shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond set on prong??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just lookin

Rough_Rock
sooo.. i had an idea... instead of a pave halo ring, which seems to be very popular with the pricescope crowd.. what about a 6 or 8 prong solitaire set with tiny diamonds on the top of the prong? has anyone seen a diamond set on top of a prong before? any pictures out there..

just wondering if this idea would look good or silly?

thanks!
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think that would be very practical being that the prongs are what tend to get the most abuse. those little diamonds wouldn''t have a chance!

just lookin

Rough_Rock
even if they were set flush into the prong??

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad you posted this topic. I was at Costco last night and had to stop at the jewelry section and saw exactly what you are talking about it!! I took a pic of it last night with my camera phone, not the best shot.
It did look very pretty! I liked it a lot!

Again, I apoligize for the blurry photo!

diamondpointprongs.jpg

just lookin

Rough_Rock
i hate to say it.. but i originally saw this on a pair of princess cut stud earings on QVC :) they were only at the 4 corners, but i thought it might look pretty on an oval or round that had more prongs. i''m so glad this exists! on that ring were the diamonds on the prongs square? how big do you think they were??

thanks again for the picture!!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
No, they were round. they were small but at the same time big enough that I was like, wow are those diamonds set on the prongs? It''s hard to say size wise.

I just thought it was a cute touch, never have seen it before!

just lookin

Rough_Rock
i hadn''t either until i was diamonique shopping (don''t know if that is a dirty word here:)

i started thinking that this might be a fun touch in lieu of the halo. still adding some oomph to the stone, without being trendy? if it even is? i don''t know... seems very popular here, although i''ve only seen one halo ring in town.

do you think this is something that would have to be custom made?? i''ll research this afternoon.. maybe they are out there, but i''ve never paid any attention:)

anyone else seen something similar??

thanks againg for the picture! i''m so glad it exists!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here you go JL.
40000.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
The one Tony posted really doesn''t look like the one I saw. Tony''s diamonds seem to be like a bezel setting.
Maybe it would be a custom job? Haven''t seen to many around to think otherwise. I''m trying to search for some pictures but having no luck!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The only ones I''ve seen that done on have blocky 4-prong heads where there are 4 massive square prongs and someone''s mounted a diamond on top of each prong. Diamonds by Nicole store on ebay has a couple like that.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2005 1:04:51 PM
Author: AdaBeta27
The only ones I''ve seen that done on have blocky 4-prong heads where there are 4 massive square prongs and someone''s mounted a diamond on top of each prong. Diamonds by Nicole store on ebay has a couple like that.
Kinda like this scary one?

scaryebaydiamondprongs.jpg

just lookin

Rough_Rock
i can''t, for the life of me, upload the picture of the example i saw.. but i would say they were more "prong set" on the prong then bezel set.. does that make any sense?

i''m going to check out those links!

just lookin

Rough_Rock
that giant one was scary! it was definately more like pyramid''s link.. the red nails picture.

my computer is not behaving today! can''t upload a thing! bad computer!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Angel, I don''t find that one scary, just styled for a very large woman with bad taste. ;-) This one is the DBN example.

dbn30800046a.jpg

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2005 9:40:11 AM
Author: belle
i don''t think that would be very practical being that the prongs are what tend to get the most abuse. those little diamonds wouldn''t have a chance!

It would probably depend on how they were set. I''ve seen some very pretty mountings with pave prongs. I suppose diamonds set on the tops of the prongs wouldn''t take any more abuse than those. Bezel set diamonds would probably be pretty safe. I just bet the prongs would have to be substantial just to be big enough to hold an diamond worth setting, though. And the center stone would have to be VERY substantial not to be overwhelmed by diamond-tipped prongs I''m thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results