shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
I need your help and opinions.
I posted last week about a diamond I had just bought. One of my questions was about the diamond''s AGS cert that said that there were two AGSL numbers inscribed on the diamond. One of you pointed out (JohnQuixote) that it had visited AGS twice, most likely because it had beed traded up or turned around very quickly. (thanks for your comments)
I got curious today and wanted to verify that in fact both AGSL numbers are inscribed on the diamond and could only find the number of the most recent cert.

This has me a bit worried since I don''t see why AGS would take off an old number, and why they would say there are two on the girdle if there aren''t.
I really don''t know what to make of this and would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Often an old number has become almost impossible to find because the original dark vapourized carbon has come out of the laser etched characters during setting / ring sizing heat and acids processes. It may be there but incredibly hard to spot.

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help.
My only concern is that the AGSL numbers are so close to eachother (within a few months) according to someone who responded last time and looked up the numbers for me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
johnquixote always gets the credit.
34.gif
35.gif

both numbers are valid according to the ags report check.

of course, someone else can verify that (JQ??)

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
I haven''t asked yet. I plan to this afternoon.

Is it possible that there were several diamonds sold under the same cert?

Thanks.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results