shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond ruby bracelet

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Russian, 14k gold, diamond, and ruby, and made prior to 1899.

The sceptre and two crossed anchors stamp denotes St Petersburg and the “56” mark is the ‘Zlotnik’ which was the unit of measurement for gold prior to 1899 (56=14k). “IG” is the maker’s mark.

The diamonds are mostly mine cuts, although without a photo from the top showing all the stones face up, it’s not clear if any have been a later replacement. I’m uneducated in rubies but someone else here might be able to tell you if they are original.

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 41

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
There are several websites that sell bracelets like this, though they are rare pieces and very lovely.

I would first check out Lang, Walton’s, and Ruby Lane for comparables, and once you find some similar bracelets, you’ll have better idea. You’ll need to measure the stones using a metric caliper (try Amazon) to provide details of diameter and depth to the prospective buyers. You can then estimate total carat weight of diamond and also of ruby. After that, you may wish to list the bracelet on LoupeTroop where many PS-eras (including me!) search for special pieces.

If you prefer to consign the jewel rather than selling privately, there are several vendors you could contact, including LoveAffair Diamonds, Jewels by Grace, and of course, Lang and Walton’s. (Note: other PS-ers will know best which consignment house gives which rates; sorry but I don’t have that information). Hopefully others will chime in here.

Congratulations on inheriting such a romantic and beautiful piece! I’m jealous.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I cannot name a price... Lang could www

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should refer that bangle to a jeweller / appraiser of Antique Russian jewellery.
The bangle could be worth far more than the content of its gold, diamonds and rubies. It could be from a Farberge workmaster and that adds multiple thousands to the value.
As a 14kt gold ruby and diamond bangle, perhaps $10,000 - if a Faberge piece, probably $50,000 plus.
Please seek appropriate advice before accepting any offers to buy.

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you all so much for the information! I will see if I can find someone or somewhere that specializes in Russian antiques

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
I’ve looked for the “IG” makers mark and come up empty but will definitely delve into that too

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Romanov_russia (IG name, they also have a website and are located in Chicago) sell Russian antique jewelry, you may want to contact/check them out.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
That is an excellent suggestion @EC8
They’re experts, I suspect

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know nothing about rubies but I know your bracelet has magnificent color antique cut rubies and very white (colorless) looking antique cut diamonds. Please don’t sell it without truly knowing what you’ve got. I suspect this is a rare piece.

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
My great aunt who passed it to me said that the stones were special, and I have a ruby ring made from one of the earrings that went with it. She sai the same thing, don’t sell it as regular rubies and diamonds that the rubies were not altered and that they were very good color

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
My great aunt who passed it to me said that the stones were special, and I have a ruby ring made from one of the earrings that went with it. She sai the same thing, don’t sell it as regular rubies and diamonds that the rubies were not altered and that they were very good color

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You seem to have inherited some very special pieces. Hopefully you don’t need to sell any of them but if you do, make sure you get them appraised properly so to ensure you receive a fair price. Remember that the Russian Provence of the bracelet adds $$$$ to the value even if not Faberge.
Antique Russian jewellery is very collectible and hard to find.
I watched one of those TV shows where a Woman thought getting $10,000 for a Ruby she found in an old box of her late mother’s was like winning the Lottery.. that Ruby was worth closer to $100,000 than $10,000 and it made me feel angry.

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
Here’s the ring made from the stones from one of the earrings shown with bracelet for comparison, do they appear similar in cut and color ( my eye is very much not trained in this) 8FE88730-088F-4566-B57D-E5F08E66D62F.jpeg 121F5FF1-114F-4213-B8D4-B63027BE7B4C.jpeg D6A67C90-CF3F-4B66-AFE8-9AC5A6732465.jpeg 6A7F43A8-1101-4752-894B-583A5A67E748.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Here’s the ring made from the stones from one of the earrings shown with bracelet for comparison, do they appear similar in cut and color ( my eye is very much not trained in this) 8FE88730-088F-4566-B57D-E5F08E66D62F.jpeg 121F5FF1-114F-4213-B8D4-B63027BE7B4C.jpeg D6A67C90-CF3F-4B66-AFE8-9AC5A6732465.jpeg 6A7F43A8-1101-4752-894B-583A5A67E748.jpeg

This is just stunning!!! Oh I hope you can keep this stunning bracelet and ring. What an heirloom. I just love the color of the rubies.

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
Well Romanov didn’t have any input beyond asking how much I wanted to sell it for, hopefully Lang has some interest in helping identify

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
to my very untrained eye they look very beautiful and compliment each other perfectly

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a gorgeous bracelet!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If Romanov won’t help, contact Dave Atlas for an appraisal, and ask Jewels by Grace or Lang if they will consign, and how much you could expect to get. If the net value isn’t high enough to your liking, list it (once appraised) on LoupeTroop.

:)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is an amazing piece! Stones look exceptional and it could have provenance. I highly doubt 10 K, I would be guessing much higher even if not Faberge, due to the quality of the stones and Russian origin. Of course we cannot say for sure based on pix, I second going to a PS recommended appraiser. Sell only if you must. Otherwise prices on rarities continue going up and ruby prices seem to be skyrocketing. Keep us posted!!!

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
Well, update .....Dave atlas didn’t know anything about maker or value beyond sending it to auction house.
I’m assuming that faberge would be more commonly identifiable and sadly the piece does need to be sold.... part of me wants to just put it on etsyhaha but I think I am more rational than that!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that you have to sell it. That piece is a rare treasure. Good luck. It is such a lovely piece.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, update .....Dave atlas didn’t know anything about maker or value beyond sending it to auction house.
I’m assuming that faberge would be more commonly identifiable and sadly the piece does need to be sold.... part of me wants to just put it on etsyhaha but I think I am more rational than that!!!

just curious
was Daves recommendation for an auction house a generic ‘send it to auction to see where the bids end up at’ or was it a specific auction house that has Russian jewelry knowledge and can really give you good info on value?

If so- would be worth thinking about sending to that auction house? I don’t think you are then committed to actually putting up for auction at that point?
Lovely piece!

and really - you got absolutely no value estimate at all from Dave? Is that a chargeable result? I know it’s still his time and his job, but curious, again.

Abrhm

Rough_Rock
No, there was no specific auction house. Just “see what an auction house thinks it would sell for” and yes there was no estimate from him. I completely understand too, that it’s probably more about the makers mark, which is a pretty highly specialized area I’m sure when it comes to old Russian stuff.
I know the stones are really nice and original and also that the mark could possibly add some value.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
How I wish I, myself, could find the funds! I hope it goes to a home that will appreciate and give it the care it deserves

What a special piece that is a privilege to see.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Still think it is out of this world amazing and I am not even a ruby or bracelet person usually and defo not a YG person but this !!!

L

lydial

You should contact Freeman’s auction in Philadelphia. They get top dollar for jewelry. If it is legit they will be able to prove it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results