shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond price raise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
In another thread I read something about the "January price increase" for diamonds. I''ve never heard of this. Do the prices of diamonds go up in the beginning of the year?

I''ve also heard that diamonds cost less during certain seasons than others, summer being the least expensive time and Dec-Feb being the most expensive. Is there any truth to this?

I know I''m not going to be able to time my way into a super-cheap diamond, but if I can save a little money, that would be great. And if I can use this information to convince hubby he has to spring for diamonds sooner rather than later...
31.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
According to IDEX, recent price fluctuations are withing +/- 1% range... Seasonal fluctuations should not be any significant to notice

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
the good news is that i heard prices are lower than they were last year at this time!

eta: http://www.idexonline.com/portal_FullNews.asp?id=26620

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty much every year Debeers raises the prices of rough in late Jan early Feb.
This pushes the prices of cut diamonds up pretty much as soon as they anounce it.
Last year it was 2% with a 2% increase in fees for a total increase of 4% on most goods. The year before that it was an effective 8% increase on most goods.
The rest of the year for the most part prices bounce around a bit from the new prices but not a whole lot unless there is a mid year increase from DeBeers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results