shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Setting - Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Ok I finally found the setting I was looking for at a friends jewelry store. I think he's giving me a decent price but I can't seem to find the setting anywhere online to compare price wise! I had to take a picture of it in the catalog so sorry about the bad picture.

Let me know what you guys think! Or if you know of a online retailer that has this setting!

Platinum
TCW = .5
E-F Color
VS1-VS2 Clarity
$1400

I'll probably be putting a .75 weight stone in this setting.

Thanks for the help!
http://24.136.132.38/ring.jpg

DiamondDog

Rough_Rock
This looks like a fair price for the set, I would save yourself time, effort and heartache, and buy the one from your "friend".

If the price includes the matching band, it's a no-brainer.
If it does not, see if you can get him/her to give you a deal on them both.:bigsmile:

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! That price is just for the engagment ring...I'm kinda on a tight budget so I doubt I will be able to swing the extra for the band....I'm guessing that will be a good anniversary present. ;-)

Thanks again!

Any other comments are welcome!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pricing looks pretty good for a .5 TCW..I was looking at some non-similar styles but with diamonds set in the band (either pave or small bead-set) and they were around the same if not MORE (around $2k!)! Did you check out WhiteFlash.Com, they have an amazing amount of beautiful settings that range from mainstream to original--prices are great as well.

But if you have already built a relationship with this jeweler, or he is a friend, maybe try to negotiate things down a bit, as he will know you are on a budget and maybe want to help!

Best of luck--in my opinion the setting is just as important as the diamond, though I know many would not agree. I view it as a 'package' deal, as its not just the diamond, but rather about viewing a ring from a holistic perspective! My boyfriend says that's a way to just get more diamonds around the band..who knows, maybe he is right!

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the help!

I agree with what your saying. I have looked at whiteflash.com and I may have another look. I may just go with this setting...depends on what he is able to find for me stone wise to go with it.

I may just order the stone online because he just doesn't seem to know a whole lot about diamonds and he owns the store. I feel like I've learned more from this site than the average sales person knows and I find it hard to talk to them because I know half of whats coming out of their mouth is just plain BS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results