Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pricing Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocknovice

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for a diamond with the following specs and need some help to determine the size I should look for based on my budget. I''m looking for the following...

1 - 1.25 cts (depending on my budget tbd)
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Cut: AGS0 - HCA No Flourescence

It is my understanding that prices are based on the rap report. The tables on it are based on carat weight ranges. My choice of 1-1.25cts F SI1 puts me on one cell of one table. So, can I expect the diamonds I find to have a similar price per carat. If so, what do you think I should pay for this type of diamond (per carat).

Given the cut quality I listed, how much variation in $/ct should I see. Also, how will the color or inclusions in the SI1 diamonds effect the price much assuming they are true F SI1''s.

I did a price analysis on pricescope, but because I think it probably includes many flourescent diamonds, the numbers aren''t too useful. Also, in the AGS 1A range, there are probably a lot of diamonds with an HCA > 2. I have no idea how skewed the numbers are toward diamonds I dont want.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.