shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond sellers, I know you will hate me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Today, I went in Antwerp.
That''s 40 miles away from my home...
2.gif

I found a nice shop, they sells AGS 0 certed ideal cut H&A''s...
I had a look with the viewer, and they H&A''s were just perfect...
The angles were in the sweet zone (pav 40.5-40.8, crown 34.3-34.9)...
No depth above 61.4%...
All the diamonds had fluorescence=none !
And... their price is... rapaport - 22% !!!
So, in the future, don''t pay to much !
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

skibum

Rough_Rock
hey steph,
This doesn't do us very much good. I've been surfing the net for months now, and 22 off list is not what I've been seeing. Are you offering to shop in Antwer for us?

Cheers
David

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the info.. that's very helpful when i need to buy one in future.. :razz:

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
My post hurts the diamond-trade in the US.
I want to apologize with all the serious and honnest diamond dealers you can meet on this forum. You have to know that even the full service jewelers on the net do not often buy their diamonds at such a price, so how could they sell ideal-cuts with a reduction of 22%? They don't try to rip people off, they just have to live. You all know that the jewelers on this forum will offer you a lot of services and informations, so keep buying the right way.
A honnest jeweler will always help you, give you the best advice, and will accept uprgades of your diamond.
And you won't need to fly to Belgium.
2.gif

I didn' realize that this post would hurt so much, so I apologize again.
I met some friendly dealers on this forum, and I'd like to keep good relations.

PS: Don't private me, I won't tell you where I found such prices.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/20/2003 6:18:19 AM Stephan wrote:

----------------

oh you tease, you...
9.gif
2.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Stephan,
----------------
----------------
Stephan, why not to post it openly? Share the shop address and name with others please.

22% off for AGS0 is pretty good indeed
4.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
If I am banned, I will not be angry because I act badly.
If I am not, then I will be happy.
Please, don't laugh at me!
I apologize all the friendly dealers I had the pleasure to met on this forum.
Hope I can stay!
sick.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 7/20/2003 6:57:30 AM Stephan wrote:
Hope I can stay!
sick.gif
----------------
Stephan:

If you read the post directly before your last post in this thread it reads:

Stephan, why not to post it openly? Share the shop address and name with others please.

22% off for AGS0 is pretty good indeed
4.gif

The individual who is telling you to post openly is this sites developer and is the only one who can take you off this site and ban you. Leonid is giving you his consent on posting so no worries....

-Josh

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I know who is Leonid...
9.gif

baloo

Rough_Rock
I know you begged us not to laugh at you, but I can't help myself.
naughty.gif

What have you done to make you think everyone hates you ? You've made a very general statement without any factual proof or without anyone else backing you up.

As a consumer here, someone who would find your amazing news more beneficial than the resellers, I can assure you that you have said nothing at all that would stop me from contacting the sellers most recomended from on this site.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I already said it, keep buying at the right places...
twirl.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Bull?
Is this a rude term?
My English is very bad, sorry...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Bull.....baloney.....nonsense.

I don't believe it.

What lab was certifying the stones?

I think the sellers were pulling your leg.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
OK, sorry, I misunderstand you.
The diamonds were AGS certed.
I have to take a shower and go eat.
Will be back later.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It reminds me of the ploy often pulled by jewelers, where they tell a customer they paid too much for their diamond, and they could have supplied the diamond for "X" amount of dollars less, or a certain percentage under Rap.

Or where they pull out stones and quote them for lower than they really sell them, trying to make you think that they are "THE" place to buy diamonds.

Then when you get down to the brass tacks, they start to come up with reasons why they can't sell that particular stone, or can't bring in what you want at the price they originally quoted. All kinds of excuses.

Or, they show you stones at that price, and when you get down to the nitty gritty there's always a reason why the stone is selling so cheap. Graded by EGL with a Sarin assigned "AGS-0", or some kind of problem with the stone.

I bet if you had pulled out your wallet and said to them, "Okay, I'll take six of those H&A AGS-0 non-fluorescent stones for 22 back of Rap", all of a sudden they would start to do some fast backpedaling, giving you reasons why they couldn't sell them right at that moment, or starting to show you stones that fell out of those parameters.

