shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Outlook Shows Dwindling Supplies, Rising Prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Interesting article. Thanks.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do think that a consumer should read this article with some extra background information.

Personally, I do agree that we are seeing and will see a continued increase in prices of rough diamonds. However, the consumer is not buying rough diamonds, but the result after cutting and marketing.

Since all diamond companies are pushed to increase their marketing ability and to go more downstream, the marketing of diamonds becomes a more streamlined operation, and I do not really expect the price of finished diamonds to increase dramatically.

Live long,

Paul

flyingharp

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Paul, for the "dealer's perspective" and your insightful comments.

I agree with you that we need to be reading the trade press more critically than we do. I wonder: if an article like that were to appear in the newspapers, would it spark a mass rush to the jewellery shops. Very convenient timing in the lead-up to the holiday season... Hmmm

Another one for the conspiracy theorists...
9.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Being an uneducated consumer who had difficulty understanding much of this, what stood out for me was (1) alarm - diamond shortage, rising prices (2) look at these wonderful man made diamonds! Seemed like another plug for man-mades, like they are preparing us for a future full of them.

Just my ignorant take - I'd like to hear more from those in the know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results