shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond opinions ? Experts pls help

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Omg!? The top one looks bigger to you?

The way you put it, I’m currently in a K. So going to a g is a heck of a change.

Sigh….. lol

You are all correct!!!!! F on bottom

Can anyone see the inclusion on the F in any of the pics ?

Funny I was praying for the gsi1 a few weeks ago, now I have 10k and can’t make a decision to save my life

It’s absolutely impossible to tell size difference looking down at the top when their diameters are that close. Any impression of size difference from the picture, if it exists, is due to camera angle. If the hand isn’t perfectly flat, one diamond is higher up than another and closer to the camera — etc.

Put my vote with the F VS stone.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I just had an idea, maybe I buy one of them, I send my ring to wf and I ask them once they take my k out, can they just place each one in my ring and take a picture of it and send it to me?
Then I can see my ring with each in it and what it would look like and then I can decide. Lol

Is that something reasonable to ask?

If not I’m gonna flip a coin in the am

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I just had an idea, maybe I buy one of them, I send my ring to wf and I ask them once they take my k out, can they just place each one in my ring and take a picture of it and send it to me?
Then I can see my ring with each in it and what it would look like and then I can decide. Lol

Is that something reasonable to ask?

If not I’m gonna flip a coin in the am

Definitely something to inquire about and pursue if they're willing to mock up your setting for an ACA photoshoot! Heck of a great idea!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
It’s absolutely impossible to tell size difference looking down at the top when their diameters are that close. Any impression of size difference from the picture, if it exists, is due to camera angle. If the hand isn’t perfectly flat, one diamond is higher up than another and closer to the camera — etc.

Put my vote with the F VS stone.

Hi again

I just spoke to WF, she confirms there is no way to tell the size difference, she had them both in hand and they are identical in size to her eye when she held and photographed them yesterday.

She is going to pull the f again and really eye ball it to see if she can find the inclusion with her eye. She will then look through the loup so she knows where to look and she'll try again to spot it. If she can then see it with her eye then i'll get the G.
If she can't see it. then i'll get the F.

Almost there!

ps. she said setting each stone in my ring and taking pics wont help me as they are identical to look at. lol

so it all comes down to what she's going to do within the hour.

I'll circle back with the outcome. and again, thank you all so much!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Ok, She checked the F. She said she struggled to find the inclusion even with the loupe. She had to really move it around to see it. Then once she knew where it was, she could not see it at all with her eye. She checked loupe again and had to really work it a bit to find it.
So, i think i am safe there! She also held them both again and confirmed they are, to her, the exact same size visually.

So, I ordered the F VS2 1.087!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOP! I am so excited and can not wait to come back and show you all a side by side of my ring now and my ring with the new stone. The difference will be a great learning tool for others that the right proportions are SO important! I am not sure if there are other threads like this out here but you have all helped me so much and I am super thankful for everyone who chimed in!

The finished product wont be for a bit as I am out of town shortly for a work conference so can't do any of this until I am back. Hoping to ship her my ring week of May 22 and I will keep you posted. Once all done she will ship me everything back, my K, Elena band and new Ering.

I am so glad i made the decision and this is all set. YAY!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, She checked the F. She said she struggled to find the inclusion even with the loupe. She had to really move it around to see it. Then once she knew where it was, she could not see it at all with her eye. She checked loupe again and had to really work it a bit to find it.
So, i think i am safe there! She also held them both again and confirmed they are, to her, the exact same size visually.

So, I ordered the F VS2 1.087!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOP! I am so excited and can not wait to come back and show you all a side by side of my ring now and my ring with the new stone. The difference will be a great learning tool for others that the right proportions are SO important! I am not sure if there are other threads like this out here but you have all helped me so much and I am super thankful for everyone who chimed in!

The finished product wont be for a bit as I am out of town shortly for a work conference so can't do any of this until I am back. Hoping to ship her my ring week of May 22 and I will keep you posted. Once all done she will ship me everything back, my K, Elena band and new Ering.

