wedding days I will give each of their new wives one of these diamonds I''m now wearing in my ears as a pendant to wear.

That is. If if they are good enough for my boys. Otherwise, they are getting a lump of coal as a pendant.
3.gif

(kidding!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your earrings are beautiful. They look perfect.

I too have wondered what to do with my earrings now that I won''t be having any little girls.
7.gif
Sometimes I wish I could have another kid so I can have a daughter and enjoy girly things with her. Dh FREAKS and runs from the room whenever I day dream about more kids! (ugh, what if I have another boy though? I would be stuck with FOUR guys sitting on the couch watching football all day
32.gif
. . .)

Passing your earrings onto your daughter-in-laws sounds like the perfect idea!
2.gif
There''s also grandchildren too. . .that idea appeals to me a bit more. My mom gave me her eng. diamond, so I have that diamond to pass on too. At least nobody will feel left out with all the stones I have
1.gif
Luckily they''re all around the same size so there will be equal treatment.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
they are perfect. they look so white in your ear and really fill your earlobe well. im so happy for you!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
they look fabulous, Indy. lovely size for everyday wear.

And I don''t think you have to give up on a daughter to pass down your sparklies to yet; you still have plenty of time for #3 since you got two in one shot this time
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful and look incredible on you! What a pair of killer studs!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 6:32:05 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yup! Got them! Here are a few pics.
They look huge!!! They are great, congrats!!! I bet you feel great w/them on!!
9.gif
Ah, how sweet about the pendants for your sons wives, they will love that!!!!
12.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Love the arrow shot! They are beautiful and look great on you! They are the perfect size! I like the idea of giving them to your future daughter-in-laws.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the book and the earrings.

They are superb, the size is perfect. I am shopping for a new pair of studs myself, very much like yours.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the good wishes and compliments everyone! Someday I'd like a pair that's a little bigger... maybe .75 each, but I'll aim to get those when I give these to the daughters in law... So, say, in 30 years or so.
4.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 8:01:04 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 9/21/2008 6:32:05 PM
They look huge!!!

You mean my earlobes? You are so mean, Skippers! (heeheee!)

Yikes! I do have kind of freakish earlobes. My brother''s are identical to mine, and once when we were kids I was teasing him about them and I got my mom''s turkey baster and suctioned it onto my brother''s earlobe! Haha. It was just hanging there. Fantastic. He was pretty mad.

Personally, I''ll take the diamonds and he can keep the baster.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 6:50:21 PM
Author: MC
Dh FREAKS and runs from the room whenever I day dream about more kids! (ugh, what if I have another boy though? I would be stuck with FOUR guys sitting on the couch watching football all day
32.gif
. . .)

Haha. My DH is already saying "So, we''re going to have more kids after these, right, RIGHT?" He is sooooo excited about being a dad! But he kind of shot himself in the foot when I said "Well, I would like to have a daughter" and he responded "Hey, wouldn''t it be funny if we ended up with another pair of twin boys? Then you''d be outnumbered 5 to 1!"

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Dumb move DH! Now I''m pretty sure we''re going to stick with these two. But we''ll see how it goes. I''m not totally opposed to having more. We''ll just see how the land lies over the next couple of years, and whether we can both secure steady visas and jobs.

The upside for me is that I LOVE watching sports: soccer, baseball, hockey, but I don''t get American football... but DH hates sports, so I was determined that whether our kids were girls or boys, they would be sports fans like me!
37.gif
DH has taken me to a couple of baseball games but he is always bored out of his tree.
20.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! They are beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results