shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked up my Princess!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
I have been reading this forum for several weeks and have benefited from the wealth of knowledge that you all have. Thank you!

After much reading, I finally bought the stone today that I plan to propose with this coming December. Here are the stats:

Princess .702 cts
4.92x4.84
Cut - AGS Ideal 0
Color - AGS 0 (D)
Clarity - AGS 3 (VS1)
Table - 63.1%
Total Depth - 73.7%
Crown height: 13.2%
Crown angle: 37.2
Pavilion height: 58.6%
Pavilion Angle: 39.7
Girdle: 1.6-2.7%
Polish: Ideal
Sym: Ideal
$3400 out the door.

I would very much appreciate all of your opinons on this stone, as I have a few days left to decide if I want to keep it.
Do you think that I should get ASET and ideal scope images done on this stone?
Does anyone know why the AGS cert would say that "AGSL 8814101" AND "AGSL 8589101" have been inscribed on the diamond?
Is the girdle too thin?
Here are the best pics I could take:

.70 PC D VS1 005.JPG

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 1:09:37 AM
Author:Jeffbritt
I have been reading this forum for several weeks and have benefited from the wealth of knowledge that you all have. Thank you!

After much reading, I finally bought the stone today that I plan to propose with this coming December. Here are the stats:

Princess .702 cts
4.92x4.84
Cut - AGS Ideal 0
Color - AGS 0 (D)
Clarity - AGS 3 (VS1)
Table - 63.1%
Total Depth - 73.7%
$3400 out the door.

I would very much appreciate all of your opinons on this stone, as I have a few days left to decide if I want to keep it.
Does anyone know why the AGS cert would say that ''AGSL 8814101'' AND ''AGSL 8589101'' have been inscribed on the diamond?
Is the girdle too thin?
Here are the best pics I could take:
I cannot say anything about the princess except that the AGS0 princess should be eye pleasing.
I am just replying here so experts can chime in for you on time early morning.
Congrats for your engagement. Make it perfect.

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Before going to bed, I am doing it again.

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
I''m looking forward to some input from all the experts here!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you're welcome! we're glad you're here!

Princess .702 cts

4.92x4.84

Cut - AGS Ideal 0

Color - AGS 0 (D)

Clarity - AGS 3 (VS1)

Table - 63.1%

Total Depth - 73.7%

$3400 out the door.

looks like it should be a beauty!
i don't think so. you have a current ags grading report (the very best you can get for a princess cut!!) and you have seen it yourself. you can't do better than that!

Does anyone know why the AGS cert would say that 'AGSL 8814101' AND 'AGSL 8589101' have been inscribed on the diamond?
likely it was graded (and inscribed)at ags before and then sent back for regrading (and inscribed) once the light performance grades for princess cuts was introduced. basically it made the grade twice!

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input.
Do you think the price is reasonable?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Does anyone know why the AGS cert would say that 'AGSL 8814101' AND 'AGSL 8589101' have been inscribed on the diamond?
Maybe the diamond was bought and turned-around fast (a return or trade-up)? If it was out for even a short period of time the dealer may have submitted it for a new document.

Completely aside from anything that matters, it provides an opportunity to compare the same diamond graded by a premier lab twice, with a couple hundred-thousand diamonds in-between: Reports with numbers circa 8.59 million were late spring-early summer. The 8.81 millions were late summer, so it visited AGSL twice in several months.

http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqdf.php?StoneID=8589101&Weight=.702&D=1
http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqdf.php?StoneID=8814101&Weight=.702&D=1

Considering the number of diamonds being scanned each day that's pretty good consistency. Aside from normal calibration, the stage (and surrounding air!) must be kept completely clean and particle-free for best results. Table % is always the hardest to acquire, since the diamond rests table-down on the platform, which bears out here.

Jeffbritt, this has nothing to do with anything other than me = geek...If the scans were available I'd be off comparing the clarity plots too. Everything looks great on your selection by the way.

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback.
I thought I had found a great stone, but it feels even better to have some experts tell me so too!
Now I just need to get the setting made and plan the proposal. I have a little over a month so.....
31.gif

Thanks!

diamanteperfetto

Rough_Rock
Best of luck to you! Please share pictures after you have it made.

Jeffbritt

Rough_Rock
I will!
I''m having a jeweler model me a custom ring using attributes from two others that I can''t decide between.
I can''t wait to see it.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results