shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pricing Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocknovice

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for a diamond with the following specs and need some help to determine the size I should look for based on my budget. I''m looking for the following...

1 - 1.25 cts (depending on my budget tbd)
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Cut: AGS0 - HCA No Flourescence

It is my understanding that prices are based on the rap report. The tables on it are based on carat weight ranges. My choice of 1-1.25cts F SI1 puts me on one cell of one table. So, can I expect the diamonds I find to have a similar price per carat. If so, what do you think I should pay for this type of diamond (per carat).

Given the cut quality I listed, how much variation in $/ct should I see. Also, how will the color or inclusions in the SI1 diamonds effect the price much assuming they are true F SI1''s.

I did a price analysis on pricescope, but because I think it probably includes many flourescent diamonds, the numbers aren''t too useful. Also, in the AGS 1A range, there are probably a lot of diamonds with an HCA > 2. I have no idea how skewed the numbers are toward diamonds I dont want.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results