shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs - $50k Budget

SeanJ

Rough_Rock
Not the greatest of photos, but here are the CBIs and ACAs side by side under different indoor lighting conditions. It is honestly very hard to see much difference between them as they both appear very white with a lot of sparkle. The photos show a hint of yellow from the lighting in our house, but they appear very white in person.

File_006.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Not the greatest of photos, but here are the CBIs and ACAs side by side under different indoor lighting conditions. It is honestly very hard to see much difference between them as they both appear very white with a lot of sparkle. The photos show a hint of yellow from the lighting in our house, but they appear very white in person.

File_006.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

What are the specs?

Which way are you leaning?

SeanJ

Rough_Rock
What are the specs?

Which way are you leaning?
The ones on the left are CBI/HPD 4.14 tcw H, SI1 stones. The ones on the right are WF ACA 3.84 tcw G, VS2 stones. We can't tell the difference in color and the inclusions are extremely difficult to see with the naked eye (my wife tried and couldn't find them). Their fire/sparkle is nearly identical - we would think one pair looked better, but then turned them slightly and the other pair looked better. We are leaning towards the CBIs because they are larger, same perceived color and light performance, and they are cheaper.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you compared them all over the house? In a dark room, darker walls, ceilings? If you can't tell, heck, I'd go for the cheaper and bigger ones too.

SeanJ

Rough_Rock
Have you compared them all over the house? In a dark room, darker walls, ceilings? If you can't tell, heck, I'd go for the cheaper and bigger ones too.
We looked near a window with only UV light, under incandescent lights, in direct sunlight, under an LED flashlight, and in a dark interior room that had only the slightest amount of light coming in. My wife wanted to get the smaller ones because she assumed they were cheaper because she couldn't tell the difference. I agree - why not save the money if we can't see a difference!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Gosh those are both gorgeous!

Your wife is a lucky lady!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Both are absolutely beautiful. Go bigger and cheaper

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

File_006.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_002.jpeg
They are gorgeous! Remember, your wife will wear them on her ears, no one will examine the color or clarity from two inches away. I likewise vote for the bigger ones.

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
The ones on the left are CBI/HPD 4.14 tcw H, SI1 stones. The ones on the right are WF ACA 3.84 tcw G, VS2 stones. We can't tell the difference in color and the inclusions are extremely difficult to see with the naked eye (my wife tried and couldn't find them). Their fire/sparkle is nearly identical - we would think one pair looked better, but then turned them slightly and the other pair looked better. We are leaning towards the CBIs because they are larger, same perceived color and light performance, and they are cheaper.

My thesis as well. If you get a great cut, you could go down to I (or even J) and VS2 (or even SI1). And you are better off taking the change and spending on size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look gorgeous! But definitely look at them outside in natural light (not in the sun) before making a final decision. I mentally have a thing about wanting VS2+, but if the clarity doesn't matter, then she can choose based on greater size or higher color grade. She's a lucky lady to get either pair!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They’re all beautiful stones. Did your wife hold them up to her ears to see which size she prefers? I actually returned a pair of earrings because they looked too big to me and I went with a smaller diameter. But most people want as big as possible within their budget!

SeanJ

Rough_Rock
They’re all beautiful stones. Did your wife hold them up to her ears to see which size she prefers? I actually returned a pair of earrings because they looked too big to me and I went with a smaller diameter. But most people want as big as possible within their budget!
She did and prefers the slightly larger ones. She did look at 2.5 ct (5ctw) stones and decided those were too large for her. Of course, I hear she may get used to the "smaller" 4 ctw size and decide she needs to upgrade in the future. :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
She did and prefers the slightly larger ones. She did look at 2.5 ct (5ctw) stones and decided those were too large for her. Of course, I hear she may get used to the "smaller" 4 ctw size and decide she needs to upgrade in the future. :)

Well then it seems like a no-brainer to go with the larger stones, especially since you couldn’t tell a color difference. And yes, these things do tend to shrink over time!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Sigh I have. Much smaller budget . But I am so happy for your wife that she gets fabulous studs.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My eyes immediately went to the CBI. . I dont think I couldn't carry 4 carats but I think if she can go for it. We have a 3.62 paid of studs in our family that sis and I share and they are for special occasions only as they are too big for our ears . But I am about to upgrade my 2.40 to 3.0 for every day. So I say Size does matter. Enjoy lucky wife lucky husband

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes immediately went to the CBI. . I dont think I couldn't carry 4 carats but I think if she can go for it. We have a 3.62 paid of studs in our family that sis and I share and they are for special occasions only as they are too big for our ears . But I am about to upgrade my 2.40 to 3.0 for every day. So I say Size does matter. Enjoy lucky wife lucky husband

It always amazes me how .20-.30 points on the ears makes all the difference in the world.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The left was most pleasing. Congratulations lucky wife!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results