shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs help

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're OK with paying duties then explore vendors like WF or IDJ etc.

If you don't want to deal with import duties then stick with BN and someone will likely help suggest pairs from this forum.

WGretzky

Rough_Rock
If you're OK with paying duties then explore vendors like WF or IDJ etc.

If you don't want to deal with import duties then stick with BN and someone will likely help suggest pairs from this forum.

Thanks. Not concerned with duties if I find great diamonds

Other members found me 2 great options from WF and BN and im
Trying to decide between those options

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Did you put the BN pair on hold? On my browser it says they are not available. Here are the HCAs for the BN stones:
902E53D9-F964-4B82-8CC2-256CF62B104B.jpeg 7906A90F-D203-43D5-9B34-BE912F5D0965.jpeg

You might not be getting more feedback because without more images there’s not much more feedback to give. I’d say between those two options it’s up to your personal choices. How much is duty a concern? The convenience of having them set by the vendor? BN might make more sense. Would you ever want to upgrade? I believe WF has a superior program. WF as a vendor is generally more highly recommended on this board. I’m sorry my input doesn’t speak more specifically to those stones you have presented.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @istase2000

I had an online chat with BN yesterday. They said no more images are available for
The 2 BN diamonds that we’re suggested to me in the posts above.

I also requested that the diamonds be inspected by their gemologist to make sure there are no negative effects from medium blue fluorescence (haze or milky look, etc).

he said it would take 1-3 business days to have this done, but I received an email about 6 hours after our chat that they had inspected the diamond, and there was no negative visual impact from the blue fluorescence.

I’m surprised (and a little suspicious) that they were able to do This so quickly late on a Sunday evening.

In any case, I’m not sure what to do between these and the WF diamonds. These are bigger, and slightly cheaper. The Whiteflash ones seem to have a superior cut (I think) but are more expensive.

here are the links again as they are buried

BN option:

Whiteflash option

Thanks!
That's unfortunate they don't have any more photos. Perhaps the stones are located in India so it was already Monday business hours for them and hence the quick reply. I did enquire about a diamond once and they came back saying it was cloudy. I'd definitely ask them to re-inspect them once they call it in from the vendor.

I see you bought a BGD engagement ring so you are used to super ideals :) Maybe I am in the minority but for studs though I would maximise the size for budget.

The two on BN are a surprisingly good match. I guess with a full refund policy from BN, you could always return it if you don't love it? @flyingpig from the picture, do you see any red flags with the pair posted above? My engagement diamond has the same proportions and I love it.

I found another diamond. https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD13936378 - this stone has the safe proportions 34.5/40.8 but I haven't found a match for it yet.

Not trying to confuse you here but if you were set on going with WF I'd rather get I's rather than the J's. J's might be more tinted than you expect. :)

WGretzky

Rough_Rock
That's unfortunate they don't have any more photos. Perhaps the stones are located in India so it was already Monday business hours for them and hence the quick reply. I did enquire about a diamond once and they came back saying it was cloudy. I'd definitely ask them to re-inspect them once they call it in from the vendor.

I see you bought a BGD engagement ring so you are used to super ideals :) Maybe I am in the minority but for studs though I would maximise the size for budget.

The two on BN are a surprisingly good match. I guess with a full refund policy from BN, you could always return it if you don't love it? @flyingpig from the picture, do you see any red flags with the pair posted above? My engagement diamond has the same proportions and I love it.

I found another diamond. https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD13936378 - this stone has the safe proportions 34.5/40.8 but I haven't found a match for it yet.

Not trying to confuse you here but if you were set on going with WF I'd rather get I's rather than the J's. J's might be more tinted than you expect. :)

Thanks! I’m leaning towards the blue niles to maximize size, slightly better colour but I realize it’s not as good of a cut as the WF option (they are a cut above)

After taxes duties and exchange, the Whiteflash option is about $100 cheaper than the BN
If the size is not that noticeable then I would go for the WF option

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
0.02mm difference is only slightly noticeable. Will look something like this. Smaller one on the left, bigger on the right.

Good luck with your decision!

Attachments

• 1597185593540.png
    1597185593540.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 71

WGretzky

Rough_Rock
0.02mm difference is only slightly noticeable. Will look something like this. Smaller one on the left, bigger on the right.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks everyone for your help! I decided to go with the blue Nile stones.

I was able to secure an additional discount. That coupled with the higher carat weight (albeit a small difference), the I colour, made my decision. They also double checked the blue fluorescence and reiterated that there was no negative impact of that

thanks again everyone. When I receive the stones I will let you know how they are

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
@WGretzky I think you made a good choice! Medium fluorescence can make it look whiter in some lighting and although not necessary you have a bonus of VVS1 clarity.

Did you end up having BN set the diamonds or will you have your jeweler set it?

Do come back with some photos and let us know what you think of diamonds:)

WGretzky

Rough_Rock
@WGretzky I think you made a good choice! Medium fluorescence can make it look whiter in some lighting and although not necessary you have a bonus of VVS1 clarity.

Did you end up having BN set the diamonds or will you have your jeweler set it?

Do come back with some photos and let us know what you think of diamonds:)

Thanks!
I’m having them set the diamonds as well - less headache for me.

appreciate your advice!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
I’m having them set the diamonds as well - less headache for me.

appreciate your advice!

What setting did you decide on and what backs? Excited for you and your wife - these will be beautiful!

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Nice - just googled and guardian backs seem secure! Did BN give u an ETA on when you will receive the finished product?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results