shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond possible 60/60 or should I have it re-cut

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think the trade professionals can confirm if I’m correct, but I do believe that the style of your mounting is such that you would be able to still use your ring for another stone if a different size. They would just use a smaller head if your current one is too large. But there is often a variance where a certain size head can work for a specific “range” of mm size so whether you did a recut or a trade, you may even still be able to use that as is.
The side view is VERY pretty and sure looks way more colorless than a J!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cloudiness or haze is something, unless very extreme, that is far too subtle to be picked up by that photograph, and really even magnified ones.

GlitzGirl

Rough_Rock
I will have my diamond looked at for cloudiness when I go see the Hearts on Fire diamonds.

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge and thoughts.

GlitzGirl

Rough_Rock
Just posting a follow-up.

I bought a magnasonic ultrasonic and really got my diamond clean.

Went to the nearest Hearts on Fire dealer and compared my stone to a 1. 25ct AGS000 Hearts on Fire 'J' SI1 (same colour and clarity as mine...although mine is 1.71ct).

Before the jeweller brought out the stone he told me I'd be dissappointed when I saw the difference. I said I was a big girl and just wanted to know ...and see them side by side.

We compared them for a long time with magnifiets and in different lighting.

I think I was expecting way more sparkle from the Hearts on Fire.

My stone, although a 4.2 on the HCA seemed to me to sparkle just as much.

I mean just 'maybe' there was a tiny difference with the hearts on fire being a teeny weenie bit more sparkly.... but they were very very close.

My stone also appeared the same colour as the hearts on fire J if not more white.

The HOF had no flouresence at all...mine has a strong blue but no haze or milkiness.

I showed the jeweller my GIA certificate and he agreed my ring was actually very sparkly. I think he was surprised too.

So I left happy with what I have. I will no longer ponder a re-cut or think of selling my diamond. Whew! A relief!

I'm so glad I went to see them side by side. Thanks to those of you that suggested I do this.

Just odd that I couldn't really see a difference.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Just posting a follow-up.

I bought a magnasonic ultrasonic and really got my diamond clean.

Went to the nearest Hearts on Fire dealer and compared my stone to a 1. 25ct AGS000 Hearts on Fire 'J' SI1 (same colour and clarity as mine...although mine is 1.71ct).

Before the jeweller brought out the stone he told me I'd be dissappointed when I saw the difference. I said I was a big girl and just wanted to know ...and see them side by side.

We compared them for a long time with magnifiets and in different lighting.

I think I was expecting way more sparkle from the Hearts on Fire.

My stone, although a 4.2 on the HCA seemed to me to sparkle just as much.

I mean just 'maybe' there was a tiny difference with the hearts on fire being a teeny weenie bit more sparkly.... but they were very very close.

My stone also appeared the same colour as the hearts on fire J if not more white.

The HOF had no flouresence at all...mine has a strong blue but no haze or milkiness.

I showed the jeweller my GIA certificate and he agreed my ring was actually very sparkly. I think he was surprised too.

So I left happy with what I have. I will no longer ponder a re-cut or think of selling my diamond. Whew! A relief!

I'm so glad I went to see them side by side. Thanks to those of you that suggested I do this.

Just odd that I couldn't really see a difference.

So happy to hear this! You have a lovely ring. Now enjoy it!

I have AGS little RB studs that I love! My ER falls short on a lot of “ideal numbers” and guess what, side by side my ER holds its own against my AGS studs.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A good ending! ALways judge your diamond by your own eyes, not what is on the paper. Maybe if you were starting from scratch you would do things differently. *shrug* been there, done that! But you have this diamond and so it's best to do a realistic assessment like you did.

Enjoy!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Excellent, very sensible to do these simple steps before making huge plans that might leave you underwhelmed.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I just read through this thread all the way to the happy ending! Yay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results