Talk is cheap. It's only when you start laying down real money for diamonds that you find out the true story.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
You are perhaps right.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 7/20/2003 11:36:47 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

"Talk is cheap. It's only when you start laying down real money for diamonds that you find out the true story."

It's not just this quotation that I like, it's your whole tone, Richard. You are so confident and..uh...manly ;-). Watch yourself, big guy ;-).

read.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Stephan,

Curious as I am, I would like to check out this shop for myself.

Can you give me their co-ordinates in a private e-mail?

Thanks,

Paul

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please tell Paul.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stephan there was nothing wrong with your post!
1.gif
As a consumer based forum, this forum is here to help consumers make educated decisions on stones. If people are willing to fly to Antwerp and try their luck at a store such as this, they may get a great deal!
1.gif
Otherwise they must go with avenues more available to them. But it's good to know that there are stores such as this (if it's legit) for people in your area.

I'd love to see these stones for 22 off Rap!!
1.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
The tone of this particular post has left me with doubts. As a consumer, I'm most often happy to share a good experience, at least in private. There's something fishy about the way this sounds.

However.

I've been helping a friend shop, and we've been surprised to find h&a's with the "right" proportions and AGS reports, high in their weight category even, at about 20 back, right here on pricescope.

They are Indian stones. I find this intriguing after seeing the posts here about the new Indian sightholders. Some folks there appear to be doing nice work...light performance in the one we looked at wasn't the very best, but they will continue to improve to the point that I expect this has some long time producers quite scared.

And they're not afraid for their goods show up here at quite a discount
1.gif
. It is good news for consumers I think.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Furthermore...the intense heat has sapped all my energies today...but no worries about a beating... your post is definitely on the money. Airfare would be costly, and discount goes poof. But still an interesting concept and good news for those in the Antwerp area...as long as it's legit!

9.gif

I'm a luvver not a fighter! Well unless it's one of those days...
5.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/20/2003 6:57:30 AM Stephan wrote:
Hope I can stay!
sick.gif

----------------
Yada yada, drama queen!
rolleyes.gif

----------------
On 7/20/2003 6:18:19 AM Stephan wrote:
----------------
Well, put up or shut up!
3.gif

bull.gif

Seriously though, don't post something you think everyone will find unbelieveable and then refuse to give any more details...
sick.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
This 0.895 G-VS1 came with an AGS report, 54 table 34.5 crown 40.9 pavilion, verified as h&a by my jeweler. Ran just under $3400, I think that's just over 20 back.

It may not have been the very best performer, but I think the tradeoff at that price is a reasonable one.

As long as there's a market for stones like this (I think there is), the Indian cutters will make them.

895handa.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Tuesday, I will have a phone call with the shop.
If they agree, I will post all the information about them.
I don't want them to have problems because it's not my last diamond purchase, and it's possible that I will buy there again, and if I buy not there, I will buy a diamond of Paul-Antwerp who is very friendly (and his prices are quite fair too).
As Furthermore says, come only to Antwerp if you are looking for a very big and expensive diamond...
Here in Antwerp, you only will find 2-3 dealers who sell H&A's.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Is it cool to have a free advertising if you can't buy rough anymore?
2.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
lol
Ok, perhaps am I a little parano...
9.gif

skibum

Rough_Rock
OK....finally made it back to a PC
Stephan, assuming you post their name, and they maintain their price, how do I take advantage of it? I've been looking around, mostly on the net: the prices here are very good, and armed with the knowledge I gained on PriceScope, I feel I've found equal goods outside of this forum. Without flying to Antwerp (about $1000 roundtrip at a quick glance on expedia + $125 per night in hotels (or will you put me up?) and FOOD (I hear food over there is better than Rocky Mountain Oysters), how can this help me? A dealer I have been communicating with mentions that importing into this country can be expensive, especially if the diamond is mounted, but you can bring it in for nothing if it's on your finger, but then you have all the expenses.
No, even if it costs a few % more, I think I'll deal with a vendor over here.
Thanks for nothing.

cheers
David

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
That's what I keep telling you:
keep buying the right way, or come live in Belgium.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results