I am so glad i made the decision and this is all set. YAY!

Great! This forum is made up of lots of questions and decisions such as yours. In the end, it all comes down to personal decisions though. We will be waiting to see the finished rings!!!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Great! This forum is made up of lots of questions and decisions such as yours. In the end, it all comes down to personal decisions though. We will be waiting to see the finished rings!!!

Thank you! one day i hope to get a large stunner like yours and i am so glad you guys encouraged me to go with whiteflash and get an ACA instead of my local place as now we will be able to upgrade down the line also. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! When you get it delivered, you may want to open that package barefoot...otherwise prepare to have your socks blown off.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! When you get it delivered, you may want to open that package barefoot...otherwise prepare to have your socks blown off.

OMG!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen an ACA in person before.

SO thankful for you guys and for telling me the proportions i need. So glad i started this thread. I remember i went back to jeweler guy who sold fiance my stone and i asked him about it looking dirty a lot and not very bright and he told me basically i was crazy because it was a VVS1 and it was a perfect stone. rolling eyes.

Glad for the honest folks here to steer me in the right direction.
:)

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone
I have another quick question for the group. WF had asked me for the original appraisal on my engagement ring and when i found it i read that my side stones are H color, Si1, .61tcw.

Now, will this matter? My center, as you know will be the 1.087 F VS2.

The man at the store told me my sides were G's which is what i have been saying all along.
Now i wonder will it matter that they are 2 shades apart. I am thinking it will NOT as as currently my center is 3 shades apart from my sides, H to K. and i am HOPING the sides being H will only enhance my center even more with it being an F.

Any thoughts?

Please tell me this is fine!!!!! Is it fine? lol :shock: I could always switch it to the G that was next in the running if that will make the ring look better overall.

I may ask WF too., maybe their experts can look at both... Unless you all think it wont matter and i am again, splitting hairs!

Ughhh -

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
I have another quick question for the group. WF had asked me for the original appraisal on my engagement ring and when i found it i read that my side stones are H color, Si1, .61tcw.

Now, will this matter? My center, as you know will be the 1.087 F VS2.

The man at the store told me my sides were G's which is what i have been saying all along.
Now i wonder will it matter that they are 2 shades apart. I am thinking it will NOT as as currently my center is 3 shades apart from my sides, H to K. and i am HOPING the sides being H will only enhance my center even more with it being an F.

Any thoughts?

Please tell me this is fine!!!!! Is it fine? lol :shock: I could always switch it to the G that was next in the running if that will make the ring look better overall.

I may ask WF too., maybe their experts can look at both... Unless you all think it wont matter and i am again, splitting hairs!

Ughhh -

Just let it ride out as-is. It may be just fine. You won't know until your own eyes see it. Settings can always be changed out or, in some cases, modified whenever you want...and it's almost always the more cost-effective route to play around with the setting than it is the diamond that the setting holds.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Just let it ride out as-is. It may be just fine. You won't know until your own eyes see it. Settings can always be changed out or, in some cases, modified whenever you want...and it's almost always the more cost-effective route to play around with the setting than it is the diamond that the setting holds.

great point!! THANK YOU! AND, as you know, i'll be swapping out the setting anyway for my 50th so its not the end of the world to have the H's for a few years.

Oh last question, i hope! For my 50th, we will hope to move up to as large of a center as we can..... with the ideals specs of course, those are more important to me then size. That being said, As you go up in size, 1.5 or maybe even 2ct. (i wish).
Are the proportions to stick with the same?

60-62.5 depth
54-57 table
34-35 crown angle
50-55 stars
40.6-40.8 pavilion
75-80 LGF

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
great point!! THANK YOU! AND, as you know, i'll be swapping out the setting anyway for my 50th so its not the end of the world to have the H's for a few years.

Oh last question, i hope! For my 50th, we will hope to move up to as large of a center as we can..... with the ideals specs of course, those are more important to me then size. That being said, As you go up in size, 1.5 or maybe even 2ct. (i wish).
Are the proportions to stick with the same?

