shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond prices!

mmi

Shiny_Rock
Could you guys tell me your experiences with the diamond price increases over the past year or so? I've been doing Bluenile diamond searches for years and I realized that what once cost 6k now costs 8k. It makes me reluctant to buy a diamond if these prices could go down in the future!

Just wondering if anyone is fretting a little over this...

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain! :errrr:

Here's a thread I posted asking about diamond prices recently:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-the-liw-who-havent-bought-a-stone-ring-yet.162817/

Here's another thread by MissStepCut also touching on the escalating prices:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/x-sized-diamond-now-or-twice-as-big-in-a-year.162652/

It seems like the prices *may* start to at least stabilize now, but I'm not sure how long that will last or if the prices will go back down. Some say it's unlikely. :sick:

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Obviously we are all speculating at this point, but I'm also in the group that doubts that prices will come down much. My boyfriend and I bought a stone over the summer for that very reason. We'd looked at a cushion last summer with ERD and in one year it went up in price about 20 - 30% (they don't currently have one with the exact specs, so I am taking a rough guess here based on current inventory online.) So we were worried that if we didn't buy soon, there would be little hope of being able to afford the size that I wanted. (And really, even I had my limits on how much should be spent on a piece of jewelry, even if we could have/would have saved up the difference to purchase later.) But to reinforce my suspicions, last week I was watching a 1ct AVC from GOG that went up 10% over the weekend. :-o Sigh.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Prices only seem to be going up...I wouldn't count on them going down. :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results