shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Prices are rising

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am seeing for the first time that some of the big diamond manufacturing units in Surat India are raising prices.
If retail sales have dropped by 30%, and manufacturing has dropped by 70% - it spells SADs.
Supply And Demand.
I am hearing every day that this companies sales office, or that ones factory have had several new case of Covid.
Just bought 6 figures worth in the nick of time!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
interesting times

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am seeing for the first time that some of the big diamond manufacturing units in Surat India are raising prices.
If retail sales have dropped by 30%, and manufacturing has dropped by 70% - it spells SADs.
Supply And Demand.
I am hearing every day that this companies sales office, or that ones factory have had several new case of Covid.
Just bought 6 figures worth in the nick of time!

Feeling optimistic today Garry? The world is basically at a standstill (with real no end in sight just yet). Sure, retail is working as permissible in different parts of the world, but its a full Yo-Yo ride thus far.

On the wholesale level, its way to early to even speculate. Again, sure some popular items are in demand and short supply..., but that is just a drop in the bucket. What about all the rest calculated at-least at 130,000,000 cts of global rough production every year for the last decade plus.

Did I say Ctrl-Alt-Del already? I put a few words together on my blog about it, if you feel like entering my mind on this, feel free to read.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm with Yoram on this one.....
Yes, there are shortages in the NY market in certain areas....yet I've had zero issues getting what we need.
It's still well to early to make any sort of accurate prediction.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some more fresh info...

A False Dawn? Polished Diamond Price Index Falls Slightly in June

July 07, 20 by IDEX Online

Idex.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results