shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond price/quality evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ed diamond

Rough_Rock
i can purchase the following round diamond with the following specs.:
H, vs2, egl cert, 8.2x8.24x4.95, depth 60.5,
table 57.7, crown angle 33.5, pav. depth 43.6
(ags1?cut)price is $17480. the stone looks pretty good the numbers came from the egl cert. is this reputable or should i ask that it be sent to gia/ags? what do you think of the price/quality?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
hmm... what carat weight was that? forget it ... judging by the dimensions you listed it appears the diamond weighs approximately 2.04ct Am I close? In any caes a 2.04ct H VS2 round from EGL you may find you can pick up for quite a bit less. Even a couple of G's less. Not that all EGL diamonds stink, but when you're comparing it'd be a good idea to compare an EGL VS2 with a GIA or AGS VS2 for comparison sakes and see if you see a difference under the microscope (preferably) or at least a 10x triplet loupe. Many of us have noted that EGL tends to be a little liberal in their gradings. Are you looking at diamonds in a mall store or with a local jewelry store?Peace,
Rhino------------------
To see and learn the most critical information you can before the purchase visit "The Ultimate Diamond Information Site" at www.goodoldgold.com

ed diamond

Rough_Rock
good guess on the carat weight it was 2.02. shopping in chicago at the downtown jewelers row. the stone looks good and comes up as a 1.9 on the cut advisor. however, i think i will take a pass because the jeweler does not want to send it to gia or ags for a rating even if i pay. egl was also missing polish symmetry and flouresence. i'd hate to buy it and have it come up lower on the color or clarity scale. i'm sure there are others out there. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results