60-62.5 depth
54-57 table
34-35 crown angle
50-55 stars
40.6-40.8 pavilion
75-80 LGF

Yes...and you won't have anything to worry about since you'll be at liberty to upgrade an ACA for an ACA. :)

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Yes...and you won't have anything to worry about since you'll be at liberty to upgrade an ACA for an ACA. :)

Thank you !!! And yes definitely aca for aca.

Anyway, thank you. I’ll keep u all posted on return timeline.

Shipping ring Wednesday I hope.

I’m so excited:)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on deciding your center stone! No doubt you will love it and be happy.

In regards to main and side stone color differences, remember that smaller stones of the exact color can look whiter than a larger variant. So depending on specifics the F center and G/H sides may play very well together when you factor in these conditions.

Looking forward to pics once you get it all back. :cool2:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on deciding your center stone! No doubt you will love it and be happy.

In regards to main and side stone color differences, remember that smaller stones of the exact color can look whiter than a larger variant. So depending on specifics the F center and G/H sides may play very well together when you factor in these conditions.

Looking forward to pics once you get it all back. :cool2:

Thank you for that!!! I’m hoping so!!!
And Yes I am chomping at the bit.
My engagement ring has been received by Whiteflash and I’m just waiting to hear from them once the team that does the work takes my k out and checks out my prongs….. determined if any worn needs to be done before setting the f.

I’m sooooo happy I got an aca and that you all helped me.

Can’t wait to post pics!!!!!! I think the before and Afters will be pretty awesome to see

Will keep everyone posted !

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys just a small update. WF said my prongs are ok so no extra charges there, estimated ship date is Thursday!!’
I’m literally checking my email every few hrs for a ship date confirmation as I’d really like it NOW!
Lol
Fiancé is also super excited to see the difference in the two stones which I think it’s going to be Very Significant
Not only did I go from a K to an F but I am getting an ACA and with all ideal
Proportions.

Yay! Any hoots, that’s it. Just waiting now….

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys just a small update. WF said my prongs are ok so no extra charges there, estimated ship date is Thursday!!’
I’m literally checking my email every few hrs for a ship date confirmation as I’d really like it NOW!
Lol
Fiancé is also super excited to see the difference in the two stones which I think it’s going to be Very Significant
Not only did I go from a K to an F but I am getting an ACA and with all ideal
Proportions.

Yay! Any hoots, that’s it. Just waiting now….

That's fantastic!
Really looking forward to reading what you type up about you and fiance's thoughts are, especially the comparison!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited for you to receive the ring and hear your thoughts! I think you are going to love it!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hello!!!!!!!! Omg! I just got images from Whiteflash and everything is being shipped today!!! B

I’m freaking out. Guys look at this difference !!!!! Holy good god.

Thank you all. Omg

IMG_5603.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5607.jpeg
    IMG_5607.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 44

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hello!!!!!!!! Omg! I just got images from Whiteflash and everything is being shipped today!!! B

I’m freaking out. Guys look at this difference !!!!! Holy good god.

Thank you all. Omg

IMG_5603.jpeg

We’re gonna need comparison vids!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Here’s another from the day I was at jeweler trying on bands and they cleaned my k.

I don’t know if I have any videos of my old ring. I can look

Attachments

• IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 32

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Here’s another from the day I was at jeweler trying on bands and they cleaned my k.

I don’t know if I have any videos of my old ring. I can look

I mean the K pendant next to the new F center.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I mean the K pendant next to the new F center.

Ohhhh. I didn’t end up getting a pendant. I’m going to try and sell my K.
They are going to ship it back to me loose. So I can make a video once I get it.
Not sure how it will come exactly.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow…what a difference! Enjoy your new ring…it’s beautiful.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow, this will be the beginning of a truly happy ending. We'll be anxiously waiting for you to tell us your thoughts and post pictures and videos...after the endorphins wear off a little and you can get back to your thread here. Ha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results