shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Quality: Experts Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lesson101

Rough_Rock
my boyfriend bought a .58 carat diamond solitaire ring 2 years ago from Tiffiny's as a xmas gift. We are now engaged and thinking about uprading the ring to possibly a 1 carat. He bought the ring from Tiffiny's because he did not want to compromise quality at the time (I would have rather he purchased the ring from another trusted jeweler). Should we stick to upgrading the Tiffiny ring (which would cost roughly 5k)? Or should we resell and buy our ring at another trusted jeweler so that we could get the same quality for a lower price? (estimated retail replacement value is approx $4500).
And, would anything less than a carat still be considered an investment?

Also, can you give us some insight on the quality of this ring? And thoughts on how we could upgrade the quality of it?

Cut/Shape: Round Brilliant
measurements: 5.35-5.38 x 3.29 mm.
weight: .58 carat
depth: 61.3
table: 56%
girdle thickness: thin to medium/FAC
culet size: small
polish: good
symmetry: good
clarity grade: VS2
color: H
Fluorescence: None

Thanks so much! Your help is greatly appreciated.

lesson101

Rough_Rock
sorry everyone.. i didn't realize it while I was typing, but I mispelled "Tiffany." I am as anal about spelling as i am about diamonds. :)

I hope to hear feedback from someone soon. Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lesson101,

I checked internet prices. Similar GIA graded stones are listed for about 1,400$.

Based on the data, I cannot say anything negative about this stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results