shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud earrings - bought from Mall jewerly store

MFT

Rough_Rock
Thanks tyty333! Those two threads were very helpful. I'm pretty convinced the J color won't be an issue and they do look to be really well cut stones. I think I'm close to a decision...

MFT

Rough_Rock
Well, I decided on the two 0.60 J stones with 3-prong martini earrings. Knowing my wife, she likely won't notice the colour, but she for sure wouldn't say she wants bigger diamonds. So, I figured I would start with the bigger diamond and if she does notice the colour then we can look at our options for smaller and better colour.

Thanks everyone for all your help, hopefully she loves them!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to echo what everyone else is saying: earrings are the best and easiest place to go down in colour, because they're not on the hand and very few people will be inspecting your earlobes ;-)

The colour is hard to detect when they're in her ears. Trust me. Great choice!! Lucky lady!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
MFT|1449458292|3958415 said:
Well, I decided on the two 0.60 J stones with 3-prong martini earrings. Knowing my wife, she likely won't notice the colour, but she for sure wouldn't say she wants bigger diamonds. So, I figured I would start with the bigger diamond and if she does notice the colour then we can look at our options for smaller and better colour.

Thanks everyone for all your help, hopefully she loves them!

Congrats on your choice! Looking forward to seeing photos later on. Hope she loves them! :appl:

MFT

Rough_Rock
Just got a ship notice from James Allen, supposed to arrive tomorrow already! I'll be sure to take pictures when they arrive and post up on the board here. Thanks all for your help!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
wildcat03|1448994394|3956045 said:
MFT|1448992283|3956037 said:
wildcat03|1448991114|3956034 said:
You could always drop the color to "I." And even SI2 would probably be ok if the inclusions were white. That would allow you to increase size.

I wouldn't mind that, but JA diamonds jump from 0.41/0.42 to 0.51+ with nothing in between, which pushes the price up by $1,000 (even when the clarity and color drop). Blue Nile seems to be the same story where it jumps from +/- 0.42 up to 0.50+, accompanied by the expected price jump upon hitting that magic half carat mark.

That makes sense. You could try calling ID Jewelry to see what they could do for you.

I second ID Jewelry. They will work with you to find the best in your budget.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results